If you were injured or lost a loved one in an accident, you may be wondering about how to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. You may be entitled to compensation for the damages you suffered, but you will need to act quickly to preserve your rights. A Franklin Park, PA personal injury lawyer from Berger and Green can help explain your legal options and how we can help.
Some of our practice areas include:
- Car accidents
- Slip and falls
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death claims
To get started, call Berger and Green at (412) 661-1400.
We Help Car Accident Claimants
There were 1,190 fatal car accidents in 2018, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. If you suffered losses from a collision, your lawyer can help you fight for compensation. We can use the evidence in your case to assign liability and pursue the cost of your accident-related expenses.
Some of the contributing factors in your accident could include:
- Distracted driving
- Improper turns
- Proceeding without proper clearance
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
- Careless or illegal passing
- Drowsy driving
After your lawyer determines how your accident occurred, they can pursue compensation from the at-fault party. Whether your case is settled in or out of court will rest on the path your case takes.
We Represent Claimants in Slip and Fall Accidents
In Pennsylvania, property owners must maintain their properties in a safe manner to avoid harm to visitors. The legal responsibility of the property owner depends on whether the visitor is a customer or a social guest. When it comes to trespassers, liability for an accident can be limited.
A property owner can be held liable for the damages a visitor sustains if they:
- Knew or reasonably should have known about a hazard on their property
- Should have expected visitors not to be aware of the danger
- Failed to exercise reasonable care to protect visitors from the danger
Liability in a slip and fall accident depends on where you were injured. For example, if you were injured while visiting a chain grocery store, you could pursue the greater corporation for damages. However, if you were injured while visiting a government property, a government department or municipality can be responsible.
We Advocate for Those Injured in Workplace Accidents
In Pennsylvania, most employers are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance to protect their employees, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry (DLI).
Employees may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits if they are injured in accidents involving:
- Refinery or gas explosions
- Construction accidents
- Refinery accidents
- Work-related car accidents
- Defective equipment or machinery
- Toxic exposure
- Steel mills
- Coal mining
If you are injured while on the job, you cannot sue your employer. However, if you were injured by a third party, you could take that route of pursuing compensation. For example, let’s say that while working on the job, you were injured by a defective power tool. In that situation, you would have the basis of a product liability claim against the maker of that product. You may be able to recover workers’ compensation and pursue additional funds from another party.
Your Franklin Park, PA personal injury lawyer can review the details of your case and explain your legal options. Call Berger and Green today at (412) 661-1400.
We Help People File Medical Malpractice Claims
When you undergo treatment, you expect your doctor to promote your health and wellbeing. However, this does not always happen. If you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice, you could include multiple parties in your claim. This could include your doctor, their attending staff, a pharmacist, or the greater facility where you received care.
Some examples of medical malpractice include:
- Failing to diagnose a condition
- Failing to consult a patient’s medical history
- Breaching patient/doctor confidentiality
- Prescribing the wrong medication
- Using excessive force in a medical procedure
- Leaving a foreign object inside the body
- Failing to act appropriately in an emergency situation
Your Franklin Park, PA personal injury attorney will need to prove that the at-fault party’s treatment did not meet the standard of care.
We Help Claimants with Wrongful Death Claims
If you lost a loved one due to the negligent, reckless, or intentional actions of another party, you may be able to pursue compensation under Pennsylvania’s Consolidated Statutes, Title 42, Chapter 83.
Recoverable losses in a wrongful death claim could include:
- Funeral, burial, and memorial expenses
- The decedent’s end-of-life medical bills
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of household assistance and parental guidance
- Loss of income
You may be able to pursue the cost of damages that we have not listed here.
How a Franklin Park Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You
If you were injured in one of the accidents discussed above or another incident, it is important that you understand your legal rights and options.
A personal injury lawyer from Berger and Green can assist you with all aspects of your claim, including:
- Investigating your accident and determining its cause
- Identifying all liable parties
- Handling communications with the insurance company
- Gathering documentation to establish liability and your injuries
- Estimating the cost of your economic and non-economic damages
- Negotiating for a fair outcome on your behalf
- Bring your case to court, if necessary
If you would like to discuss your claim, we encourage you to reach out to our team today. We offer a free initial consultation and do not charge any attorney fees unless we are able to recover compensation on your behalf. To get started, call (412) 661-1400.