Pittsburgh Personal Injury Lawyers Here To Fight for You
If someone’s negligent behavior caused you harm, you can fight back and hold the responsible party liable for your injuries. A Pittsburgh personal injury lawyer with Berger and Green is ready to help you fight for justice and the compensation that can help you and your family.
You can learn more about us and our services during a free and confidential consultation. We want to discuss the details of your case with you and share how we can help.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Pittsburgh, call 412-661-1400
Damages You Could Win in Your Personal Injury Case
Personal injuries often affect victims in various ways, leaving them to deal with losses that affect them physically, emotionally, and financially.
A lawyer from Berger and Green’s personal injury legal team who handles cases from the Pittsburgh area can help you seek compensation for your monetary damages (economic damages) and non-monetary (non-economic) damages.
The amounts awarded for damages vary according to the individual circumstances of the accident and the extent of your injuries. We can examine the specifics of your case and give you an estimate of what your settlement might be during your free consultation.
Economic damages are expenses that can be objectively calculated and proven with documentation. If your injuries require emergency and/or ongoing care, you likely have these damages. These may include:
- Medical expenses, including therapy, equipment, and rehabilitation costs
- Lost income from being unable to work
- Property damage
- Reduced earning capacity if you cannot return to work
Because non-economic damages do not have a specific monetary value, they can be challenging to prove. Your attorney can help you place a value on these losses.
Non-economic damages may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Embarrassment and humiliation
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of a marital relationship (consortium)
- Wrongful death damages
If your loved one died from accident-related injuries, we can help you pursue a wrongful death action. If you win your case, you could recover compensation for:
- Medical expenses (including final medical bills)
- Nursing care costs
- Funeral, burial expenses
- Other accident-related expenses
- Loss of inheritance
- Loss of consortium
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
- Lost wages if you missed work to help them
You deserve to grieve your loved one in peace. We can handle your wrongful death case so you can honor their memory with your family.
Pittsburgh Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
How A Berger and Green Pittsburgh Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You
Thousands of clients throughout Pennsylvania have turned to Berger and Green to handle their personal injury cases for more than 40 years. We take our clients’ concerns and well-being seriously and remain committed to representing them as they work to put their lives back together.
We know your focus is on healing from your injuries and that pursuing an injury case can feel like another stressful task. This is where we can help.
Let us take the burden off your shoulders by handling your case. We can address all the legal hurdles that may be keeping you from getting a fair settlement.
Personal Injury Cases are Complex
Recovering from injuries after an accident is challenging. To add to those challenges, injured victims must deal with complicated Pennsylvania personal injury laws and insurance companies that may try to get them to accept less than they deserve. Securing legal representation can help you ensure your case is handled properly and that your rights are protected.
We can put our experience to work for you as we manage your case from start to finish.
Our Legal Services
When we take your case and you become our client, we will:
- Investigate your accident, reviewing key documents, including witness statements
- Collect and review evidence to build the strongest possible case
- Identify who is liable for causing your injuries and/or accident
- Calculate all of your damages to give your case a value
- Communicate with all parties involved in your case, including legal representatives and insurers for the opposing party
- Handle all negotiations for a fair settlement that meets your needs
- Prepare and file a lawsuit within Pennsylvania’s statute of limitations if we don’t settle on your behalf
- Meet all applicable deadlines in your case and take care of all legal paperwork
- Explain your legal rights and options clearly
- Keep you updated on all developments in your case
We understand that each case requires personalized attention. We do not apply a one-size-fits-all approach to our cases; we can tailor a legal strategy to suit your unique situation. We can also keep you updated on your case’s progress and answer any questions that arise.
Personal Injury Cases in Pennsylvania Have a Deadline
If you are considering pursuing legal action for your injuries, keep in mind that there is a deadline for filing these cases.
Pennsylvania allows two years from the date of an injury or the date of a person’s death to file a lawsuit in the state’s civil court system, per PA C.S.A. §5524. You must file a lawsuit before the statute of limitations runs out, or the court will dismiss your case.
Per PA C.S.A. §5522, if your claim is against a city, county, or state government agency, you must serve a notice of intent to sue within six months. We recommend you start your case as soon as possible. We can answer your questions during a free consultation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Handle Various Kinds of Personal Injury Cases
Our attorneys help with a wide range of personal injury cases that occur due to someone else’s negligence. Among the most common are:
- Motor vehicle accidents (including cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, and injuries to pedestrians)
- Slip and fall injuries
- Defective products (product liability)
- Medical malpractice
- Dog bites
- Sexual abuse
- Workplace injuries
Regardless of how you were injured, our personal injury attorneys serving Pittsburgh understand what you are going through and will provide the legal assistance you need. We can review the details of your situation and advise you further during a free consultation.
Our Client Reviews Speak Volumes
Our client reviews can give you a better idea of what sets our firm apart. Take a look at what some of our previous clients have to say about working with us:
- I was referred to Berger and Green from my primary legal team to attempt to sort something out from a previous accident I was involved in. The statute was vastly approaching and although it was an uphill battle to get anywhere, the team at Berger and Green did everything they possibly could for me. They were attentive, professional, and caring. They walked me through everything and were honest from the gate. I would highly recommend their service to anyone in need of legal representation regarding personal injury. Their honesty about the process was what stuck out to me the most.
- “I couldn’t have done this alone. I was mentally, physically unable to deal with all this. They here at Berger and Green removed all the stress, all the anxiety off of my shoulders and the burden. Taking the paperwork, taking my copays and addressing everything.” -previous personal injury client
Now, we want to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
You May Be Asking, “Should I Hire a Pittsburgh Personal Injury Lawyer?”
Hiring an attorney to represent your interests in your personal injury case can save you time. It also ensures your legal matters are being handled while you focus on your family and other areas of your life that need your attention.
Plus, as many injured victims learn, the personal injury claims process is complicated. It can be overwhelming to face a challenging case without sufficient legal knowledge. We can navigate the injury claims or legal process for you.
We Make Our Legal Services Affordable
Our firm believes that every victim should have access to comprehensive legal services. If you are worried about how much it costs to hire a lawyer, we can put your mind at ease.
We take personal injury cases on a contingency-fee basis. We do not charge upfront fees to start working, and we only take our payment from a settlement we win on your behalf.
We can get started on your case immediately after your free, no-obligation consultation. During this consultation, you can discuss your case and learn about your legal options. We can also explain how our lawyers can help in more detail.
Dealing with Insurance Companies: What You Need to Know
The Pittsburgh personal injury lawyers at Berger and Green have been defending Pennsylvania residents against insurers’ tactics for many years. We will ensure you do not say anything that could jeopardize your case. If it would make you more comfortable, we will handle all communications with the insurer or legal team.
This means you can sit back and recover while we fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Leave the stress and hassle to someone trained to handle it.
Don’t Accept a Low Settlement Offer
If your claim involves dealing with an insurance company, be aware that insurance companies are out for profit and will likely try to get you to settle for less. They may make you a lowball offer. They may also pressure you into signing a release that keeps you from getting anything additional should your injuries worsen and you wind up needing more care.
Our attorneys know how to deal with insurance company adjusters and their lawyers. We will have a good idea of what your case is worth and can effectively negotiate for a higher settlement. We can also take your case to court if an agreement is not made.
Make Sure You Seek Medical Attention
One of the ways insurers can work to undervalue or deny your claim involves your medical treatment. If you choose not to see a doctor or follow through with a treatment plan, they may argue you contributed to your condition.
See a doctor immediately after your accident. This will protect both your health and your right to compensation. Even if you do not believe your injuries are severe, play it safe. Some conditions come with delayed symptoms, and you do not want to worsen your injuries.
Do not skip your appointments or give an insurer any reason to deny your claim. Keep copies of your medical documents and receipts. They can help link your injuries to your accident and demonstrate the extent of your losses.
Call Berger and Green for Help with Your Pittsburgh Personal Injury Case
No matter what your injury or its cause, a Pittsburgh personal injury lawyer with Berger and Green can manage all legal aspects of your Pittsburgh-area case. We work on a contingency agreement basis, so you pay nothing unless and until we win a settlement for you.
Call Berger and Green today at (412) 661-1400 for your free, no-obligation consultation. We are ready to start working for you.