If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a motorcycle accident, do not assume that the accident was your fault. Connect with the Pennsylvania motorcycle collision attorneys at Berger and Green to find out about your rights to compensation that can cover your medical bills and wage loss and also compensate you for your pain and suffering.
Single-vehicle motorcycle accidents can occur due to severe weather (strong winds, heavy rain, etc.) or hazardous road conditions. Often, other motorists fail to give motorcycles their proper right-of-way in traffic, causing many motorcycle accidents.
Economic and Non-Economic Damages You May Recover
Your lawyer will determine what damages you are owed after your accident and place a value on them. Some common damages in a motorcycle accident that you may recover include:
- Pain and suffering
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages from missing work
- Diminished earning capacity if you have to take a lower-paying job due to your injuries
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Property damage
- Loss of enjoyment of activities
- Mental anguish
You may qualify for some or all of these damages. Your lawyer will fight to recover every penny you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Pittsburgh, call 412-661-1400
Proving Negligence in a Motorcycle Accident
A motorcycle accident lawyer in Pittsburgh from our firm can identify the party that is liable for your injuries. It could be another motorist, an employer of a motorist, or a governmental agency, to name a few possible parties. In order to have a strong case, we will need to show that the four tenets of negligence are present in your case. These four elements are:
- Duty of care: The negligent party owed you a duty of care. They were supposed to act responsibly and keep you and others safe.
- Breach of duty of care: The negligent party breached their duty of care by being irresponsible.
- Causation: The negligent party caused your accident and injuries.
- Damages: You have damages due to the accident, such as medical expenses and pain and suffering. These damages can be rectified by receiving financial compensation for them.
Pittsburgh Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
How a Motorcycle Accident Can Happen
Motorcycles, due to their smaller size, can disappear into other vehicles’ blind spots or fall out of view behind larger vehicles such as commercial trucks. Drivers may change lanes or make turns without seeing the motorcycle until it is too late.
Motorcyclists must maneuver through traffic and respond to road and weather conditions differently than other drivers. Pulling out unexpectedly in front of a motorcyclist can cause them to crash because they did not have a sufficient amount of time to react properly.
Motorcycle-Related Cases We Handle
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, motorcycle rider fatalities are more likely to occur than car passenger fatalities. At Berger and Green, our attorneys have experience handling wrongful death, personal injury, and disability claims which arise from motorcycle accidents, bike crashes, dirt bike wrecks, and other serious accidents. We handle catastrophic injury cases involving:
- Brain/head injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Severe road rash
- Road burn injury
- Other serious motorcycle injuries
- Fatal motorcycle accidents
- Motorcycle accident head injuries
- Motorcycle burn injuries
- Passengers involved in motorcycle accidents
How Our Lawyers Can Help with Your Pittsburgh Motorcycle Accident
The Pittsburgh motorcycle accident attorneys at Berger and Green can help you obtain the money you need for your damages. We will file your claim and possibly your lawsuit, gather evidence, speak with witnesses, evaluate your damages, and protect your rights.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers will fight to win a fair settlement for your injuries from insurance companies that may try to convince you to settle quickly for the lowest possible amount. We are familiar with insurance companies’ tactics to downplay injuries and devalue claims, and we won’t let them handle your claim this way. We fight for what is rightfully yours.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Clock Is Ticking to Take Action
If you wish to file a lawsuit, know that you only have so much time to do so. According to Pa. C.S.A. § 5524, you generally have two years. This may seem like a long time, but your lawyer will need as much time as they can get to create a solid case and potentially achieve the best possible outcome for you.
In personal injury cases, the statutory clock starts running on the day of the accident.
Circumstances of the accident can alter the filing deadline. These can include the age of the injured party or the fact that you are seeking damages from a government agency or municipality. Our personal injury law firm’s familiarity with personal injury law means we can ensure the statute of limitations is accurately interpreted and applied.
It is best for you to allow your lawyer to get started as soon as possible. It is imperative to collect all available evidence right away and get in touch with eyewitnesses while you still can. Do not let time run out because, after the two-year mark, you will likely be barred from pursuing the compensation you deserve.
Leave the Negotiation Process to Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
The negotiation process after a motorcycle accident can be overwhelming. It can be even more distressing when you are recovering from the severe injuries that often follow motorcycle accidents or your family is coping with the loss of a loved one.
While you focus on recovering from your injuries, we will:
- Ensure your potential lawsuit is filed on time
- Create your initial settlement demand letter
- Receive and review each settlement offer made to you
- Explain the pros and cons of each offer made to you
- Protect you from speedy or lowball settlement offers
When we negotiate a fair and appropriate financial settlement for you, we also make sure the insurance company treats you fairly and does not engage in bad faith insurance practices.
You, not our law firm, will make the final decision to accept or reject a settlement offer. We make sure you have the information you need to make a well-informed decision. Our goal is to fight for the best possible outcome for your case.
See Why Personal Injury Clients Recommend Our Law Firm
Every member of our team is committed to building effective cases and fighting for compensation for the clients we represent. Our previous clients say the following:
- Matthew Metcalf: The team at Berger and Green did everything they possibly could for me. They were attentive, professional, and caring…I would highly, highly recommend their services to anyone in need of legal representation regarding personal injury. Their honesty about the process was what stuck out to me the most.
- David Baier: I am so happy I made the decision to go with Berger & Green as my attorneys…they were so knowledgeable and helpful every time we called. A Sincere Thank You for the entire staff at Berger & Green for helping me win my case, I Highly recommend them to everyone.
You can read additional recommendations and watch video testimonials on our client reviews page to learn more about how we fight for injured clients and their compensation.
We Represent You at No Upfront Cost to You
Our law firm will represent you on a contingency fee basis with no upfront or out-of-pocket expenses for you. Here is how you benefit from this fee structure:
- We pay all case-related expenses.
- We hire expert witnesses.
- We cover all investigative costs.
- We start on your case promptly.
We receive compensation only after we secure it for you with an insurance settlement or court-ordered financial award.
Contact Berger and Green Today for Legal Help
If a negligent party is responsible for your accident in which you sustained injuries, you should not have to bear the costs of your treatment and other damages. A motorcycle accident lawyer in Pittsburgh will take on your whole case and tirelessly fight for the monetary award you deserve.
Call or text us to speak with a compassionate member of our team.