If you or your loved one suffered injuries in an Uber accident in Altoona, PA, our Altoona car accident lawyers can fight for fair financial recovery for your car accident damages. This way, you do not have to shoulder the financial burden of a negligent party’s mistakes.
Berger and Green has over 40 years of experience advocating for the injured and their families. We know how to investigate motor vehicle collisions, prove negligence, and recover the maximum compensation possible for your losses. We will work to get the money you deserve while you focus on healing.
How Can You Recover Compensation After an Uber Accident?
Car accident claims involving rideshare vehicles can get complicated because the compensation available varies based on the circumstances of the collision and which insurance policies apply.
First, if you opted for limited tort coverage under Pennsylvania’s “choice” no-fault insurance system, you will start by turning to your “medical payments” (med pay) insurance for coverage. Once you exhaust your policy’s limit, you can seek awards from a liable party.
If the at-fault driver is a third-party motorist, our personal injury attorneys can seek compensation with a claim against their auto liability insurance or a personal injury lawsuit. If an Uber driver is liable (or the rideshare driver is the injured party), how we can pursue damages becomes a bit more complex because the available insurance coverage depends on the driver’s status at the time of the crash. According to Uber, coverage is as follows:
- When a driver is offline or the app is off, the driver’s personal insurance applies.
- When a driver is available or waiting for a ride request, Uber provides $50,000 for bodily injury per person, $100,000 for bodily injuries per accident, and $25,000 for property damages. This insurance applies to covered accidents if the driver does not have personal insurance in the aforementioned amounts.
- When a driver is on the way to a ride request or transporting passengers, Uber provides up to $1 million in liability insurance, uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage, med pay for the driver and their riders, and contingent comprehensive and collision coverage for damages to the driver’s vehicle.
What Damages Can You Seek?
Whether you suffered injuries while riding in an Uber, in a crash involving your car and a rideshare vehicle, or as a working driver, we want to help you get the money you need to get back on your feet. In general, compensation for an Altoona Uber accident may include the following:
- Current and ongoing medical expenses, such as ambulance transportation, emergency treatment, hospitalizations, rehabilitation services, and long-term nursing
- Lost wages, earnings, and benefits, like awards for your lost earning capacity if your injuries interfere with your ability to work
- Vehicle repair/replacement costs if your car, truck, or motorcycle suffered damages in the collision
- Physical pain, emotional suffering, and mental anguish
- Lost quality of life
- Wrongful death of a loved one, including funeral and burial expenses, lost wages (like the deceased’s future earnings), estate administration expenses, and loss of your family member’s care, support, and services
How Long Do You Have to Take Action?
In most cases, you must file your car accident lawsuit according to Pennsylvania’s statute of limitations for personal injury, which is two years, according to Pa. C.S.A. § 5524. Even if you have a solid case, the court will likely throw out your suit if you do not meet this deadline.
Even if you believe your case will resolve outside court, you do not want to wait too long. Our attorneys can use the threat of legal action as leverage during insurance negotiations. If you no longer have the option to sue, it takes the teeth out of our bargaining power. In addition, acting quickly allows us to begin our crash investigation while evidence is fresh and still available.
For a free legal consultation with a Uber Accident lawyer serving Altoona, call 412-661-1400
Our Altoona Uber Accident Lawyers Can Prove Your Right to Compensation
To obtain compensation from your Uber driver or a third party, you must demonstrate that your accident resulted from their negligent or wrongful actions. Examples of negligence in a car accident include the following:
- Driving distracted (e.g., texting or engaging with a rideshare or navigation app)
- Driving drunk
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Making an improper turn or lane change
Our Uber accident lawyers serving Altoona, PA, can help you prove that one of the above actions or another careless or reckless behavior caused your crash. We can do this by collecting evidence, which may include:
- The police report
- Medical records
- Eyewitness testimony
- Expert opinions
- Rideshare app data
- Surveillance, dashcam, or cell phone video
- Photographs and debris from the crash site
- Photographs of your injuries and vehicle damages (if the accident involved your car)
- Pay stubs, receipts, bills, invoices, and estimates proving your losses
Altoona Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Our Attorneys Will Take the Stress Out of Your Personal Injury Case
When you work with Berger and Green, you are never alone. Our team is here to support you and represent your best interests throughout every stage of your case, including at trial if necessary.
We will handle all case business and related details, including drafting and filing paperwork, following deadlines, and communicating with involved parties. When negotiating compensation, we will aggressively fight for every cent owed. We will not allow insurers to lowball you, engage in bad-faith tactics, or pressure you into settling before you fully understand your losses.
Rest assured, working with our personal injury lawyers will not add to your financial burden. Our firm takes cases on a contingency-fee basis, meaning we do not ask for upfront or out-of-pocket fees. We only get paid if and when we obtain compensation for you.
Contact Berger and Green for a Free Uber Accident Case Consultation
You should not pay for an accident you did not cause. Contact Berger and Green for a risk-free, no-cost consultation, and learn more about how our Altoona Uber accident attorneys can protect you and your financial future. The sooner you reach out, the sooner we can get to work.