Were you injured in DuBois? Do you believe that another party was responsible? A personal injury claim or lawsuit could compensate you for your injuries. Our firm’s DuBois personal injury lawyer can evaluate your case for free. You do not have to manage your case alone. At Berger and Green, we are prepared to fight for your compensation.
How Much Will I Receive with a Personal Injury Claim?
As a personal injury victim, you may qualify for the following damages:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Reduced quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death damages
These damages vary from case to case. However, we can provide you with an estimated value of your case. This way, you will be prepared for the settlement negotiations process.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving DuBois, call 412-661-1400
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me?
Personal injury law is complex. It covers everything from car accidents to dog bites. This variability means it takes considerable legal know-how to work as a personal injury lawyer.
We have represented personal injury clients for 40 years. We know that you might be struggling. Recovering from a serious injury is tough, as is dealing with insurance companies and lawsuits. That is where you could benefit from working with our team. You put your energy towards getting better, and we will deal with your case with the following legal services:
Building Your Personal Injury Case
Every legal case starts and ends with evidence. Without clear evidence, proving that another party was responsible for your injuries can be challenging. Given the variability in personal injury cases, there is no group of evidence types that apply to every case. However, these are the common types of evidence that we may collect while we build your case:
- Traffic camera footage if you were involved in a car accident
- Your medical records, which can be used to show the extent of your injuries
- Statements from relevant witnesses
- Input relevant experts
- Images from the scene of the accident
According to the Oxford English Dictionary, liability is “the state of being responsible for something, especially by law.” Therefore, whoever is liable for your personal injuries is responsible for providing you with compensation. Therefore, you must identify the liable party if you hope to receive compensation.
We can handle this aspect of your case. With the relevant evidence in hand, we work towards proving that:
- The liable party owed you a duty of care
- They did not uphold this duty of care
- Their negligent behavior caused your accident
- You suffered damages as a result
Pursuing Fair Compensation
Typically, there are three ways to pursue compensation in a personal injury case:
- An insurance claim: In Dubois, Pennsylvania, drivers are required to carry liability insurance. This type of insurance kicks in when a driver injures another person or party. To access it, you must communicate with the insurer of the person or group who hurt you. Businesses and other organizations often carry liability insurance, too.
- A lawsuit: Some cases cannot be settled without a suit. During a lawsuit, you might need to appear in civil court. Our team can prepare you for this process.
- An out-of-court settlement: Just because you have filed a lawsuit does not always mean you must go to court. Many cases are settled before they reach civil trial through mediation or another form of negotiation. This approach is often beneficial for everyone involved, as it is less time-consuming and expensive.
We can help you understand your legal options. Then, we can discuss which approach makes the most sense for your case. Regardless of the course we decide on; we always have one goal – fighting for your compensation. We are not afraid to go to court on your behalf if needed.
DuBois Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Testimonials From Our Personal Injury Clients
Our clients are at the heart of everything we do, meaning their testimonials tell an important part of our story. This is what some of our previous clients have said about working with our law firm:
- “I couldn’t have done this alone. I was mentally, physically unable to deal with all this. They here at Berger and Green removed all the stress, all the anxiety off of my shoulders and the burden. Taking the paperwork, taking my copays and addressing everything.”
- “I was very prepared by the law firm, Bill talked me though all of the things that were going to occur, the events that would be happening during the court hearing. It was just exactly how he had said it was going to be. I would absolutely refer Berger and Green. They worked very hard for me and my family.”
Can I Afford a Personal Injury Attorney?
Getting seriously injured is not cheap. You might be dealing with large medical bills. Similarly, debilitating injuries can prevent victims from working, making matters worse.
We understand that you might be faced with financial troubles. Our commitment, though, is to ensure we never worsen these concerns. We provide our services on a contingency-fee basis. This means that you do not need to pay anything up front, and we only receive payment if we win your case. We will provide you with a free consultation, too. Financial troubles should not prevent you from working with a DuBois personal injury attorney.
Click to contact our Pittsburgh Personal Injury Lawyers today
Types of Cases Our Personal Injury Law Firm Handles
We have supported clients through a variety of personal injury case types, including:
- Bicycle accidents
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Boat accidents
- Work injuries
- Product liability
This is only a slice of the past cases we have worked on. If you believe you have a claim, our lawyers can determine your eligibility.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Time is Limited to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Pennsylvania
The personal injury statute of limitations constrains lawsuits in Pennsylvania. This law imposes a standard two-year deadline, per Pa. C.S.A. § 5524. If you miss it, you may be unable to file a lawsuit. This deadline is the same for cases involving wrongful death.
Our legal team can ensure that you submit relevant documentation on time. We suggest you start on your case as soon as possible to stay on top of your deadlines.
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney Serving DuBois for Help Today
The DuBois personal injury lawyers from Berger and Green are here to represent those in need. We care for the residents and want to help you as you recover. Contact our offices for a free case evaluation today.
Call or text 412-661-1400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form