Knowing where to turn to recover your losses can be complicated if you suffered injuries in an Uber accident in Johnstown, PA. The financial responsibility for the crash could rest with an Uber driver or a third party. Furthermore, the rideshare driver’s insurance coverage will depend on their level of engagement with Uber’s app when the collision happened.
Fortunately, Berger and Green’s Johnstown rideshare accident lawyers can protect, serve, and guide you through pursuing Uber accident damages. Our car accidents attorneys serving Johnstown can investigate your crash, prove liability, and fight for the maximum compensation possible for you and your family.
Pursuing Uber Accident Compensation in Pennsylvania
When reviewing Pennsylvania’s auto insurance laws and the unique circumstances that apply to Uber drivers’ insurance, understanding how to recover compensation after a rideshare accident can be confusing.
If you selected no-fault coverage under the state’s “choice” no-fault insurance system, you would likely start by seeking medical damages from your medical payments (MedPay) policy, regardless of who caused the crash.
You can seek Uber accident compensation from a liable party if you have full tort coverage or exhaust your MedPay. Your options for pursuing damages vary depending on who is at fault:
- Uber driver liability. Our Johnstown car accident lawyers can file a claim against a liable Uber driver for injuries that occur while riding in their rideshare vehicle or damages arising from a crash involving your car and an Uber driver. However, the applicable insurance policy and how much compensation it offers depends on the driver’s status during the accident. According to Uber, the rideshare company provides drivers with the following coverage:
- $50,000 in bodily injury per person, $100,000 in bodily injury per accident, and $25,000 in property damage when the Uber app is on and the driver is waiting for a ride request. This policy kicks in only if the Uber driver’s private insurance does not apply or does not meet these coverage amounts)
- $1 million in liability insurance when a driver is on the way to a ride request or carrying passengers. Uber also provides uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) bodily injury protection, MedPay for drivers and riders, and contingent comprehensive and collision insurance for a driver’s vehicle damages.
- Third-party liability. If fault for your accident rests with a third-party motorist and not a rideshare driver, we can seek compensation with a claim against their auto liability insurance. According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT), drivers must have a minimum of $15,000 for injury or death of one person in an accident, $30,000 per accident for injury or death of more than one person in an accident, and $5,000 for damage to another person’s property.
Our Johnstown, PA, personal injury lawyers will identify liable parties and prepare and file insurance claims. We can file multiple claims if more than one party bears fault. If we cannot secure full and fair compensation through a settlement, our team will prepare your case for court and pursue a civil lawsuit.
Is There a Time Limit for Filing a Rideshare Case?
Investigating your crash, building a case, and working through negotiations can take time. Therefore, it is a good idea to start on your case as soon as possible after an Uber accident. Acting quickly can also help us collect evidence.
Our lawyers will do everything possible to secure a favorable settlement for you. If we cannot settle your case with the insurance company, we can file your lawsuit before Pennsylvania’s statute of limitations for personal injury expires. You generally have two years from a rideshare collision’s date to take legal action, according to Pa. C.S.A. § 5524(2).
For a free legal consultation with a Uber Accident lawyer serving Johnstown, call 412-661-1400
Recoverable Compensation for an Uber Rideshare Accident in Johnstown
Our Uber accident lawyers serving Johnstown can identify your compensable car accident damages using bills, receipts, invoices, and pay stubs proving your economic losses. We can also provide medical information and testimony regarding your condition and prognosis to establish your right to non-economic damages for pain and suffering.
In general, we can pursue compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses, including current and future accident-related treatments
- Lost income, earnings, and benefits, including lost future earning capacity if you have a permanent or disabling injury that interferes with your ability to work
- Personal property damages, including vehicle repair or replacement costs if your car was in the crash
- Household services
- Pain and suffering, including physical pain, mental and emotional distress, loss of enjoyment, and lost quality of life
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Johnstown Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Proving Uber Accident Liability
To win your Uber accident case, our attorneys must prove the other party’s reckless, careless, or wrongful actions caused the Johnstown crash. Negligent behaviors that could cause an auto accident include:
- Making improper turns or lane changes
- Disobeying traffic lights and signs
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Following another vehicle too closely
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving (“road rage”)
To build your case, our firm will put its 40-plus years of experience and knowledge behind collecting evidence, applying it under the law, and constructing a convincing narrative to show another party caused your injuries and owes you damages. We can:
- Obtain a copy of the police report
- Locate and speak with eyewitnesses
- Visit the crash scene to record and collect physical evidence
- Photograph your injuries and vehicle damages if your car was in the collision
- Track down available dashcam or video footage of the accident
- Hire and consult with experts if needed
Why Choose Berger and Green’s Uber Accident Lawyers?
Berger and Green earned its reputation of excellence and success. Founding partner Laurence B. Green is one of two personal injury attorneys at our firm who have earned a spot in The Million Dollar Advocates Forum. This prestigious organization is open only to lawyers who have achieved settlements or verdicts of a million dollars or more for clients.
However, what truly sets us apart is our commitment to service. You will never have to worry about case details when you work with us. We handle every aspect of your insurance claim or lawsuit so you can focus on your health and family. Along the way, we provide frequent and timely updates and prepare you for every stage (including a trial if necessary).
Above all, we will always advocate for you. We will not allow insurers or opposing parties to intimidate or pressure you or get away with paying less than they owe.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Berger and Green for Help After a Johnstown Uber Accident
Contact Berger and Green for a free Uber accident case evaluation. Our rideshare attorneys serving Johnstown, PA, can represent you on contingency, meaning we charge no upfront or out-of-pocket attorney’s fees. Connect with a lawyer near you today.