Pittsburgh Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Fighting For Your Rights
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a motorcycle crash, do not assume that the accident was your fault. A negligent driver or another liable party’s insurance company may cover your damages. The Pittsburgh, PA, motorcycle accident lawyers at Berger and Green can tell you more about your rights to compensation that can cover your medical bills, wage loss, and pain and suffering.
Our Pittsburgh personal injury lawyers have more than 40 years of legal experience we can use to build your personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit. We will work tirelessly on your behalf so you can focus on healing. We offer free initial consultations and serve accident victims on a contingency basis.
For a free legal consultation with a Motorcycle Accident lawyer serving Pittsburgh, call 412-661-1400
Motorcycle Accident Damages You May Recover
Our lawyers can determine what damages you can seek after your motorcycle accident and place a value on them. Some common economic and noneconomic damages in a motorcycle accident that you may recover include:
- Past and future medical expenses, including emergency treatment, hospital stays, surgeries, physical therapy, long-term care, and any other necessary medical costs
- Pain and suffering, including disfigurement, scarring, temporary or permanent disability, emotional trauma, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment
- Lost wages from missing work
- Diminished earning capacity if you have to take a lower-paying job due to your injuries
- Property damages, including the cost of motorcycle repairs, vehicle replacement, or damaged personal items, like cell phones or jewelry
- Wrongful death compensation and survival damages if your loved one suffered a fatal injury
You may qualify for some or all of these damages. Our attorneys will fight to recover every penny you deserve.
Pittsburgh Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Proving Negligence in a Motorcycle Accident
A Pittsburgh motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm can identify the party that is liable for your injuries. It could be a negligent motorist, an employer of a motorist, or a governmental agency, to name a few possible parties. In order to have a strong case, we will need to show that the four elements of negligence are present. These four elements are:
- Duty of care: The negligent party owed you a duty of care. They had a legal obligation to act responsibly and keep you and others safe.
- Breach of duty of care: The negligent party breached their duty of care by being irresponsible.
- Causation: The negligent party caused your accident and injuries.
- Damages: You have damages from the accident, such as medical expenses and pain and suffering.
How a Motorcycle Accident Can Happen
Due to their smaller size, motorcycles can disappear into other vehicles’ blind spots or fall out of view behind larger vehicles such as commercial trucks. Drivers may change lanes or make turns without seeing the motorcycle until it is too late.
Motorcyclists must maneuver through traffic and respond to road and weather conditions differently than other drivers. A motorist unexpectedly pulling out in front of a motorcyclist can cause the motorcyclist to crash because they did not have a sufficient amount of time to react properly. Other motorcycle accidents causes may include:
- Drunk driving
- Reckless or aggressive driving
- Texting, eating, grooming, or engaging in other distractions behind the wheel
- Following a motorcycle too closely
- Vehicle problems such as defective auto parts or negligent maintenance
- Negligent road conditions
Evidence to Prove Your Case
Our Pittsburgh personal injury attorneys will gather evidence to prove that another party is responsible for your motorcycle accident. This may include:
- Medical records
- Eyewitness accounts
- Physical evidence, debris, and photographs from the crash scene
- Photographs of your injuries
- Police reports
- Cell phone or surveillance video
- Expert testimony
- Bills, receipts, pay stubs, and other proof of your financial losses
We want to build the most robust case possible so that you receive maximum compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Motorcycle Accident Cases We Handle
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), per vehicle miles traveled in 2021, motorcycle riders were 24 times more likely to die in a traffic accident than passenger vehicle occupants. At Berger and Green, our attorneys have experience handling wrongful death, personal injury, and disability claims which arise from motorcycle accidents, bike crashes, dirt bike wrecks, and other serious accidents. In addition, we handle catastrophic injury cases involving:
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injury (SCIs)
- Severe road rash and soft tissue injuries
- Facial injuries
- Burn injuries
- Broken bones
- Organ damage
- Fatal motorcycle accidents
- Passengers involved in motorcycle accidents
How Our Lawyers Can Help with Your Pittsburgh Motorcycle Accident
The Pittsburgh motorcycle accident attorneys at Berger and Green can help you obtain the money you need for your damages. We can file your claim and possibly your lawsuit, gather evidence, speak with witnesses, evaluate your damages, and protect your rights.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers will fight to win a fair settlement for your injuries from insurance companies that may otherwise try to convince you to settle quickly for the lowest possible amount. We are familiar with insurance companies’ tactics to downplay injuries and devalue claims, and we won’t let them handle your claim this way. We fight for what is rightfully yours.
The Clock Is Ticking to Take Action
If you wish to file a lawsuit, know that you only have so much time to do so. According to Pa. C.S.A. § 5524, you generally have two years. This may seem like a long time, but it benefits our lawyers to have as much time as they can get to create a solid case and potentially achieve the best possible outcome for you.
In personal injury cases, the statutory clock starts running on the day of the accident, as do survival actions. The clock on wrongful death lawsuits starts at your loved one’s passing.
Circumstances of the accident can alter the filing deadline. These can include the injured party’s age or the fact that you are seeking damages from a government agency or municipality. Our personal injury law firm’s familiarity with personal injury law means we can ensure the statute of limitations is accurately interpreted and applied.
It is best for you to get started as soon as possible. It is imperative to collect all available evidence right away and get in touch with eyewitnesses while you still can. Do not let time run out because, after the two-year mark, the court will likely bar you from pursuing the compensation you deserve.
Leave the Negotiation Process to Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
The negotiation process after a motorcycle accident can be overwhelming. It can be even more distressing when you are recovering from the severe injuries that often follow motorcycle accidents, or your family is coping with the loss of a loved one.
While you focus on recovering from your injuries, we will:
- Create your initial settlement demand letter
- Receive and review each settlement offer made to you
- Explain the pros and cons of each offer made to you
- Protect you from speedy or lowball settlement offers
- Keep you informed every step of the way
- File your potential lawsuit on time
When we negotiate a fair and appropriate financial settlement for you, we also make sure the insurance company treats you fairly and does not engage in bad-faith insurance practices.
You, not our law firm, will make the final decision to accept or reject a settlement offer. We make sure you have the information you need to make a well-informed decision. Our goal is to fight for the best possible outcome for your case.
See Why Personal Injury Clients Recommend Berger and Green
Every member of our team is committed to building effective cases and fighting for compensation for the clients we represent. Our previous clients say the following:
- Matthew Metcalf: The team at Berger and Green did everything they possibly could for me. They were attentive, professional, and caring…I would highly, highly recommend their services to anyone in need of legal representation regarding personal injury. Their honesty about the process was what stuck out to me the most.
- David Baier: I am so happy I made the decision to go with Berger and Green as my attorneys…they were so knowledgeable and helpful every time we called. A sincere thank you to the entire staff at Berger and Green for helping me win my case. I highly recommend them to everyone.
You can read additional recommendations and watch video testimonials on our client reviews page to learn more about how we fight for injured clients and their compensation.
We Represent You at No Upfront Cost
Our law firm will represent you on a contingency fee basis with no upfront or out-of-pocket expenses for you. Here is how you benefit from this fee structure:
- We pay all case-related expenses
- We hire expert witnesses when needed
- We cover all investigative costs
- We start on your case promptly
We receive compensation only after we secure it for you with an insurance settlement or court-ordered financial award.
Contact Berger and Green Today for Legal Help
If a negligent party is responsible for your accident and injuries, you should not have to bear the costs of your treatment and other damages. Our Pittsburgh, PA, motorcycle accident lawyers will take on your case and tirelessly fight for the monetary award you deserve.
Contact us to speak with a compassionate member of our team. We offer no-obligation, no-cost consultations. Connect with a lawyer near you today!