- We Manage Every Aspect of Your Claim to Help You Get Back On the Road
- We Will Push for the Compensation You Deserve
- We Handle Settlement Negotiations with Insurance Companies on Your Behalf
- Do You Have A Case?
- Starting Your Claim Is Easy, but Time Limits Apply
- Reach Out For a Free Case Review with the Team at Berger and Green
While cycling is a convenient, healthy, enjoyable, and environmentally friendly way to get around, as vulnerable road users, there is little to protect you from injury in the event of a collision. If you or a loved one was injured in an accident involving a negligent motorist, you could be entitled to pursue financial damages.
Our Altoona personal injury lawyers can help you to determine the best approach for your case. With over 40 years of experience helping people with their injury claims, we understand the shock, pain, and disruption serious injuries cause. Our team understands the road from a cyclist’s point of view and is on hand to guide you through the legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
We Manage Every Aspect of Your Claim to Help You Get Back On the Road
Pennsylvania follows the modified comparative negligence system, so proving fault is a key issue when suing another party for damages. It affects how compensation is awarded, especially in cases where liability is disputed or unclear. For example, the other party may contend that you contributed to the accident. As such, you or your lawyer would need to provide evidence to show otherwise.
Our bicycle accident attorneys in Altoona, PA, can help you investigate the accident and gather the evidence required to prove liability. Evidence can come from:
- Photographs or videos taken at the accident scene
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Employment records
- Witness statements
- Expert testimony
- CCTV footage
We also offer a free initial consultation and provide our legal services on a no-win, no-fee basis, so we fund your case initially and only take our fees when we recover for you.
For a free legal consultation with a Bicycle Accident lawyer serving Altoona, call 412-661-1400
We Will Push for the Compensation You Deserve
Calculating the full extent of your losses and negotiating for an appropriate settlement is also an integral part of the legal process. However, this is rarely a straightforward calculation, and amounts vary depending on the circumstances of your claim, such as:
- The type of injuries you sustained
- How long your recovery will take
- The cost of your medical treatment and rehabilitation
- The income and other benefits lost from time away from work during your recovery
- How your injuries affect your personal life and employment currently and in the future
- The psychological impact of your injury
- Liability for the accident (you can only recover damages provided you are not more than than 50% responsible for the accident)
- Insurance coverage available
- The cost of repairing or replacing damaged property
- If you need home care, assistive equipment, or structural changes to your home or vehicle as part of your ongoing care needs
This list is not exhaustive, but the main takeaway here is; that when we calculate your losses, we consider in detail every way the accident has impacted your life now and in the future. This way, nothing is missed, and all your losses are accounted for. Further, having a good benchmark for a potential settlement figure makes it easier to negotiate with an insurer from a strong position.
Altoona Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
We Handle Settlement Negotiations with Insurance Companies on Your Behalf
The key to successful negotiations is being aware of your case’s strength and the strategies insurance companies use to limit their financial exposure to a claim. Common tactics used by insurers include delaying, undervaluing, or denying legitimate claims. In addition, insurance companies will look at cases in terms of what best serves their interests, which may not be the fairest outcome for you.
Similarly, we work to protect your best interests. This means we keep on top of communications with insurers and manage negotiations to reach a settlement that meets your current and future needs in lieu of:
- Medical bills and rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages and compensation if your earning capacity is affected in the future
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Property loss or replacement
As well as their physical injuries, we know many cyclists are also concerned about their bikes and equipment, so we also ensure insurance companies do not undervalue these.
Do You Have A Case?
The following questions may help you to determine whether or not you have grounds to sue for compensation from the driver responsible for causing the accident:
- Did the accident happen within the last two years?
- Did you sustain injuries (physical or psychological) from the accident?
- Was the other driver to blame for the accident?
(Driver negligence could include driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, driver inattention, and drivers who did not yield right of way or obey traffic controls or signals).
- Did you miss time from work due to your injuries?
- Did you suffer damage to your bike and other equipment?
- Did you incur medical bills and other losses?
Most no-win, no-fee cases will require you to meet the main criteria above to succeed. However, if you have further questions or are unsure of anything, we are happy to discuss your situation in more detail during a free case review.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Starting Your Claim Is Easy, but Time Limits Apply
Starting your claim can be as easy as scheduling a free consultation with our team. From there, we can provide advice about your legal options and whether you have a claim. However, do keep in mind Pennsylvania statute of limitations limits the time for cyclists to pursue a claim against a negligent driver who caused their injuries.
Per Pa. C.S.A. § 5524, you generally have to begin civil action two years from the accident date. After this time elapses, it is unlikely the courts will hear your case. As such, seeking legal advice sooner rather than later can be beneficial.
Reach Out For a Free Case Review with the Team at Berger and Green
If you or a loved one was injured by a negligent driver while cycling, the team at Berger and Green is keen to help. With over 40 years of experience assisting clients with their personal injury cases, we understand the legal challenges that can arise during the claim process.
We only practice personal injury and disability law and believe this focus enables us to provide a high level of representation for our clients. Let us put that focus and experience to work for you, too. For more information about your legal options, contact our bicycle accident lawyers serving Altoona, PA, and schedule a free consultation today.