When you purchase any product, whether it is a toy, a car, a tool, or a medical device, you assume that it is safe to use. After all, why would a manufacturer offer a product for sale if it wasn’t safe to use? Why would someone sell something that could hurt consumers through normal use?
Manufacturers are responsible for making their products as safe as possible for consumers. They, along with any stores that carry their products, must warn the public of all danger than can result from using the product. If they fail to do so, it can have devastating consequences.
The unfortunate truth is that many people are seriously injured by defective products every day. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured by a defective product, you may be faced with many unpredicted and tough questions:
How am I going to pay for these medical bills?
What should I do if I think my accident was caused by a defective car part?
What if my child was injured by a toy?
How can I afford to miss work while I recover or care for a loved one?
If you or a loved one has suffered from a serious injury resulting from a defective product, it’s important to know that you are not alone. There is help available and you do not have to suffer and struggle on your own any longer.
We are here to help.
If you have suffered a serious accident or injury related to a defective product, there are important steps that you should take to ensure that you receive the care and the compensation that you need.
· Save the Defective Product: Store the product-along with any manuals, instructions, or accessories that came with it-in a safe place. Don’t throw it away or destroy it. Keeping the evidence intact will be crucial to your case.
· Keep Good Records: Write down any information about the product that may be important. Keep your receipt and make sure information about when and where it was purchased is available. Take photos of the product itself, of any and all injuries sustained, and of the scene of the accident. If there were any witnesses, make sure to get their names, addresses, and telephone numbers. If there was a police report, make sure that you get a copy of it.
· Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer: If you are facing huge medical bills and lost wages as a result of your defective product accident, it’s equally important that you take care of yourself and your family financially as well. Unfortunately, this is rarely an easy process. Dealing with insurance companies and medical bills can be daunting and overwhelming. That’s why it’s so important to find a personal injury lawyer who: 1) has extensive experience with defective product cases and 2) that you trust.
Our experienced product liability lawyers can assist you with any accidents involving:
· A product that was improperly designed
· A product that was manufactured with a defect
· A product that included inadequate instructions and failed to warn consumers about possible defects
To schedule a free consultation with one of our product liability attorneys, call (412) 661-1400 or contact us by e-mail. We handle all personal injury claims on a contingency fee basis, so you pay no attorneys’ fees or costs to us unless we recover compensation for you. Berger and Green offers free home and hospital visits.