When you purchase a product, you expect it to work as advertised and, at the very least, not cause injuries or other harm. Manufacturers must put the items through rigorous safety tests before releasing them to the public. But some manufacturers may skip the regulations and rush to push the products to sale without performing any safety tests.
If you or a loved one is injured by a defective children’s toy, auto-part, electronic device, or another defective product, you have the right to hold the negligent party, such as the manufacturer, responsible for their actions. Our Johnstown product liability lawyer can assist you in filing a product liability claim to obtain compensation to cover your medical bills, wage loss, and other damages.
Your Johnstown Product Liability Attorney Can Investigate Your Product Liability Case
Product liability describes the legal obligation of manufacturers, sellers, and other entities in the supply chain to compensate customers for the injuries a defective product may have caused.
The reasons for a defective product can be generally divided into three categories:
- Defective manufacturing: A product may become defective due to an error during production at the factory where it is being manufactured. A manufacturing defect is usually only found in one or few products. For example, a desk lamp with a broken stand or a cough syrup containing a contaminant.
- Dangerous design: When a product’s design is defective, any product manufactured based on that design will also be impaired. A bad design can corrupt the safety of the entire product line instead of a single unit.
- Defective marketing: This refers to when a product does not come with clear instructions about how to use it or lacks critical warnings about the dangers of the product.
If a defective product injured you in any of the aforementioned ways, contact us at the earliest. Our lawyer can investigate your case to find more about the product defect that caused you harm.
For a free legal consultation with a Product Liability lawyer serving Johnstown, call 412-661-1400
A Product Liability Lawyer in Johnstown, PA Can Help With Evidence Gathering
Various evidence may be used to back the claim that a defective product caused your injuries. Examples include:
- The defective product: It is imperative to preserve the actual product or any of its remaining parts that caused you harm. Also, retain any of the documents that came with it. These include instructions, accessories, and even packaging. These can be used to show that the product was manufactured or designed to be defective. It also proves that you did not alter the product after purchasing it.
- Medical records: Your medical records can be obtained to prove the medical expenses you incurred. It can also show your injuries, their severity, and whether they caused any disabilities.
- Photographs and videos: Pictures and videos capturing the accident site can help demonstrate the gravity of the injury and how the incident impacted your life.
- Accident reports: This report contains critical information about how the incident happened. Your attorney can help secure this document from law enforcement.
- Pay stubs: Documents such as income reports can be used to prove the economic loss you suffered from the accident.
Johnstown Product Liability Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
A Product Liability Attorney in Johnstown, PA May Help You Recover These Damages
Your Johnstown product liability lawyer will be able to give you an accurate view of which damages you can recover after examining your case and understanding how the defective product’s malfunctioning has affected your life.
Generally, here are the common types of damages available in a Johnstown product liability case:
- Your current and anticipated medical expenses for accident-related injuries
- Cost of rehab sessions, physical therapy, and counseling
- Accident-related out-of-pocket expenses
- Compensation for any income you have lost or will lose from missing work
- Pain and suffering, and other emotional damages
- Damages for diminished quality of life
- Damages for scarring and disfigurement
- Punitive damages against the manufacturer or seller of the defective product
Once you reach out, our team can investigate your case to uncover all the losses you are eligible to receive compensation for.
Who Can Be Sued in a Johnstown Product Liability Case?
Multiple parties in the product’s supply chain may share liability for your injuries depending on your case’s facts and circumstances.
The common potential liable parties include:
- Manufacturer: Any entity or individual involved in the manufacturing of a product could be potentially held liable for your losses.
- Middlemen: Suppliers, wholesalers, and distributors involved in bringing the product from the manufacturer to the consumer can be potentially liable for your losses.
- Product retailers: Any retailer selling the defective product may potentially hold liability for your injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Only Have Two Years To Pursue Legal Action Against the Liable Parties
According to Pa. C.S.A. § 5524, any product liability claims generally must be filed within two years from the date of the accident. There are some exceptions to this rule which our attorney will gladly discuss with you if it applies to your case.
If you reach out soon, we can begin filing the paperwork immediately to initiate legal action against the liable party. If you let the deadline pass, you may be unable to secure compensation for your losses.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Our Johnstown Product Liability Lawyer
If a defective or dangerous product has injured you or a loved one in Johnstown, PA, our legal team can assist you in holding the liable parties accountable through a civil suit. Our team can investigate your case, gather evidence proving negligence and damages, and fight for a fair settlement amount from the manufacturer’s insurance company. We will represent your case in court for an adequate offer if they do not agree to fair compensation.
During a free case review with a team member, we will answer any questions you may have, explain your legal options, and verify whether you have the legal grounds to proceed with a claim. Our lawyers will be able to help navigate you through the process of examining your medical issues to see if they link to a defective product. Let us help you win the compensation you deserve. Contact our team today to let them examine the evidence right away to see how your case would stand in court.