- The Deadline for Serious and Catastrophic Injury Lawsuits in Pennsylvania
- We Advocate for People Who Have Suffered These Catastrophic Injuries
- Our Law Firm Focuses on These Practice Areas in Cambria County
- What Damages Can I Claim in My Johnstown Serious and Catastrophic Injury Case?
- We Can Hold Another Party Liable for Your Catastrophic Injuries
- We Champion the Rights of Injured People in Cambria County
You have legal options if you suffered a life-altering condition due to another party’s negligence. You can file a claim or lawsuit to recover the cost of your past, present, and future damages. Yet, you may have concerns about doing this on your own.
Our firm can relieve some pressure by taking over your legal case and pursuing financial compensation. Berger and Green has more than 40 years of experience advocating for people like you. When you connect with our firm, we can explain the benefits of partnering with a Johnstown serious and catastrophic injury lawyer.
The Deadline for Serious and Catastrophic Injury Lawsuits in Pennsylvania
If you want to file a personal injury lawsuit, your attorney can help you meet the filing deadline. In Pennsylvania, this deadline is generally two years from the date of your accident, according to Pa. C.S.A. § 5524. If you’re filing a wrongful death lawsuit, you also have two years.
The statute of limitations is a strict deadline. Yet, with our team’s help, we can file your case on time and protect your right to damages.
For a free legal consultation with a Catastrophic Injury lawyer serving Johnstown, call 412-661-1400
We Advocate for People Who Have Suffered These Catastrophic Injuries
We consider a catastrophic injury to be anything that significantly affects your quality of life. Some examples include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Limb loss
- Spinal cord trauma
- Long-term cognitive impairment
- Organ damage
You may not see your specific condition listed here––and that’s okay. We still want to hear your story and learn how we can help you.
Johnstown Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Our Law Firm Focuses on These Practice Areas in Cambria County
We help people who have suffered harm due to:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Premises liability incidents, such as slips and falls
- Nursing home abuse incidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bike accidents
- Product liability incidents
We also assist grieving families with their wrongful death cases. You can learn more about our team’s practice areas during your free case review.
What Damages Can I Claim in My Johnstown Serious and Catastrophic Injury Case?
Berger and Green can identify your losses by evaluating your condition’s severity, reviewing your out-of-pocket expenses, and consulting with field experts. Your compensable losses may comprise:
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Medical bills
- Bills for any property you needed to repair or replace
- Bills for therapies and other rehabilitation
- Bills for any accommodative home renovations or assistive equipment you may need
- Lost job-related tips, wages, and benefits
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral and burial costs
How Much Can I Recover Through an Insurance Claim or Lawsuit?
Once your lawyer identifies your losses, they can calculate them. Valuating non-financial, intangible damages (like pain and suffering) can be complicated, but your lawyer will have methods for doing so. They will consider your quality of life, estimated recovery period, and other factors when determining your losses.
This service can be invaluable. It can prevent an insurer or a judge from devaluing your losses and offering less than you need. We want to recover everything you need to ensure your financial well-being.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Can Hold Another Party Liable for Your Catastrophic Injuries
Even if another party unintentionally caused your injuries, you can still hold them financially accountable if they were not careful. One or more of these parties may be liable for your injury-related losses:
- A corporation
- A homeowner or another property owner
- A motorist, bus driver, or commercial truck driver
- The designer, manufacturer, or marketer of a consumer product
- A nursing home caregiver
- A product designer or manufacturer
We’re determined to hold each liable party accountable for your losses.
Your Legal Team Can Prove Negligence in Your Johnstown, PA, Case
To successfully recover damages, your lawyer may have to prove negligence. This requires showing:
- Duty of care: Another party had a responsibility to act with reasonable care. For instance, all property owners must keep their premises clear of hazards.
- Breach of duty: the other party violated their obligation by exposing others to risk of harm. Going back to the previous example, a property owner who allows their dangerous dog to roam freely breaches their duty of care.
- Causation: The other party’s breach of duty caused your condition. Because the dangerous dog attacked you, you suffered harm.
- Injuries and Damages: You have various losses resulting from your accident and injuries.
We Champion the Rights of Injured People in Cambria County
Our clients’ testimonials sum up our commitment to justice. Some have shared:
“I would like to express my extreme gratitude for helping me and my family with my case. I appreciate Bill Kenny and his staff for getting the job well done. I will continue to recommend Berger and Green to family & friends as needed. 1000 times thank you!!!” ––Sean N., former client
“We really appreciated our positive, professional experience with Kevin Peck at Berger and Green. Kevin was excellent to communicate with and answered all of our questions and emails promptly and thoroughly. We were grateful that Kevin represented our mother after her auto accident, and would whole heartedly recommend Kevin Peck at Berger and Green.” ––Linda H., former client’s family member
We know that we can’t undo the accident you suffered. Yet, recovering compensation can allow you to seek treatment and take necessary time off work.
A Serious and Catastrophic Injury Lawyer from Our Team Can Begin Your Case
As noted, our firm has over four decades of experience in personal injury law. During this period, our personal injury attorneys have helped tens of thousands of clients like you. Your attorney can handle the insurance company and any opposing parties that threaten your right to compensation.
Let us relieve your legal and financial pressures. Contact Berger and Green to learn more during a free consultation. When you partner with us, we can start your case at no cost.