If you or a family member was out for a simple walk that ended in a trip to the hospital due to someone else’s negligence, you may be eligible for compensation for medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and more.
A lawyer from Berger and Green who handles pedestrian accident cases in DuBois, PA, can investigate your case, determine who is liable, and hold them to account in a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
How a Lawyer From Our Firm Can Help in Your Pedestrian Accident Case
When you choose to have a lawyer from Berger and Green represent you in your pedestrian accident case, you no longer have to worry about navigating the complex legal process on your own.
A personal injury attorney from our firm will do the following for you:
- Investigate your case – We will review the facts of your case to determine if you have a valid claim.
- Collect evidence – We will obtain your medical records, eyewitness statements, the accident report, and any surveillance video or pictures from the scene of the accident.
- Determine liability – Based on the facts of your case, we will determine the liable party or parties and hold them to account in an injury claim or lawsuit.
- Handle all communications – Our team will take care of all communications with the at-fault party and their insurance company. It is in your best interest not to speak with the insurance adjuster directly, as they can hold what you say against you.
- Place a value on your damages – Our team will assess all your losses and determine a value for your claim. We want to ensure you receive the compensation you will need to move forward following your accident-related injuries.
- Keep you updated on your case – We are here for you if you have questions about your case. Our team will keep you updated on any new developments as your case progresses.
Do Not Delay in Bringing Action Against the At-Fault Party
Of course, we cannot get to work on your personal injury case until you contact us. The sooner you do, the sooner we can begin the process of getting you fully compensated.
Keep in mind, Pennsylvania has a limit on the time you have to file a lawsuit in civil court. According to Pa. C.S.A. § 5524, you have two years from the date you were injured to file. If you miss this deadline, the judge can dismiss your case and your chances to seek the compensation you deserve.
A lawyer from Berger and Green who handles pedestrian accident cases in DuBois and the surrounding areas can ensure any paperwork is filed on time in the proper court.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accident lawyer serving DuBois, call 412-661-1400
Proving Fault in Your Pedestrian Accident Case
There are four elements of negligence our attorney must meet to prove your claim and seek a fair settlement on your behalf. They are the following:
- Duty of care – The at-fault party had a duty of care to act in a reasonable manner to keep you and others from harm.
- Breach of duty – The at-fault party breached that duty by acting in a negligent or reckless manner that put you in harm’s way.
- Causation – This failure to uphold the duty of care caused your accident and related injuries.
- Damages – You sustained damages as a result of the accident and your related injuries.
DuBois Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Recoverable Damages in Your Pedestrian Accident Case in DuBois
If you suffered injuries in a pedestrian accident that was not your fault, you may be entitled to damages. There are two types of damages you may receive via your claim: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are based on your monetary losses due to the accident and resulting injuries. They include:
- Past and future medical bills – (E.g., ambulance transport, hospitalization, X-rays, MRIs, procedures, physical therapy, rehabilitation, assistive medical devices, etc.)
- Medica Liens – (E.g., Medicare, Medicaid or private health insurance right of reimbursement for accident related payments)
- Lost income and future earning capacity – (E.g., days missed from work due to doctor’s appointments or bonuses and promotions you did not receive due to your inability to work from your accident-related injuries.)
- Property damage – (E.g., property that was damaged or destroyed due to the accident.)
Non-economic damages are based on the emotional toll the pedestrian accident has taken on you. They include:
- Mental anguish – E.g., the trauma from the accident is causing you anxiety, depression, or insomnia which requires psychological counseling.)
- Pain and suffering – (E.g., perhaps you are experiencing chronic pain that prevents you from performing your daily activities, such as work or taking your children to school.)
- Disability or disfigurement – (E.g., the accident has caused permanent disability or altered your appearance.)
- Loss of consortium – (E.g., If you lost a spouse or loved one in the pedestrian accident.)
If you lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident in DuBois, PA, we offer our deepest condolences. You may be eligible to recover expenses for burial and funeral costs and more in a wrongful death case. A pedestrian accident lawyer from our firm can determine if your case in DuBois applies.
Call Berger and Green for a Free Case Review Today
If you were injured in a pedestrian accident, we want to handle your case from start to finish. Our founding partner has more than 40 years of experience handling personal injury cases. We can help you seek the compensation you need and deserve.
Call (412) 661-1400 to discuss your case with a Berger and Green team member today. The initial call is free, and there is no risk or obligation. Since we work on contingency, we charge no advancements on our pay. We get paid only if you do.