The Altoona car accident lawyers at Berger and Green compassionately represent those affected by fatal crashes in Altoona. Berger and Green will fight for a just financial recovery while you attend to your emotional and psychological needs. We consider pain and suffering, lost financial support, funeral expenses, and all other economic and non-economic damages that wrongful deaths can cause.
Recoverable Damages for Those Affected by a Fatal Car Accident in Altoona
We have represented many clients suffering from the sudden trauma of a fatal car accident. We have seen the toll that wrongful deaths take on surviving victims, and recoverable damages can include:
Pain and Suffering
The American Journal of Psychiatry explains that an unexpected death is the worst psychological event most people will experience in their lives. Responses to a loved one’s passing in a fatal car accident may include:
- Lost quality of life
- Sleep problems
The Berger and Green team works alongside mental health professionals who understand the complex nature of grief. We can obtain detailed diagnoses of your pain and suffering and estimates for any grief-related treatment you will need.
We will also consider any pain and suffering the decedent may have experienced before passing away.
Loss of the Decedent’s Non-Economic Value
Victims of fatal car accidents bring value to their loved ones, which may include:
- Companionship, emotional support, and intimacy for a spouse
- Guidance for children
Those who lose their lives because of fatal car accidents in Altoona are people, first and foremost. Our team will determine the human cost of your loved one’s tragic passing.
Medical Costs, Funeral Expenses, and Other Economic Damages
A wrongful death can cause several immediate financial expenses, including:
- Medical bills, which may result from emergency transport, attempts to save the decedent’s life, and end-of-life care
- Funeral and burial expenses
- The cost of transportation to any appointments related to the auto accident or the victim’s passing
- Vehicle repairs or replacement of a totaled vehicle
The National Safety Council (NSC) explains that a fatal accident can cause nearly $1.8 million, on average, in economic damages. Your loved one’s fatal accident in Altoona may prove even more costly. Your lawyer from Berger and Green will determine a fair monetary value for every economic damage related to your loved one’s collision.
Loss of the Decedent’s Income
If your loved one provided any financial support at the time of their accident, you may be entitled to seek compensation for:
- The decedent’s lost income until the age they would have retired
- Any employment-linked benefits the decedent provided, such as healthcare
- Contributions the decedent made to their household, such as chores, bookkeeping, handiwork, landscaping, and security
Losing a loved one sends shockwaves through every aspect of your life. Our firm will calculate a settlement value based on the total effect of the wrongful death.
For a free legal consultation with a Fatal Car Accident lawyer serving Altoona, call 412-661-1400
Choosing Your Fatal Car Accident Attorney From Berger and Green
Berger and Green may be the right law firm for you if you want your legal team to:
- Cover the entire cost of your case: Our contingency fee structure allows us to represent anyone affected by a wrongful death, regardless of their financial circumstances. Berger and Green will pay the entire cost of completing your case, and we will only receive a fee if we secure compensation for you.
- Treat you with compassion, respect, and dignity: Our lawyers understand what you’ve been through. Expect nothing but consistency, respect, compassion, and reliability when you hire Berger and Green. It’s what you deserve, and it’s what we’ll deliver.
- Exhaust every measure to secure the compensation you deserve: While we will do everything possible to negotiate a fair settlement, we will be prepared to take your case to trial if necessary.
- Have relevant experience with fatal car accident cases in Altoona: Wrongful death cases have been an essential practice area for Berger and Green for more than 40 years. We understand the process of winning a fatal car accident case, and we’re ready to lead your case today.
Every client’s case comes with unique demands, and we will create a personalized strategy for your lawsuit in Altoona.
How Former Clients Describe Berger and Green
Our former clients often express their gratitude for the Berger and Green team:
- “Working with them, I could say was excellent… I never had to come down to Pittsburgh, with my medical condition it would have been very difficult to make a trip. I live approximately 50 miles away… All along the way I was well-informed.”
- “I couldn’t have done this alone. I was mentally, physically unable to deal with all this. They here at Berger and Green removed all the stress, all the anxiety off of my shoulders and the burden.”
Excellence is the standard at Berger and Green. Expect nothing less.
Altoona Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Services Our Team Provides Fatal Car Accident Victims in Altoona
We are a client-focused, full-service firm that enables our clients to prioritize their recovery. Our team serving Altoona will command every step of your case, including:
- Investigating the fatal car accident and securing all important evidence
- Documenting the damages resulting from your loved one’s passing (and the related accident)
- Calculating the value of a fair settlement
- Negotiating a settlement on your behalf (and overseeing all other case-related communications)
- Completing a trial, if we need to
Berger and Green will oversee these and any other responsibilities related to your case in Altoona. We hope that you’ll be able to be with loved ones, work through your grief, and allow us to fight for you in the legal arena.
Call for a Free Consultation About Working with Our Car Accident Lawyer in Altoona
Do not wait to speak with our team serving Altoona, as we may need to file your case by an upcoming deadline. A lawyer from Berger and Green will build and complete your case as soon as possible.
Call Berger and Green today for your free consultation.