If you suffered injuries because of someone else’s carelessness, you might be eligible to pursue monetary damages for your injuries and other losses. A Clairton, PA personal injury lawyer could help you hold the negligent party (or parties) responsible. Some types of compensable damages include medical expenses, lost wages, disfigurement, and pain and suffering.
You do not have to go through the process of filing an insurance claim or lawsuit on your own.
At Berger and Green, we help injured people go after the compensation to which they are entitled. We offer a free initial consultation. We encourage you to call us at (412) 661-1400 to get started.
The Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our legal team is dedicated to serving the residents of the Clairton community and the surrounding area. It is not possible to list every kind of personal injury case we handle here.
Here are some examples of our personal injury practice areas:
- Motor vehicle accidents. This category of accidents can include cars, tractor-trailers, motorcycles, tow trucks, garbage trucks, Uber and Lyft accidents, and taxicab accidents. Depending on the facts of your case, we may be able to hold a negligent motorist liable for your losses.
- Bicycle accidents. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2018, over 850 bicyclists were killed in collisions nationwide. While the other party in a bicycle accident is often another road user, depending on the facts of your situation, we might be able to take action against a state or local department if inadequate lighting, defective road design, or other conditions increased the risk of an accident.
- Dog bites. Dog bites can cause disfigurement, loss of function and mobility, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). We can review the facts of your case to determine who can be held responsible for your injuries.
- Carbon monoxide. Exposure to carbon monoxide can cause brain damage or death. People can be exposed to carbon monoxide because of a negligent individual or company, a defective product, or dangerous workplace environment.
- Product liability. Defective products can injure people because of poor design, manufacturing defects, insufficient instructions, or failure to warn of known risks. For your case to be successful, your Clairton personal injury lawyer would need to prove that you did not modify it in any way and were using the product as instructed when you were injured.
- Slip and fall accidents. If you slipped and fell on another party’s property, suffering injuries, you might have a case for compensation. You would need to prove that the property owner knew (or should have known) about the hazard. A compensable injury could take place at someone’s house, an apartment complex, businesses like grocery stores or restaurants, or public areas like parks.
- Medical malpractice. If a patient was hurt because of substandard medical care, a health care provider could be liable. Potentially liable parties could include doctors, other medical professionals, hospitals, and other types of healthcare facilities.
- Wrongful death. If a close loved one died because of the negligence or intentional wrongful act of another party, we might be able to pursue compensation for various beneficiaries.
If you got hurt in one of these situations because of another party’s negligence, a Clairton personal injury lawyer can help you seek compensation. If you do not see your situation on this list, please call us to find out if we can help you. You can reach out to Berger and Green at (412) 661-1400.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Clairton, call (412) 661-1400
What We Have to Prove to Recover Compensation on Your Behalf
To recover damages, your lawyer will need to prove that your accident and injuries were ultimately caused by negligence.
In these cases, we must prove that:
- The liable party had a legal obligation to not cause harm to others. The legal obligation will depend on the situation. For example, drivers have a legal obligation to keep other road users from undue harm. Property owners have an obligation to keep their property safe from hazards.
- The liable party violated this obligation by behaving negligently. Examples of negligence might include texting and driving, failing to maintain safe premises, misdiagnosing a patient, and failing to restrain a dog.
- Because of their actions, the liable party caused you to be injured.
- As a result of the liable party’s actions, you have suffered damages.
After we prove all of these elements, we can get started pursuing compensation for your losses. According to 42 Pa. CSA § 5524, you have a limited time to file a lawsuit for compensation. In most cases, you generally have two years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you miss the deadline, you can lose the right to go after monetary damages.
Clairton Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (412) 661-1400
Recoverable Damages in Clairton Personal Injury Claims
The amount of recoverable damages in a personal injury case varies from one instance to the next. The compensation you can pursue will depend on the unique facts of your situation.
Some types of compensable losses could include:
- Medical bills to treat your injuries
- Lost wages to compensate you for the time you missed from work without pay
- Pain and suffering for your physical discomfort and emotional distress
- Other noneconomic losses, like loss of enjoyment of life, disfigurement, and PTSD
These are but a few examples of the types of compensable losses you might have in your personal injury claim. A Clairton personal injury lawyer can help you pursue financial recovery.
Getting Help for Your Clairton Personal Injury Case
At Berger and Green, we help people who get injured because of the carelessness of others. We handle personal injury cases on a contingency-fee-basis, which means that you do not have to pay upfront legal fees to get our help. We get paid out of the insurance settlement or court award we get for you.
You can call us today at (412) 661-1400 to see how we can help you.