If you paid into the Social Security insurance program and later became disabled and unable to continue working, you could qualify for Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits. You may also be eligible if you are disabled and have a demonstrated financial need and little or no resources to support yourself or your family.
A Franklin Park Social Security Disability lawyer from our Social Security Disability team at Berger and Green can help you determine which program to apply for. We offer free consultations to help you understand your available options. If you have been denied disability benefits we can help you file your appeal.
Our Team at Berger and Green Can Help With Your Social Security Disability Case in Franklin Park
Acquiring SSD benefits can be complicated and frustrating. When you trust a Franklin Park SSD attorney from our law firm to assist you with your claim, we’ll do all of the following on your behalf:
- File you application
- Review your medical records and evidence
- Determine why the Social Security Administration (SSA) denied your application, if applicable
- Answer any questions you may have
- Meet all necessary deadlines set by the SSA
- File an appeal or request a hearing for you
Filing an application and or appeal can be complicated, and we offer legal guidance and encouragement at each step of the process. Your Franklin Park SSD lawyer can also help you understand how any actions on your part might affect your request for benefits. For example, accepting monetary gifts or missing important filing deadlines may result in the SSA denying your application.
Confirm Your Eligibility to Pursue SSD Benefits
We’ll work closely with you and the Franklin Park, Pennsylvania Social Security field office to prove your eligibility. This includes using information about your disability, financial records, and other qualifying details to establish eligibility.
We can generally prove your identity, citizenship, and income with easy-to-obtain documentation. However, it can be much more difficult to prove:
- The nature of your disability
- The severity of your disability
- Your disability’s impact on your life
- Your inability to maintain employment
The SSA has a listing of impairments it considers disabling. Our legal team will ensure you understand the type of medical evidence your case requires.
How the SSA Measures Your Disability’s Severity
The SSA uses a Residual Functional Capacity (RFC) assessment to determine the severity of your condition. You could qualify for benefits if your disability prevents you from:
- Doing the job you previously performed
- Engaging in any other gainful employment
If your medical records and evidence support these facts, it will go a long way toward proving you are disabled. A Social Security Disability lawyer serving Franklin Park, PA can review your medical evidence for you.
We can also review your employment history to prove you have the required number of work credits to qualify for SSDI. In short, we’ll guide you through all aspects of the application process to help you obtain additional or supplemental evidence to support an appeal, if applicable.
For a free legal consultation with a Social Security Disability lawyer serving Franklin Park, call 412-661-1400
Appealing a Denied Social Security Disability Application
We understand how frustrating it can be to have the SSA deny your application for disability benefits. If that happens, your Social Security Disability attorney serving Franklin Park, PA can file an appeal on your behalf and work with you through each phase of the appeals process.
At this phase, someone not previously involved in denying your application will review your request for benefits and supporting information.
Hearing by an Administrative Law Judge
If you are not awarded benefits at the reconsideration phase, we can ask an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) to review your application and evidence at a Hearing.
Request for Review by the Appeals Council
If the ALJ denies your appeal, your lawyer can take your case to the Appeals Council. The Appeals Council will review the ALJ’s decision and either send it back to the Judge for reconsideration, deny your request for additional review, or issue a new decision regarding your claim.
Federal Court Review
The federal court review is a civil lawsuit we can file on your behalf if all three previous steps have failed. This is the final step in the appeals process.
Franklin Park Social Security Disability Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
How to Prove You Are Eligible for SSD Benefits
Obtaining SSD benefits depends on the information provided via the application and appeals process. The Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) programs do not use the same application but can require the same or similar attachments.
Your application should include the following:
- Information that proves your identity, citizenship status, and marital status
- Information about your bank account where direct deposits will be made
- Contact information for a friend or family member who can attest to your disability
- Medical evidence of your disability, its severity, and its toll on your personal and professional life
- Information about your employment, including length, dates, and income
You should gather as much information as possible before submitting your application. Make sure your application and evidence are complete and that no critical evidence or documentation is missing.
Reviews From Previous SSD Clients
SSD clients our law firm has represented in the past recommend our legal service and support to others. Some of our online reviews include:
- Tracy: “I am so thankful to Berger and Green and the entire team that helped with my disability case… if not for them I don’t know what I would do. So quick to respond with any questions… Very professional and kind every step of the way… I recommend them to anyone needing legal help.”
- Deb Stahlman: “I highly recommend Berger and Green. They answered every question my husband and I had and after a long process, we were awarded disability benefits. Mark Malak was our attorney, and we were very happy with his guidance and preparation for the hearing.”
Visit our reviews page to see additional accolades or hear directly from previous clients in video testimonials.
Call Our Social Security Disability Team for Your Free Consultation
At Berger and Green, we know how difficult it can be to understand and navigate the SSD benefits application process. A Franklin Park Social Security Disability lawyer from our team will help you with your application or help you file an appeal if the SSA denied your application.
Are you ready to put our 40+ years of experience behind your fight for benefits? Call for your free consultation today.