You should not have to pay for medical bills, vehicle damages, or other expenses resulting from a collision you did not cause. A Clairton car accident lawyer with Berger and Green can help you pursue the compensation you need to get back on your feet.
Our Clairton Car Accident Attorneys Have Experience and Get Results
The personal injury lawyers at Berger and Green have more than 40 years of experience helping Pennsylvania accident victims seek justice. We know what it takes to seek advantageous compensation for your damages, and we will stand by your side through every step of your case. We will:
- File your personal injury protection (PIP) claim
- Pursue a liability claim or lawsuit
- Seek compensation for serious injuries
- Collect evidence to prove an at-fault party owes you damages
- Handle negotiations, case-related communications, paperwork, deadlines, and “red tape”
Our Record Includes Multi-Million Dollar Settlements and Verdicts
Our firm is proud to have several attorneys recognized by the Million Dollar Advocates Forum for securing million-dollar-plus settlements or verdicts for their clients. Among those honored is founding partner Attorney Laurence B. Green.
We focus on getting results, but we also strive to offer clients personalized, compassionate legal representation. We are here to answer your questions, address your concerns, and provide regular case updates.
You do not have to navigate complex insurance claims or lawsuits alone. Let your Clairton car accident attorney take care of your legal issues while you worry about recovering from your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a car accident lawyer serving Clairton, call 412-661-1400
A Clairton Car Accident Lawyer from Berger and Green Will Pursue All Available Damages
Every personal injury case is different, and available damages depend on factors specific to you and your car accident. Our job is to identify and aggressively pursue fair compensation. In general, awards may include:
Identifying your economic damages involves collecting your bills, receipts, and other proof of accident-related expenses. Our team can also work with economists, vocational experts, and healthcare professionals to obtain an estimate regarding future out-of-pocket losses.
Loses that fall under the umbrella of economic damages include:
- Medical bills. Healthcare expenses for car accident injuries can quickly add up, especially if you sustained a severe injury, require follow-up care, or need long-term rehabilitative services. Our Clairton car accident lawyers can help you pursue current and future medical damages, including the cost of hospitalizations, doctor visits, physical therapy and rehabilitation, medications and medical equipment, in-home health care, and life care expenses.
- Lost income. An injury that leaves you out of work for weeks, months, or longer can significantly impact your financial future and ability to provide for your family. Our Clairton car accident lawyers can seek recovery for lost wages, including tips, bonuses, health care benefits, and retirement contributions. In addition, if you suffered an injury that alters your job capabilities or prevents you from returning to work, we can seek compensation for future lost earnings and earning potential.
- Personal property damages. We can seek damages to pay for repairs to your vehicle. If you cannot fix your car, we can ensure you receive a comparable replacement or a sum for its fair market value. We can also seek compensation for other broken or destroyed personal items, including cell phones, electronics, prescription glasses, watches, and jewelry.
- Miscellaneous expenses. We can review your case and determine if you have other expenses that qualify for reimbursements, such as medical travel costs, medically necessary vehicle and home modifications, rental car fees, and help with household services.
Noneconomic damages offer compensation for physical injuries, emotional suffering, and mental anguish. Our lawyers can pursue these awards for intangible losses and quality of life reductions, including:
- Permanent or disabling injuries
- Loss of mobility or paralysis
- Severe or chronic pain
- Reduced cognitive functioning
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Loss of the ability to work, attend school, or engage in activities you once enjoyed
- Adverse changes to interactions with friends and loved ones
How Will Insurance Coverage Affect Your Compensation?
Pennsylvania is a “choice” no-fault insurance state. This means Clairton drivers can choose from two forms of coverage: full tort or limited tort. According to 75 Pa. C.S.A. § 1705, limited tort policyholders cannot pursue noneconomic compensation from an at-fault driver unless they have a “serious injury” as defined in their policy. However, full-tort policyholders have the unrestricted right to seek both economic and noneconomic awards.
Additionally, the Pennsylvania Insurance Department states that all drivers must carry medical benefits, also known as personal injury protection (PIP). This coverage pays for a portion of your medical expenses, regardless of fault for the crash. Motorists must also have bodily injury and property damage liability.
Our car accident lawyers serving Clairton will review your coverage and that of the at-fault driver. We will negotiate to achieve a settlement under the available policies that covers all your losses. Additionally, we will protect you from bad-faith insurance practices and pressure to accept less than you may deserve.
Clairton Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Clairton Car Accident Injuries and Fatalities
According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT), there were 3,782 injury car crashes and 57 fatal collisions in Allegheny County in 2020. If you were hurt or lost a loved one in a fatal crash, our Clairton car accident lawyers can assist with your case.
If necessary, we can help you file a lawsuit before your opportunity to take action expires. According to 42 Pa. C.S.A. § 5524(2), you have up to two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. Failure to meet this deadline could result in a reduced or denied settlement or case dismissal.
Click to contact our Clairton Personal Injury Lawyers today
Contact Berger and Green to Connect With a Clairton Car Accident Lawyer Today
An accident can upend your life, but your legal issues do not have to cause you additional stress or worry. Berger and Green’s team of personal injury attorneys can file your claims or lawsuits, work to prove liability for your accident, calculate your damages, and advocate for you until we resolve your case.
We take injury cases on contingency, which means representation costs you nothing out of pocket. Contact us today to learn more about working with our Clairton car accident lawyers.
Call or text 412-661-1400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form