Pittsburgh Dog Bite Injury Attorneys
If you have been seriously injured or disfigured by a dog bite, the personal injury attorneys at Berger and Green can help you go after the compensation you deserve for your injuries. While dogs may be widely regarded as man’s best friend, they also have the potential to severely harm an individual. Each year, dogs attack approximately five million people in the United States and the majority of these victims are children. Dog bites are the second most frequent reason for emergency room visits; thousands of victims experience injuries severe enough to require medical attention.
If a dog has bitten you or a loved one, you should contact a Personal Injury attorney at Berger and Green as soon as possible to determine your legal rights. Dog bites can cause serious physical problems or disfigurement and can also be emotionally traumatizing for the victim. A significant number of dog bites involve the family dog or a dog with whom the victim is familiar. These claims may be covered by insurance so even in these circumstances victims should not hesitate to take legal action because dog bites can be severe enough to affect them physically and emotionally for the rest of their lives.
For a free legal consultation with a dog bites and animal attacks lawyer serving Pittsburgh, call 412-661-1400
What to do if a dog bites you in Pittsburgh?
- Take care of yourself or your loved one–seek medical attention immediately.
- Be sure that you can identify the dog involved in the attack.
- Get the name, address and telephone number of the dog’s owner.
- If possible, get the homeowners’ insurance and dog license information from the dog’s owner.
- Get the names, addresses and telephone numbers of any and all witnesses.
- Take photos of all injuries sustained in the attack.
- Consult Berger and Green immediately before signing anything, speaking with any insurance companies or accepting any money.
For 40 years, the attorneys at Berger and Green have successfully represented dog bite victims, and we will fight to win the maximum settlement for your injuries from insurance companies who may try to convince you to settle for the lowest possible amount.
The Personal Injury attorneys at Berger and Green accept dog bite cases on a contingent-fee basis, which means that you will not pay us any money if we do not win your case. Bitten by a dog and unsure whether you have a claim? Contact one of our Pennsylvania dog bite lawyers at our Pittsburgh office at (412) 661-1400 for a FREE EVALUATION. Let Berger and Green help you go after what’s yours. We Fix Broken Lives!