Get Compensation With Hollidaysburg Personal Injury Attorneys
Were you or a loved one injured in an accident? If someone else’s thoughtless or careless conduct caused your accident, you could qualify for monetary compensation. A Hollidaysburg personal injury lawyer may be able to fight for that compensation on your behalf, allowing you to focus on your recovery. Call the office of Berger and Green at (412) 661-1400 to learn more.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Hollidaysburg, call 412-661-1400
Accidents and Their Consequences
Have you suffered a physical or emotional injury? This is a personal injury. You may qualify for damages to compensate for your injury and help you pay bills if your injury is the result of someone else’s reckless or thoughtless behavior.
Personal injury accidents can happen under many circumstances and in many settings, including:
- Car accidents caused by inattentive drivers
- Medical errors caused by a doctor’s mistake or carelessness
- Dog bites caused by irresponsible dog owners
- Slip and fall accidents caused by negligent property owners
- Workplace accidents caused by cost-cutting or risk-taking employers
This is, by necessity, a small sampling of the kinds and causes of personal injury accidents. No matter how your accident happened, the consequences can be devastating, both for you and your family. Personal injuries include but are certainly not limited to:
- Head injuries
- Brain injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Back injuries
- Loss or loss of use of a limb
- Psychological trauma
These injuries are in addition to any property damage, such as a wrecked car, and financial stresses, such as medical bills, that you suffered because of the accident.
A Hollidaysburg personal injury lawyer from Berger and Green may be able to help you fight for compensation. Call us at (412) 661-1400 for a free consultation. Our office is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, but we represent personal injury victims from the surrounding area as well.
Hollidaysburg Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
What You Can Sue For
Everyone’s case is different, so the types of damages that claimants can sue for varies with each accident. The damages you qualify for will depend on not just the details of your accident, but also if you are filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Broadly speaking, you can sue for two kinds of compensation, which are described in this section.
Compensation for Physical and/or Mental Harm
Noneconomic damages will compensate you for your injury and its direct consequences, such as:
- Pain and suffering: the physical or mental distress caused by the accident and your injuries
- Disfigurement: the scarring left behind by your injuries
- Disability: your physical or mental capabilities becoming permanently affected by your injuries
- Loss of companionship: the accident costing your loved one their life and depriving you of their presence
Compensation for Financial Harm
Personal injury lawsuits can compensate you for more than just personal injury. Economic damages will help cover your bills and support your family, either temporarily while you recover or permanently if you are no longer able to work. Economic damages may include:
- Lost wages: whatever income you should have earned but could not because you took time off to recover
- Loss of employment: you lost or left your job because your injuries prevented you from fulfilling your duties
- Medical bills: whatever you spent to heal or ameliorate your injury and its side effects
- Funeral bills: your loved one passed away because of the accident and you had to pay to have them laid to rest
Click to contact our Pittsburgh Personal Injury Lawyers today
Getting Help with Your Lawsuit
Per Title 42 §5524, you have the right to sue after a personal injury. However, Pennsylvania law gives you a limited amount of time to begin your lawsuit. To make sure that you receive the compensation you deserve, you should get started as soon as you feel able.
If you cannot or do not want to go through this legal process on your own, Berger and Green may be able to help. Hiring someone from our firm will give you the time and the reassurance you need to focus on getting your life back while someone else:
- Investigates your case: your lawyer will collect all available evidence connected with your accident, including photographs, medical records, and police reports.
- Identifies and notifies liable parties: after we help you figure out who is liable for your accident, we will notify them on your behalf and tell them you are suing.
- Calculates damages: in your lawsuit, you will have to be specific about the amount of money you believe you deserve for each type of damage. Your lawyer can help you put a dollar amount on each of your economic and non-economic damages.
- Negotiates for a settlement: the liable party’s insurance company may offer you a settlement to avoid going to trial. Your lawyer will make sure any money offered is fair and that the insurance company does not underpay you.
- Represents you in court: what happens if the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement? With your permission, we can schedule a trial. Your lawyer will do everything possible to convince a jury to rule in your favor.
- Answers your questions: your lawyer will not only take care of all legal matters but will also keep you abreast of all important developments. It is your case, and you deserve to know what is happening and why.
If you still have questions or concerns, Berger and Green is happy to answer them. Call us at (412) 661-1400. A Hollidaysburg personal injury lawyer may take on the difficult task of confronting the insurance company while you start putting your life back together. And, because we work for a contingency fee, you do not have to pay us anything unless and until we help you get compensation.
Call or text 412-661-1400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form