If you or a loved one lives in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, and suffered an injury due to a medical error, you may be entitled to file a medical malpractice claim or lawsuit against a practitioner or another liable party.
At Berger and Green, we help victims fight for the compensation they need to recover from their injuries and related damages. A lawyer from our firm serving Johnstown can help you prepare your medical malpractice case so that it establishes how you were mistreated under your medical care.
Our Law Firm Can Take on the Legal Responsibility to Build Your Case
Medical malpractice cases can get complex due to the strict requirements plaintiffs must follow to prove their injuries were caused by negligence. However, our team handles these types of personal injury cases so that we can take on the burden of proof for you and help you build your case against a negligent party.
Working with our legal team, we can do the following to help you with your case:
Identify the Liable Party or Parties:
- Medical malpractice cases can involve:
- Practitioners (e.g., doctors, nurses, techs, and other physicians)
- The medical facility where the injury took place (e.g., hospitals, clinics, and medical offices)
- The facility owners
- Other staff at the facility
- Pharmaceutical companies
Our team can investigate your case to identify who may be held liable for your damages.
Retrieve Evidence to Support Your Case
For your case, you will need to prove you received medical care that does not meet the standards of care of medical workers in the same field.
We can help you gather evidence to prove this, which may involve collecting:
- Your medical records
- Photos and videos of your injuries or malpractice
- Expert witness testimony, as required by 231 Pa. C.S.A. § 1042.3
- Certificate of Merit, as required by 231 Pa. C.S.A. § 1042.3
Handle Communications and Administrative Tasks
Once you become our client, we can serve as your legal representative in multiple forms, which means we can:
- Fill out and submit paperwork on your behalf to move your case forward
- Speak with insurance companies, other attorneys, and medical professionals on your behalf when they request statements
- Interview expert witnesses to retrieve testimony for your case
- Respond to notices sent to you
Advocate for Your Financial Interests Throughout Your Case
Our team of attorneys can represent you during settlement negotiations or a court trial with the same goal: to pursue fair compensation for your damages.
We will keep you updated throughout your case and explain your legal options as they are presented. We can also advise you on whether:
- To accept an insurance settlement offer based on your damages
- You should pursue a lawsuit through the courts system
- Negotiate an out-of-court settlement deal at any point during litigation
For a free legal consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer serving Johnstown, call 412-661-1400
Victims of Medical Malpractice May Receive Compensation for Their Damages
If you or a loved one was a victim of medical malpractice, you may be entitled to the following types of damages:
- Medical treatment costs: This damage can include costs for doctor’s appointments, surgeries, imaging exams, lab work, physical therapy, emergency room care, hospital, and other types of medical services.
- Income loss: If you had to miss work because of your injuries (e.g., you had a long recovery period or needed to attend multiple medical appointments), you may be able to recover the wages you lost. We can also pursue future income loss you might expect to lose if your injuries are long-term or permanent.
- Permanent disability or physical disfigurement: If the medical error resulted in a permanent disability, loss of limb, loss of bodily function, or physical disfigurement, you may be entitled to compensation. This injury includes amputations, vision or hearing loss, and scarring.
- Pain and suffering: If you suffered physical or emotional pain, you may be compensated for this damage.
- Other emotional losses: If your injuries affected your personal relationships, independence, and ability to enjoy hobbies and activities, you may be compensated for these damages.
These are only a few examples of damages you might pursue in your medical malpractice case. Our team can explain further about potential compensatory damages in your case evaluation.
Our Attorneys Work on a Contingency-Fee Basis
If you are concerned about how you will be able to afford the services of a Johnstown lawyer from our firm, we want to ease your worries. Our law firm works on a contingency-fee basis, meaning we don’t charge for our services unless we win the cases we take on.
During your free consultation, we can discuss our attorney’s fees and how we may charge for our services to represent you. Should we win your medical malpractice case, our percentage will be taken out of your compensation reward. If we do not, you owe us nothing. With this client-attorney agreement, our lawyers have the incentive to build a strong case for you and fight for your financial recovery.
Johnstown Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Medical Malpractice Lawsuits Have a Legal Deadline in Pennsylvania
Per 42 Pa. C.S.A. § 5524, you generally have two years from the date of injury or its discovery to file a medical malpractice lawsuit. Failure to comply with this deadline could result in a case dismissal, which would bar you from pursuing compensation.
What Is Considered Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice can involve a variety of medical errors, including:
- Misdiagnoses or failure to diagnose illnesses and conditions
- Wrong prescriptions or prescription dosages
- Improper or unnecessary treatment for an illness, injury, or condition
- Failure to read the patient’s medical records correctly or at all
- Failure to give a patient treatment for their injury, illness, or condition
- Failure to inform a patient about the risks of a treatment or procedure
- Mistreatment, e.g., assault or abuse
If you are unsure about whether you or a loved one was a victim of medical malpractice, our law firm can review your case for free. We can explain your legal options should you have a case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Start Working with Our Medical Malpractice Lawyer Serving Johnstown Today
Working with a medical malpractice lawyer from Berger and Green can allow you to focus on your own recovery while we handle legal matters on your behalf. Our team will keep you updated on your case, and the final word in all decisions remains yours, including whether you want to accept a settlement offer or file a lawsuit.
Call Berger and Green for a Free Case Review
Call (412) 661-1400 today to receive a free case evaluation from one of our representatives. We want to help you fight for justice and the compensation you need.