Get Compensation With Waynesburg Personal Injury Attorneys
If you were injured in an accident caused by another person’s careless behavior, a Waynesburg personal injury lawyer may be able to help you fight for compensation. Call the office of Berger and Green at (412) 661-1400 to learn more. We can evaluate your case at no cost and no obligation.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Waynesburg, call 412-661-1400
How Personal Injuries Happen
As you go about your business, you have to rely on the kindness and common sense of many people, including:
- Property owners and managers
- Product manufacturers
- Your employer
- Your fellow employees
- Your doctor and their staff
Most of the time, you get through the day just fine. But it only takes one mistake or one act of carelessness—a driver speeding through a red light, for example, or a property owner who does not shovel their sidewalk promptly—to turn your life upside-down.
Such accidents may not be common, but they do happen regularly. For instance, while drunk driving incidents have decreased in Pennsylvania in recent years, the number of people caught driving under the influence of drugs is on the rise, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT). Drugs can affect a driver’s judgment, increasing the risk that they will hit someone and cause lasting damage.
If you or a loved one were injured in an accident, you are not alone, and you may be entitled to compensation.
Waynesburg Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Getting Compensation for Your Accident
Your injury may have left you with a lot of extra bills to pay. If your injury is serious enough to force you to take sick leave, paying those bills is even harder. Fortunately, you have the option of suing for compensation to help keep you afloat financially.
This section will provide a surface-level overview of compensatory damages. For more detailed information and to learn how these damages could apply to you, call Berger and Green at (412) 661-1400. We can help you figure out all aspects of your case: who to sue, how to sue, and how much to sue for. We serve Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and the surrounding area.
The worst part of any accident is the physical and emotional repercussions. The legal term for such injuries is “noneconomic damages.” They may include things like:
- Pain and suffering: your injuries were physically painful, or your mental health was negatively impacted by the accident or your injuries.
- Reduced quality of life: you can no longer live the way you want to. This can mean having to sacrifice favorite activities or, in extreme cases, needing assistance with everyday tasks.
- Disfigurement: you have permanent physical scars from your injuries.
- Loss of companionship: in wrongful death lawsuits, you have lost your loved one and the benefits of their presence, including support, guidance, and affection.
Injuries can be expensive. If you found yourself with lots of additional bills to pay after your accident, you may qualify for economic damages. Examples of economic damages include:
- Medical bills: your injury required professional medical treatment, such as prescription drugs, doctor’s visits, physical therapy, and home nursing.
- Repair bills: you suffered some form of property damage (e.g., a totaled car) as a direct result of the accident.
- Lost income: you had to stay home from work, so you were unable to make money.
- Reduced earning capacity: your career has been permanently derailed. You will never be able to earn as much as you did prior to the accident.
Getting Help from a Waynesburg Personal Injury Lawyer
You generally have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit, according to Title 42 §5524. So, even if you are still unsure about whether you want to sue, it is a good idea to consult a lawyer as soon as possible. That way, you can find out what your options are and what compensation you can sue for.
Berger and Green may be able to assist you during every step of your lawsuit by:
- Assessing your case: during your free case review, we will tell you what your legal options are.
- Filing all of the paperwork: lawsuits involve a lot of paperwork. Your lawyer can submit all paperwork on your behalf so you do not have to worry about using the wrong form, making a mistake, or missing a deadline.
- Handling negotiations: the liable party’s insurance company may try to undervalue your claim to avoid paying what they feel is too much. A lawyer can help you convince them to pay up by gathering and presenting evidence, and by arguing on your behalf.
- Fighting as long as it takes: some cases end in a pretrial settlement. Others last longer and require going to trial. No matter how long your case lasts or how tough things get, Berger and Green will be there for you.
- Updating and advising you: we will keep in regular contact with you, and you are more than welcome to call us at any time to ask questions.
Whether you have already started your lawsuit or are only thinking about filing one, securing legal representation may take a load off your mind. You will not have to take a crash course in law or face the insurance company alone. And you will not have to worry about payment, either: Berger and Green charges nothing upfront. Instead, we take our fee out of whatever compensation you win. If you do not win anything, you do not pay anything.
At Berger and Green, we know how difficult it is to get back on your feet after an injury. A Waynesburg personal injury lawyer could make your recovery easier by shouldering your legal responsibilities and fighting for compensation on your behalf. Call us at (412) 661-1400 so we can get started.