- What Damages Can You Seek for a Motorcycle Wreck?
- The Benefits of Using a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Why Choose Berger and Green to Represent You?
- Possible Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Altoona
- Types of Motorcycle Accidents We Handle
- We Can Take Your Motorcycle Crash Case on Contingency
Motorcycle riders are at a higher risk of serious injury during a collision than other motor vehicle drivers due to their lack of protection. This can leave motorcycle accident victims and their families with thousands of dollars or more in medical bills and other crash-related expenses.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident, you may qualify for financial compensation. An Altoona, PA, motorcycle accident lawyer from Berger and Green can help you fight for damages with a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
What Damages Can You Seek for a Motorcycle Wreck?
The damages you can seek in a motorcycle accident claim will vary depending on the extent of your injuries, the damage incurred to your property, and the insurance coverage you and the other driver carry. If you sustained injuries in a motorcycle accident that was not your fault, you may be able to claim compensation for the following types of damages:
- Medical bills: Your claim should include the cost of all medical treatment, such as ambulance services, surgical procedures, hospital care, medications, ongoing treatment, and life care.
- Lost earnings: If you are unable to work due to the accident, you may claim compensation for the income you lose. This also includes future lost income due to a temporary or permanent disability.
- Vehicle and property damage: You may claim the cost of any repairs or the replacement value of your motorcycle due to damage from the accident. This also applies to any other damaged property, such as equipment or clothing.
- Pain and suffering: You may also claim damages for the physical and mental pain you experienced due to the accident. This may include awards for scarring, disfigurement, inconvenience, and loss of enjoyment.
- Survival and wrongful death damages: If your loved one suffered a fatal injury, you may be able to seek survival damages from when their injury occurred until death. This includes medical bills, lost wages, and their conscious pain and suffering. Wrongful death damages provide awards to the deceased’s family for losses resulting from their passing, such as funeral and burial expenses and loss of your loved one’s support and services.
For a free legal consultation with a Motorcycle Accident lawyer serving Altoona, call 412-661-1400
The Benefits of Using a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
When you hire our Altoona motorcycle accident attorneys, you can benefit from their knowledge of personal injury law. Our lawyers can help you with the following:
- Focus on healing: Having our motorcycle accident lawyers take care of your case means you can focus on your medical recovery while our legal team deals with your economic recovery.
- Build your case: Our team will gather all the necessary evidence to build your case. This evidence may include medical bills, medical records, photos of your accident and injuries, eyewitness testimony, and the police report. We will use this evidence to establish negligence and your damages.
- Handle all communication with insurers: It is very easy to say something that could jeopardize your case. Our team will handle all communication with the insurers and other involved parties to protect your right to compensation.
- Negotiate for a fair settlement: Many injured victims will accept any offer they receive, but this may leave thousands of dollars on the table. Our team will negotiate with the insurer to get you a fair settlement.
- Manage deadlines: We may need to take your case to court if the insurer refuses to offer a fair settlement. You have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit. Our team will keep track of all legal deadlines.
- Level the playing field: If you do not have representation, an insurance company may not take you seriously and may undervalue your claim. Our lawyers will add credibility to your claim and make sure that you are asking for what you deserve.
Altoona Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Why Choose Berger and Green to Represent You?
If you are looking for an Altoona, Pennsylvania, motorcycle accident attorney, our team at Berger and Green can help you file a claim and possibly a lawsuit for damages. We have attorneys with experience in motorcycle accident claims involving distracted drivers, drivers under the influence, and many other types of driver negligence.
In our 40-plus years representing injured clients, we have recovered millions of dollars in financial compensation for motor vehicle accident victims. Our years in practice have given us invaluable legal experience and insight into the challenges facing you and your family, which is why we strive to achieve case success while also offering compassionate representation.
Our service commitment shines through in our many positive reviews, such as the following:
“I couldn’t have done this alone. I was mentally, physically unable to deal with all this. They here at Berger and Green removed all the stress, all the anxiety off of my shoulders and the burden. Taking the paperwork, taking my copays and addressing everything.” – personal injury client
Possible Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Altoona
Common causes of motorcycle accidents related to driver negligence include:
- A driver who does not respect the rights of motorcyclists to use the road
- A driver who fails to look for motorcycles coming in the opposite direction before turning left
- A driver failing to yield to a motorcyclist
- Speeding, reckless, or inattentive driving
- Failing to check blind spots
Some accidents do not result from driver negligence but rather from the actions of another at-fault party. For example, we can pursue a case against a manufacturer if your collision was caused by defective car or motorcycle parts. A property owner may be liable if your crash stemmed from negligent road maintenance or dangerous conditions. We may be able to make a case against a third-party motorist if more than one reckless driver was involved.
Whatever the cause of your motorcycle accident, we will get to the bottom of it and pursue compensation from all those liable.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Types of Motorcycle Accidents We Handle
Some of the injuries that can result from a motorcycle accident include:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal injuries
- Lacerations, road rash, and open wounds
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Some injuries can be life-threatening, while others can result in ongoing or permanent medical conditions, such as paralysis or chronic pain. This is why it is important to consider any future medical treatment you may need as a result of your motorcycle accident injuries.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident due to another driver’s negligence, you may wish to talk to our lawyers about filing an injury claim or lawsuit.
We Can Take Your Motorcycle Crash Case on Contingency
The aftermath of a motorcycle accident can be frustrating and costly. You are likely facing thousands of dollars in medical bills and losses, and you may be out of work due to your injuries.
Our team wants you to focus on your recovery instead of how you will afford legal help. We offer our legal assistance on a contingency-fee-basis. This means you owe us nothing upfront and pay no attorney’s fees unless and until you recover compensation. There is no risk when you work with our team.
Do Not Wait Too Long to Pursue a Claim for Compensation
If you have motorcycle accident injuries and damages and believe another driver was at fault, don’t delay. Pa. C.S.A. § 5524 states that you must file most personal injury lawsuits within two years of the accident, and it will take time to build your case and negotiate with the insurance company. If time runs out, you may lose your chance to recover damages. Our Altoona, PA, motorcycle accident lawyers can help you get started immediately.
Contact Berger and Green Today
Contact Berger and Green today or submit an online form. Our team of motorcycle attorneys is standing by, ready to discuss your case and provide you with a free legal evaluation. Let us help you get back on the road to recovery and work to collect the damages you deserve.