You expect your workplace to be a safe environment. After all, your employer must follow many safety regulations and guidelines. But accidents can still happen, and when they do, you should be able to get workers’ compensation to help you with the costs of your injuries.
If you would like help with a workers’ compensation claim, a Johnstown workers’ compensation lawyer from Berger and Green can help you navigate the process and look out for your interests. You can start today with a free consultation with our team.
What Is Workers’ Compensation?
After an injury in the workplace, workers’ compensation is money your employer pays either through insurance or a self insurance fund that covers your work related medical bills for injuries suffered. Also, if you will miss time from work it typically involves giving you a portion of your lost wages after the 7th calendar day of disability while you cannot work. You can use this money to cover your expenses while you heal and recover from your injuries.
How Much Can I Get in Workers’ Compensation?
Workers’ Compensation will pay in full all reasonable and necessary work related medical bills.
The amount of your recoverable wage loss will depend on your pre-injury weekly wage subject to maximum and minimum amounts. In general, the length of your disability will determine the total amount you receive. Additional payment may result where there is permanent disfigurement, loss of use of a body part or death.
When you meet with us, we can help determine what you are entitled to.
Each state has specific laws governing workers compensation cases. Pennsylvania’s laws are set forth in the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act.
For a free legal consultation with a Workers’ Compensation lawyer serving Johnstown, call 412-661-1400
How Can a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Help Me?
A workers’ compensation attorney helps you get the payments you need after a workplace accident. If your employer denies your claim or if you aren’t getting an adequate amount based on what happened, it can help to consult with our workers’ compensation attorney.
We can review what happened in your situation. How did your injury occur? What has been the impact of the damage? What sort of medical bills do you have? Our goal is to get you the workers’ compensation that you need. We can help you and your employer communicate, answer your questions, and overall help make getting workers’ compensation easier for you.
Johnstown Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Is Hiring a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Expensive?
At Berger and Green, we do not charge you for our services unless we help you win your case. With over forty years of experience, we understand the complexity surrounding workers’ compensation. We want to offer you the legal advice you need to get appropriate compensation.
You have a lot going on right now, between recovering from your injuries and not being able to work like you usually would. We get it, and we don’t want you to worry about upfront legal fees. Instead, we want you to get the legal help you need.
What Common Accidents Happen in the Workplace?
Where you work and what you do will impact what types of accidents you are most at risk for experiencing. Even with safety protocols in place, accidents can still happen, and their impact can range from mild to severe. In extreme cases, workplace accidents can even be fatal. The National Safety Council (NSC) highlights common injuries that can happen while on the job:
- Injuries or illnesses from exposure: Workers can be exposed to harmful substances like extreme temperatures, electricity, or radiation.
- Injuries from overexertion: Workers can overexert themselves, sometimes through repetitive motions like pushing, pulling, or lifting. These movements can cause problems like back injuries or damage to other joints and muscles.
- Slip, trip, or fall injuries: Sometimes workers are fine after a fall, while other times, they can experience extreme pain, back injuries, spinal cord injuries, or head injuries.
- Transportation injuries: Workers might be in a car accident or other motor vehicle accident while on the job. Transportation accidents can cause head, back, and neck trauma, among other injuries.
After a Workplace Accident
Your safety and health take priority after a workplace accident. Make sure you get to safety. After that you should promptly get any medical treatment you need for your injuries.
It is essential to be in open communication with your employer. As soon as possible, report the incident to your employer. Your prompt report of the accident can impact getting workers’ compensation later. It can also impact what doctor you see and where you go for medical treatment.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Here’s How We Have Helped Our Clients
Berger and Green brings more than 40 years of legal experience to the table. We want to help you get the workers’ compensation that you deserve. Here is what some of our clients have had to say after we have helped them with their cases:
- “They responded too all my question in a very timely manner made me feel like they had my back. You need somebody that makes you feel like you have a chance and the team of there contact staff is great. Cindy actually phoned me when I hired them to represent me and she sounded just like her advertisements which bought a smile too my face thanks for your had work.” ~ Dan.
- Outstanding service from start to finish with a fully favorable decision. Mr. Van Keuren, along with all other lawyers and staff were great and easy to work with ! I highly recommend. ~ Ron
Start Your Free Consultation About Your Workers’ Compensation Claim Today
Even if you aren’t sure what to do yet, you can start getting legal counsel from Berger and Green. Your first consultation can help you understand your legal options related to workers’ compensation.
Berger and Green is glad to serve clients in the Johnstown area. We are ready to help you with your workers’ compensation case. Call us today for a free consultation.