Get the Compensation You are Owed After a Car Accident
Car accidents can put abnormal strain on your body, and may cause you to suffer one or more serious injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident in Hollidaysburg, PA, then a lawyer may be able to help you pursue any awards that you may be entitled to. One or more parties could be liable for your medical costs and other losses that have come from your accident, and your Hollidaysburg car accident lawyer can handle a lawsuit and an insurance claim to argue for compensation.
Call Berger and Green today at (412) 661-1400 to discuss how our team may fight for the best possible outcome for you after a car accident in Hollidaysburg.
For a free legal consultation with a car accident lawyer serving Hollidaysburg, call 412-661-1400
Car Accidents May Cause Serious Injuries
When multi-ton vehicles collide at high rates of speed, you and your passengers can face multiple types of trauma. You or a loved one may have suffered both physical and psychological trauma as the result of a car accident.
Some of the injuries that may result from a car accident include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI), which the Mayo Clinic explains could produce symptoms immediately, or ones that could become apparent days, weeks, or months after your accident
- Broken bones
- Injury to organs
- Internal bleeding
- Severe cuts, bruises, and burns
Physical symptoms of your injuries may be unpleasant, and may include:
- Chronic pain
- Limited range of motion in your neck and back
- Limitations on your ability to walk or otherwise move
- Partial or total paralysis
Psychological trauma from an accident may also be severe, with its symptoms being potentially long-lasting. You could experience interruptions in your sleep patterns, recurring traumatic thoughts and dreams, anxiety or depression, or an acute fear of riding in motor vehicles.
The Consequences of Being Injured
Suffering one or more injuries in a car accident in Pennsylvania could have consequences that negatively affect your overall quality of life. An injury may:
- Prevent you from working and from earning your normal income
- Cause daily pain or discomfort
- Cause mental anguish
- Rob you of your sense of freedom and independence
- Diminish your earning power if you are able to work again
- Cause financial strain in the form of lost income, medical costs, and other expenses stemming from your injuries
An injury may change the way that you live your life on a daily basis, with those changes generally being for the worse. You may have options for these losses with insurance claims and lawsuits.
Your Hollidaysburg car accident lawyer can help you pursue the compensation that you deserve. Call Berger and Green today at (412) 661-1400 for a free consultation today.
Hollidaysburg Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Negligence May Have Caused Your Injuries
A lawyer is familiar with the standards of liability in Pennsylvania and can help you determine whether you or a loved one’s accident was the result of negligence. The American Bar Association (ABA) explains that negligence could occur when someone does not intend to cause injury, but yet does not operate their vehicle in a reasonably safe manner.
A motorist may be guilty of negligence if they do anything that increases the risk of an accident occurring. If the actions that increase the risk of an accident actually cause a collision, then the motorist may be held financially responsible for the consequences of their negligence.
Some of the actions and failures of motorists which may qualify as negligence are:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Driving while on drugs
- Changing lanes dangerously
- Driving without headlights in the dark
- Running a red light
- Running a stop sign
- Failing to give motorists the right-of-way
- Driving a vehicle that is unsafe in one or more ways
- Texting while driving
- Engaging in other forms of distracted driving
Motorists have a responsibility to ensure their vehicle is roadworthy, and to operate the vehicle as if it is capable of causing injury or death to others—because it is. Your lawyer will cite wrongdoing by the motorist who caused your accident, as well as any other involved parties, as they seek the compensation that you deserve.
Your Lawyer Will Argue for Fair Compensation
Whether you choose to file an insurance claim or lawsuit, your lawyer can make your case for compensation. They may do this in both written and oral forms, depending on the course that your case for compensation takes.
A lawyer can file your lawsuit or claim on your behalf, taking into account any deadlines that could affect the eligibility of your claim or lawsuit. They can also handle several other responsibilities necessary to complete your case, including:
- Documenting all of your losses, including your injuries
- Calculating the value of your losses
- Hiring experts to help with your case
- Interviewing witnesses
- Reconstructing your accident
- Filing all necessary documents
- Handling communications with insurance representatives and attorneys involved in your case
- Gathering all evidence related to your case
- Negotiating a settlement
- Defending your rights
A settlement may be the outcome that your lawyer targets, though they will be prepared to take your case to trial if need be. They may seek coverage for your medical costs, lost income, pain and suffering, and other harm that you have experienced because of your Hollidaysburg car accident.
Call Berger and Green Today
Hiring a Hollidaysburg car accident lawyer can allow you to direct your time and energy towards recovery without worrying about your case for compensation. Call Berger and Green today at (412) 661-1400 for additional details about how we may represent you after a car accident.