Were you injured in Ellwood City? Do you believe that someone else was responsible? Then, you could qualify for compensation. As an Ellwood City resident, you have the right to legal representation. An Ellwood City personal injury lawyer from Berger and Green can pursue compensation on your behalf.
What is Personal Injury Law?
Personal injury law is a broad legal category. Generally, it focuses on cases involving victims injured by someone else.
For example, imagine a drunk driver struck you. In this case, you would have been injured by the negligence of another party and could qualify for compensation. This is the typical format of personal injury cases. Other examples include:
- Bicycle accidents
- Car accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability
- Dog bites
- Product liability
- Wrongful death
This is only a small slice of cases considered personal injury. If your claim is not listed here, do not worry. Remember, what is important is that you believe that another party caused your injuries. A personal injury attorney from our firm can determine your eligibility during a free consultation.
Common Types of Personal Injuries
The types of injuries victims experience vary, too. Some examples include:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal damage
- Neck damage
- Head trauma
If you believe you were injured in an accident, seek medical attention as soon as possible. This is for two reasons:
- Your injuries may not be apparent immediately – seeing a doctor early can give you a head start on treatment.
- Medical records are an important type of evidence – if you do not see a doctor, it might be difficult to prove that you were injured.
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Ellwood City, call 412-661-1400
Working with Personal Injury Lawyers
Our legal team can provide you with a range of services, including:
- Investigating and building your case
- Negotiating for a fair settlement offer
- Dealing with insurers
- Answering your legal questions
- Keeping you updated on the status of your case
- Ensuring that you meet relevant case deadlines
- Pursuing legal action if needed
- Submitting your personal injury claim
When Should I Hire a Personal Injury Attorney?
Generally, Pennsylvania law does not require you to hire a lawyer during a personal injury case. However, these cases can become complicated. They often involve aggressive insurers and tricky legal maneuvering. To make things more difficult, you might already be juggling injuries and medical expenses.
Situations where it makes sense to hire a lawyer are:
- You do not have the time to deal with your case
- You believe you are not being offered fair compensation
- Your case is complicated
- You need help submitting a claim
- Your injuries are severe
- You lost a loved one
Our goal is to give you peace of mind. We can handle every aspect of your case. This way, you can save energy and spend it where it matters. We are ready to defend your rights and pursue fair compensation. You do not have to face insurers or an opposing legal team alone – an Ellwood City personal injury attorney can have your back.
Are Personal Injury Lawyers Expensive?
Most people pursue personal injury cases because they have significant medical expenses. We recognize that you might already be in a financial pinch. But, as your lawyers, we guarantee that we will not contribute to your financial stress. Here is how:
- We work on a contingency fee basis: Our payment is contingent on our success. This means that you do not pay us anything up front; we only get paid if you receive compensation. So our fee will come as a percentage of your final settlement.
- We can evaluate your case for free: Initial contact with our firm will not cost you a cent. During this meeting, you can determine if we are a good fit, and we will discuss the specifics of your case.
Everything we do is for our clients. Read their reviews about working with us:
- “He met us at the hospital. He was able to take all the steps that we needed to do without having us do the paperwork. I sincerely believe everything happens for a reason and we were led here and it was a great decision for our family.”
- “I couldn’t have done this alone. I was mentally, physically unable to deal with all this. They here at Berger and Green removed all the stress, all the anxiety off of my shoulders and the burden. Taking the paperwork, taking my copays and addressing everything.”
Ellwood City Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Personal Injury Damages
Damages are the most important part of a personal injury case. They describe the types of losses you can receive compensation for, which include:
- Medical expenses
- Reduced earning capacity
- Lost wages
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Lowered quality of life
Some damages not detailed here might also apply to your case and we can explain what you are eligible for.
How Much is My Case Worth?
It is normal to question the value of your case. After all, you may have a laundry list of expenses needed. However, assessing the value of a case is complex – every personal injury scenario is unique. These are the factors that typically impact the value of a case:
- The severity of your injuries
- If your case involves a wrongful death
- If you choose to work with a lawyer
- The outcome of settlement negotiations
We can work with you to estimate the value of your case. This way, you will know what fair compensation looks like. Without a case estimate, it can be challenging to negotiate a settlement.
You Have a Limited Amount of Time to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
There are a few reasons you should consider getting a head start on your case. First, it could give you or your lawyer more time to gather evidence. Second, it ensures that witnesses recall what they know about your accident.
In addition, Ellwood City is subject to Pennsylvania’s personal injury statute of limitations. This law gives you two years to file a personal injury per Pa. C.S.A. § 5524. If you miss it, you may be unable to pursue legal action. Remember that this deadline can shift depending on the case you are filing. Our team can keep you abreast of relevant deadlines.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney Serving Ellwood City to Get Started Today
Our Ellwood City personal injury lawyers are here to represent you. We can discuss your case during a free initial consultation. Contact Berger and Green to get started today. We are just one phone call away.