- Our Johnstown Attorney Can Help You Fight Against Insurers’ Unfair Practices
- If an Insurer Rejects a Claim, Suing the At-Fault or Liable Party Could Be the Next Step
- Call Us Today for a Free Consultation About Your Johnstown Insurance Claim
When damages occur, you expect insurance companies to pay your claims promptly so you can cover your losses and get on with your life. Unfortunately, it doesn’t always work out that way. While people expect insurance companies to cover their claims, some insurers may not do so without a challenge. If this is your situation, you can seek legal help to protect your rights and recover the damages due to you.
Berger and Green helps people across Pennsylvania stand up to insurance companies that do not honor their policies and the protections they are supposed to provide. Our Johnstown insurance claims lawyer can advise you on your legal options and explain how you can hold the insurance company accountable. You can start exploring your next steps during a free consultation.
Our Johnstown Attorney Can Help You Fight Against Insurers’ Unfair Practices
When insurance companies deny their clients’ claims or act in bad faith, it often causes stress and uncertainty for the insured. However, claimants have rights, and insurers must meet their obligations under Pennsylvania law.
31 Pa. C.S.A § 146.4 prohibits insurance companies from misrepresenting their policies or the provisions related to the coverages in their policies to first-party claimants. They must also investigate all claims and pay them in a reasonable time. Despite the laws in place, deceptive and unfair practices occur, and when they do, you can take legal action.
Our Johnstown personal injury attorney can help you if the insurance company does not act in good faith. Our Johnstown insurance claims lawyer can represent you if an insurer does any of the following:
The Insurer Denies Your Claim for an Invalid Reason
If your insurer denies your claim, the reason for the denial should be clearly stated. Still, it doesn’t mean the reason is valid or that the insurer is acting in good faith. After an insurance company rejects your request to cover your damages, you can consult with a lawyer from our firm who can clarify what you should do next in your case.
When we review your situation, we can determine if the insurer rejected your claim for a valid reason, such as if you didn’t meet your deductible or if the information on the form is incorrect. If the reason isn’t valid, however, you can challenge the denial.
Our attorneys understand that insurance claims can quickly become complex legal matters. When you hire us, we will manage your case from beginning to end. You can be sure we will review every fact and circumstance carefully to determine how we can recover compensation for you. Our Johnstown insurance claims lawyer can advise you of what you can expect if you decide to move forward on negotiations with the insurer.
Once we learn more about what happened, we can:
- Determine the insurer’s reason for denying your claim
- Review your policy to see what its terms are and the losses it covers
- Assess the value of your losses to determine your possible compensation
- Provide evidence that supports your claim and shows the damages you suffered
The Insurer Gives You the Runaround
If you are growing more frustrated with getting the insurer to resolve the issue, it may not be your imagination; the insurance company could be delaying your claim on purpose. You may notice you speak to different people every time you call or that you haven’t received a response in months since submitting your claim. Insurers use these common tactics to avoid paying claims. The goal is to delay the process as long as possible so that you either drop your claim or accept a lower settlement amount if the insurer offers you one.
When we work on your Johnstown insurance case, we can take care of all communications with the insurer. We will stay on top of your case to ensure your claim receives fair and prompt consideration. We can also track it to ensure the insurance company doesn’t mispresent or change its policies.
The Insurer Offers a Settlement That Falls Short of Covering Your Losses
Insurance companies are going to look out for their bottom lines, so you can hire legal representatives who will look out for you. Getting your losses covered doesn’t always mean an insurer will be fair about paying you. Our Johnstown insurance claims lawyer can:
- Prove your losses with receipts, invoices, and other written documentation
- Show that the incident occurred and how your damages are connected to the incident
- Challenge claims that you were negligent or did not take care of your duties, such as submitting your claim on time
- Consult with independent professionals (e.g., economists) who can confirm the value of your losses
- Help you uncover other losses you may not be aware you have
For a free legal consultation with a Insurance Claims lawyer serving Johnstown, call 412-661-1400
If an Insurer Rejects a Claim, Suing the At-Fault or Liable Party Could Be the Next Step
If we cannot settle with the insurance company in your case, we may be able to file a lawsuit against the at-fault or negligent party and recover your damages from them. These losses can include:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Lost or reduced income
- Other incident-related expenses
Our Johnstown insurance claims attorney can manage your legal case and take care of all tasks, such as:
- Investigating your case to determine what happened
- Collecting case-supporting evidence such as witness statements, the police report, photos, and video footage, if applicable
- Consulting with independent professionals who can offer insight into your damages
- File your lawsuit in accordance with Pennsylvania’s statute of limitations, which is generally two years, per 42 Pa. C.S.A. § 5524
Johnstown Insurance Claims Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Call Us Today for a Free Consultation About Your Johnstown Insurance Claim
When an insurer denies a claim, it doesn’t have to be the end of the story. A Johnstown insurance claims attorney with Berger and Green can navigate the process of recovering just compensation for you, saving you time. You can hold an insurance company accountable and protect your rights. The sooner you reach out to us, the sooner we can get started working for you. You can start by calling us today for a free consultation.