Charles Van Keuren
Attorney Charles Van Keuren graduated from the University of Pittsburgh in 1992 where he earned the distinction of being a University Scholar in the top 2% of his graduating class. He received a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and was a member of the Psi Chi National Psychological Society. Although he enjoyed psychology, he knew that he wanted to be an attorney representing the underdog ever since high school.
After receiving his bachelor’s degree, Mr. Van Keuren went on to earn his Juris Doctorate from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law. During law school, he participated in an externship at Neighborhood Legal Services which provided free legal representation to people in need of a lawyer in landlord-tenant disputes.
After five years of practicing law in the fields of criminal defense, civil rights and family law, Mr. Van Keuren was hired by the Allegheny County Office of the Public Defender. He then spent the next 20 years of his career there, honing his legal and trial skills in the representation of people accused of a crime who could not afford to pay for a lawyer. During that time, he spent 10 years serving as the defense attorney in Allegheny County’s fledgling Mental Health Court, where he provided representation to defendant’s diagnosed with a serious mental illness.
Attorney Van Keuren is a Social Security Disability Attorney at Berger and Green, P.C., where he represents individuals in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia in Social Security Disability (SSD) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) cases. He is licensed to practice in all Pennsylvania State and Federal Courts and in all Social Security Courts throughout the United States.
Mr. Van Keuren views his job as a continuation of what he has done throughout his whole career: fighting for and protecting the rights of people.
Attorney Van Keuren enjoys spending time with his wife and son, as well reading, music, film and modern art.
Areas of Practice
- Social Security Disability (SSD)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, PA
- J.D. – 1995
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- B.A. – 1992
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of the Pennsylvania Bar, 1995
- Licensed to practice in all Pennsylvania State and Federal Courts and in all Social Security Courts throughout the United States.
Past Employment Positions
- Trial Attorney, Allegheny County Office of the Public Defender
- Manger, YWCA Legal Resources for Women
- Attorney, Private Practice