Motorcycle riders are at a higher risk of serious injury on the road than other vehicle drivers due to their lack of protection. This can leave motorcycle accident victims and their families with thousands of dollars or more in medical bills.
If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation. An Altoona motorcycle accident lawyer from Berger and Green can help you fight for compensation.
What Damages Can I Seek?
The damages you can seek in a motorcycle accident claim will vary depending on the extent of your injuries, the damage incurred to your property, and the insurance coverage that you and the other driver carry. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident that was not your fault, you may be able to claim compensation for the following types of damages:
- Medical bills: Your claim should include the cost of all medical treatment, such as ambulance services, surgical procedures, hospital care, and medications.
- Lost earnings: If you are unable to work due to the accident, you may claim compensation for the income you lose. This also includes future lost income due to a temporary or permanent disability.
- Vehicle damage: You may claim the cost of any repairs or the replacement of your motorcycle due to damage from the accident. This also applies to any other damaged property, such as equipment or clothing.
- Pain and suffering: You may also claim damages for the physical and mental pain you experienced due to the accident.
- Loss of consortium: If you were married, your spouse may also have a claim for the effect that your injury had on his or her including any loss of companionship and affection.
- Wrongful Death: If you were married, your spouse may also have a claim for the effect that your injury had on his or her including any loss of companionship and affection.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Altoona, call 412-661-1400
The Benefits of Using a Law Firm
When you choose to hire a motorcycle accident lawyer, you can benefit from their knowledge of personal injury law. A lawyer can help you:
- Focus on healing: Having a motorcycle accident lawyer take care of your case means you can focus on your medical recovery while they deal with your economic recovery.
- Build your case: Our team will gather all necessary evidence to build your case. This evidence may include medical bills, medical records, photos of your accident, eyewitness testimony, and the police report. We will use this evidence to establish negligence and your damages.
- Handle all communication with insurers: It is very easy to say something that could jeopardize your case. Our team will handle all communication with the insurers and other involved parties to protect your right to compensation.
- Negotiate for a fair settlement: Many injured victims will accept any offer they receive, but this may leave thousands of dollars on the table. Our team will negotiate with the insurer to get you a fair settlement.
- Manage deadlines: We may need to take your case to court if the insurer refuses to offer a fair settlement. You have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit. Our team will keep track of all deadlines.
- Level the playing field: If you are unrepresented, an insurance company may not take you seriously and may undervalue your claim. Your lawyer will add credibility to your claim and make sure that you are asking for what you deserve.
Altoona Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Why Choose Berger and Green to Represent You?
If you are looking for an Altoona, Pennsylvania motorcycle accident attorney, our team at Berger and Green can help you file a claim and possibly a lawsuit for damages. We have attorneys with experience in motorcycle accident claims involving distracted drivers, drivers under the influence, and many other types of driver negligence.
What’s more, you can talk to us for free. We are not only happy to give you free legal advice, but you will also not have to pay any legal fees or costs unless we help you settle or win your case.
Click to contact our Altoona Personal Injury Lawyers today
Possible Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Common causes of motorcycle accidents that are related to the negligence of another driver include:
- A driver fails to look for motorcycles
- A driver who does not respect the rights of motorcyclists to use the road
- A driver who fails to look for motorcycles coming in the opposite direction before turning left
- A driver failing to yield to a motorcyclist
- Speeding, reckless, or inattentive driving
- Failing to check blind spots
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Types of Motorcycle Accidents We Handle
Some of the injuries that can result from a motorcycle accident include:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal injuries
- Lacerations, road rash and open wounds
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Some injuries can be life-threatening, while others can result in ongoing or even permanent medical conditions, such as paralysis or chronic pain. This is why it is important to consider any future medical treatment you may need as a result of your motorcycle accident injuries.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident due to another driver’s negligence, you may wish to talk to a lawyer about filing an injury claim or lawsuit.
We Offer Legal Help with No Upfront Fees
The aftermath of a motorcycle accident can be frustrating and costly. You are likely facing thousands of dollars in medical bills and losses and you may be out of work due to your injuries.
Our team wants you to focus on your recovery instead of how you will afford legal help. We offer our legal assistance on a contingency-fee basis. This means you owe us nothing up front and you pay no attorney’s fees unless and until you recover compensation. There is no risk when you work with our team.
See How an Altoona Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You Today
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident and believe another driver was at fault, don’t delay. Pa. C.S.A. § 5524 states that most personal injury lawsuits must be filed within two years of the accident, and it will take time to build your case and negotiate with the insurance company.
Contact Berger and Green today or submit an online form. Our team of motorcycle attorneys is standing by, ready to discuss your case and provide you with a free legal evaluation. Let us help you get back on the road to recovery and work to collect the damages you deserve.
Call or text 412-661-1400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form