Personal injury is a broad category of law covering everything from car accidents to medical malpractice. These accidents share one key commonality, they all involve injuries caused by someone else’s negligence. This can make these cases uniquely frustrating – no one likes dealing with the consequences of another party’s failure.
If you were injured in Hermitage, Pennsylvania, you could qualify for compensation. A Hermitage, PA personal injury lawyer could pursue a settlement on your behalf. In addition, our lawyers at Berger and Green can evaluate your case during a free consultation.
Do I Need a Lawyer for My Personal Injury Claim?
Personal injury cases often entail serious, debilitating medical conditions, like broken bones or a traumatic brain injury (TBI). The recovery process for these conditions can be both expensive and time-consuming. In addition, adding the details of a personal injury case into the mix can feel daunting, leaving victims unsure of how to proceed.
Generally, these are the situations where working with an attorney could prove beneficial:
- You do not have the time or energy to handle your case
- Insurers dispute your claim
- You believe that your settlement offer is too low
- Your case is complicated
- You do not understand the laws that apply to your case
- You lost a loved one and are unsure of how to proceed
The Services We Provide
We understand that you may be faced with a difficult time. Maybe you cannot afford medical treatment or are tired of dealing with aggressive insurers. Regardless of the troubles you face, we can help. These are the services we offer to clients:
- Use evidence to identify the party that caused your injuries
- Actively defend your rights
- Negotiate with insurers and other relevant parties
- Take your case to court, if needed
- Ensure that you meet applicable deadlines
- Handle all communications with your case
- Ensure you understand your case and rights
- Provide you with consistent updates
- Answer your legal questions
When you hire a personal injury attorney, you are not just getting someone who will pursue compensation on your behalf. Instead, you get a legal guide, an advisor, and a representative. Ultimately, these services are designed to give you peace of mind.
If your case feels like a whirlwind, our goal is to calm it down – we believe that you deserve time to recover from your injuries. So you focus on your recovery; we will deal with the rest.
Can I Afford to Hire an Attorney?
According to the National Safety Council, the U.S spends roughly $1.5 billion on unintentional injuries every year – getting injured is not cheap, a fact we intimately understand. Financial concerns should never dissuade you from working with a lawyer.
Here is how we ensure that we can provide our services to those in need:
- You do not have to pay us anything upfront
- Our team will evaluate your case free of charge
- You do not need to pay our lawyers unless we win your case
Our clients are at the core of our practice, and their needs dictate our approach to legal matters. This is what some of our previous clients have said about working with us:
- “Working with them, I could say was excellent… I never had to come down to Pittsburgh, with my medical condition it would have been very difficult to make a trip. I live approximately 50 miles away… All along the way I was well-informed.”
- “I couldn’t have done this alone. I was mentally, physically unable to deal with all this. They here at Berger and Green removed all the stress, all the anxiety off of my shoulders and the burden. Taking the paperwork, taking my copays and addressing everything.”
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Hermitage, call 412-661-1400
Compensation in a Personal Injury Case?
Personal injury victims can pursue two types of compensation, economic damages, and non-economic damages. Together, these damages compensate you for your emotional and financial losses.
Economic damages focus on the financial toll of your case, covering:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
Non-economic damages, while more complicated, are equally as important. They can reimburse you for the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Emotional distress
What if I Lost a Loved One?
First, we extend our deepest condolences. We understand what you are going through and are here to act as your legal representative. Pennsylvania law allows victims to pursue these types of wrongful death damages:
- Loss of a close personal relationship
- Funeral expenses
- Burial expenses
- Medical expenses incurred before the passing of your loved one
- Reduced familial earning capacity
How Much Will I Receive?
Personal injury settlements are unique. They are contingent on a range of factors, including:
- The type and severity of your injuries
- The outcome of settlement negotiations
- Whether or not you choose to work with a lawyer
- The outcome of a civil trial, if applicable
- The type of insurance the liable party is carrying
These factors can vary, meaning that there is no “average” amount that personal injury victims receive. However, our legal team can work with you to estimate the value of your case. This estimation could prove beneficial during settlement negotiations. In addition, knowing what your case could be worth will make you less susceptible to unfair compensation offers.
Hermitage Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
There is a Deadline to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania law controls the deadline for Hermitage personal injury cases. You typically have to file a lawsuit two years after your injury, per Pa. C.S.A. § 5524. The same deadline applies if you are pursuing a wrongful death case. Keep in mind that these deadlines may shift depending on the facts of your case.
Many personal cases are indeed settled without lawsuits. However, you should still pay attention to the Pennsylvania statute of limitations. It is best to approach your case with every legal tool available. Similarly, starting early on your case could prove beneficial for these reasons:
- Prevents witnesses from forgetting what they know about your case
- Provides ample time for your lawyer to gather evidence and build your case
- Sends a strong signal to the party that wronged you
Discuss Your Case with a Hermitage Personal Injury Attorney Today
As a personal injury victim, you have the right to legal representation. You deserve a fair chance at pursuing recovery. We can put our 40 years of legal experience at Berger and Green to work for you. We are ready to defend your rights and fight for justice. Contact a Hermitage, PA personal injury lawyer from our offices to get started.