Product liability is an area of personal injury law that allows victims to recover damages for injuries sustained from a faulty consumer product, medication, or medical device.
Anyone who suffers injuries because of a defective product can bring a product liability lawsuit.
When a Product Harms You, You Can Recover Financial Awards
Defective medical devices and medications can result in:
- Adverse drug events (ADEs)
- Internal damages
Faulty consumer products can cause injuries, death, and property damage. If you suffered physical harm and monetary losses because of a product in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, you could win compensation from the liable parties. This may include awards for:
- Medical care: This includes all past and future treatments related to injuries the harmful product caused. You could win awards for emergency treatment, surgical procedures, physical and mental rehabilitation, hospitalizations, and medications.
- Personal property: Defective consumer products can lead to expensive property damage. For example, a faulty electrical device could cause a house fire. Defective brakes or tires could cause an automobile accident. You can seek compensation for your destroyed or damaged property or items.
- Lost wages: If you have missed work because of injuries caused by a defective product, you can seek compensation for your lost wages. If your product-related accident resulted in injuries that prevent you from returning to your previous employment, you could be eligible for your loss of future earning potential.
- Pain and suffering: Severe injuries can have a far-reaching impact on your life. You can win awards for your mental anguish, emotional suffering, and physical pain. You can also seek compensation for conditions, such as depression, insomnia, stress, and chronic pain caused by your injuries.
- Wrongful death: You can seek the above damages on behalf of a deceased loved one. You can also win awards for their funeral and burial expenses and the loss of their financial support and household services. If the decedent is your parent, spouse, or child, you could receive compensation for the loss of their support, companionship, or guidance.
We cannot guarantee a settlement or verdict amount, but we can promise to fight for the maximum amount of compensation possible for your case.
For a free legal consultation, call 412-661-1400
How Can You Get Compensation for Your Injuries and Other Losses?
You can seek an insurance settlement to recover your damages. If necessary, you can take legal action with a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. Our attorneys can take care of your product liability insurance claim or civil suit. We can:
- File paperwork
- Track and meet deadlines
- Communicate with insurers and other involved parties
- Obtain your medical records, repair bills, wage records, and further proof of your expenses
- Demonstrate liability
- Represent you during negotiations
- Update you on your claims or case
According to Pa. C.S.A. §5524, you have two years from the time of your injuries or your loved one’s death to file a personal injury or wrongful death action. It is crucial to get started on your case before the statute of limitations expires.
How are Products Defective?
Manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, retailers, wholesalers, and any other entity along the supply chain may be responsible for damages caused by a product. There are three types of product defects for which a manufacturer or supplier may be liable:
- Design defects: These are defects in the design of a product, drug, or medical device. So, even if the manufacturer makes the product correctly, it still contains an inherent design flaw.
- Manufacturing defects: These are problems with a product’s production or construction. Manufacturing defects can occur in all units of a product or only a particular batch.
- Marketing defects: Marketing defects refer to improper instructions or a lack of product safety warnings.
Anyone who suffers injuries because of these defects can bring a product liability lawsuit. Our attorneys can help you prove a defective product caused your injuries by using your medical records, witness testimony, expert testimony, and other available evidence.
Berger and Green Can Protect Your Rights
The outcome of your case affects your financial future. We will give building your claim or lawsuit the time and attention you deserve. We want to help you achieve the financial security you need to win back your peace of mind.
Our Pittsburg personal injury lawyer has more than 40 years of experience you can trust. We can help those injured by a defective product, medication, or device fight for compensation. To learn more, reach out to our team at (412) 661-1400 for a free evaluation of your case.