If you have physical injuries and damages from an accident involving an Uber, Berger and Green can help recover your losses. Our Erie Car Accident Lawyer can prove another party acted negligently and is financially responsible for your crash.
Our firm has a 40-plus-year history of fighting for the injured. We can put our experience to work to protect your rights and economic future. Let us do the work necessary to prove your right to compensation so you can focus on your health and family.
How Can Berger and Green Help With Your Uber Accident Case?
At Berger and Green, we dedicate our legal practice to advocating for injured clients. We know that those who seek our help are going through a difficult time and have many options when choosing who will support and represent them through it. When clients honor us by selecting our firm, we do not take the responsibility lightly.
When you work with us, we do everything possible to take the stress and pressure off your shoulders. We will stand by you through every step of your car accident case, working tirelessly to ensure you receive the compensation you need. After an Uber collision in Erie, we can:
- Investigate your Uber accident. Our team will conduct a thorough crash investigation to uncover who and what caused your collision. Once we understand what happened, we can pinpoint who is liable for your car accident damages.
- Seek appropriate compensation. Pennsylvania’s “choice” no-fault insurance system can be complicated, as can understanding rideshare accident insurance policies. Our lawyers can help you sort out your options for recovering compensation and aggressively negotiate for the best settlement possible. If the involved parties refuse to offer fair compensation, we will take your case to civil court if necessary.
- Manage case details. We will collect evidence, identify and calculate your losses, draft and file insurance claims or lawsuits, track deadlines, and handle case-related communications.
Another way we can help injured clients is by assuming the upfront financial risk. Because we do not want the cost of representation to prevent you from seeking justice, we work on contingency. You pay no attorney fees unless and until we win your case.
For a free legal consultation with a Uber Accident lawyer serving Erie, call 412-661-1400
Potential Recoverable Uber Accident Damages
Our lawyers will work to identify and calculate all of the economic and non-economic damages owed to you and your family, which may include compensation for the following:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and employment benefits
- Lost earning capacity
- Vehicle and personal property damages
- Household services
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Emotional suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Erie Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Financial Responsibility for Uber Accidents
You can seek compensation for an Uber accident if your injuries occurred while riding in an Uber or during a crash involving a rideshare vehicle. Financial responsibility for the accident will depend on who is liable and the insurance coverage available. Your options for pursuing damages may include:
A No-Fault Insurance Claim
Pennsylvania’s insurance laws allow drivers to choose no-fault coverage in exchange for lower premiums. If you opted for this insurance, we will turn first to your medical payments (med pay) for medical damages and covered losses. We usually cannot seek compensation from a liable party unless your costs exceed your policy limits.
A Claim Against a Third-Party Driver
If you have full tort coverage or qualify to step outside the no-fault system, we can pursue compensation from a liable party. If the person at fault is a third-party driver (i.e., not someone driving for Uber), we will submit a claim with their private auto insurance.
According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT), motorists must have a minimum of $15,000 in bodily injury liability per person, $30,000 per accident, and $5,000 for property damages.
A Claim Against an Uber Driver
If an Uber driver is responsible for your car wreck or if you were hurt as an Uber driver, we can file an insurance claim with Uber. However, the applicable insurance coverage depends on their status at the time of the accident. Per Uber:
- When the rideshare app is turned off and the driver is not working, their private insurance policy covers accidents;
- When the rideshare app is turned on and the driver is waiting for a ride request, Uber provides $50,000 per injury/$100,000 per accident and $25,000 for property damages (only if the driver’s insurance does not apply or meet these amounts);
- When the driver is en route to a ride request or driving passengers, Uber offers $1 million in liability coverage, as well as uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) protection, med pay for the driver and riders (regardless of fault), and contingent comprehensive and collision insurance for the driver’s vehicle damages.
In some cases, there may be more than one liable party and multiple options for recovery through insurance. We can help you sort out your coverage options and draft and file claims with various insurers if necessary.
How Long Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Erie, PA?
Many rideshare accident cases get resolved without going to court. However, you still need to be aware of Pennsylvania’s two-year statute of limitations for most personal injury cases, outlined in Pa. C.S.A. § 5524.
If the deadline passes, the court will usually refuse your lawsuit, and not being able to sue reduces your insurance bargaining power. Therefore, waiting too long could leave you with a denied claim or lowball settlement and no legal recourse.
Berger and Green Can Help With Your Rideshare Uber Accident Case
If another party’s careless, reckless, or wrongful actions caused your injuries, they should pay for your losses – not you or your family. Berger and Green’s rideshare accident attorneys serving Erie, PA, can fight for the compensation you and your loved ones need and deserve.
We can help you get started on your Uber accident case today with a free consultation. Contact us today.