Mark E. Milsop is a 1989 graduate of Pennsylvania State University, where he earned his bachelor’s degree in economics with a minor in speech communication. He then attended Duquesne University School of Law in 1992, where he earned his Juris Doctor and graduated with honors. During law school, Mr. Milsop was a member of the Law Review and Appellate Moot Court Society. He also interned with the Honorable Ralph J. Cappy of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. Attorney Milsop knew early on that he wanted to be a courtroom attorney. He wanted to do work that was important, helpful and that makes a difference in people’s lives. Mr. Milsop believes the courtroom is a place where he can stand up for people.
Attorney Milsop joined Berger and Green, P.C. in 2007, where he proudly represents injured accident victims in personal injury claims including: car accidents, burn injuries, dog bites, slip and fall incidents, and wrongful death claims. Attorney Milsop has 25 years of experience. He believes in building trust with his clients, letting them know up front what the strengths and weaknesses of their case are, and how he plans to handle them. He understands that a serious injury can have a devastating impact on his client’s life. This compels attorney Milsop to work hard to make a recovery for his clients.
Attorney Milsop serves on numerous professional organizations including the Board of Governors of the Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association (WPTLA) of which he currently serves as president-elect, the Local Rules Committee of the Allegheny County Bar Association (ACBA). He is also an elected member of the Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County (ATLAC), where he served on the membership committee. Mr. Milsop is a former member of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice’s Board of Governors and is the former chair of the PAJ’s Amicus Curiae Committee. He is also a board member and former President of the St. Thomas More Society (Catholic Lawyers). From 2011-2020 Attorney Milsop was named as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer. These lawyers represent the top five percent of all lawyers in Pennsylvania in peer recognition and professional achievement. Most recently, Attorney Milsop was honored by his peers with the 2018 George F. Douglas Amicus Curiae Award.
Attorney Milsop has also written on the law, having served as a co-author of the Pennsylvania Automobile Litigation: Guideline and Forms for the Trial Lawyer, 3rd Edition. He also authors a regular Column -“By The Rules”- for WPTLA’s quarterly publication.
Mr. Milsop is licensed to practice in all Pennsylvania Courts as well as the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Outside of the courtroom, Mr. Milsop likes to stay active in the legal community, writing on the law and advocating for laws that protect the rights of injured accident victims.
Mr. Milsop is proud to serve personal injury victims as an attorney with Berger and Green. He believes that it is important to focus on the fact that his clients have been victims of the carelessness of others. Attorney Milsop feels it is his role to see that his clients are treated fairly by the civil justice system.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Pennsylvania, 1992
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1993
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 1992
- Honors: Appellate Moot Court
- Law Review: Duquesne Law Review
- Pennsylvania State University, State College
- B.A. – 1989
- Pennsylvania Automobile Litigation: Guidelines and Forms for the Trial Lawyer, (Co-Author ), Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, 3rd Edition, 2005
- “Corporate Negligence: Defining the Duty Owed by Hospitals to Their Patients” (Comment Author), 30 Duquesne L. Rev. 639, 1992
Honors and Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Personal Injury 2011-2020
- George F. Douglas Amicus Curiae Award, 2018 awarded by the Pennsylvania Association for Justice
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Former Member of Board of Governors
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, president-elect and Board of Governors
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Local Rules Committee
- Academy of Trial Lawyers of Allegheny County