Get Compensation For Your Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycles are a fun mode of transportation, but with a smaller profile and an exposed rider, an accident with a negligent driver can lead to severe injuries. The 2018 Pennsylvania Crash Facts & Statistics report from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation reported that there were 2,776 motorcycle accidents that resulted in 2,611 injuries and 164 fatalities.
After an accident, you should not have to pay for the negligence of others. If you have been injured or have lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, a Bethel Park motorcycle accident lawyer from Berger and Green may be able to help you collect compensation for your losses. To speak with a member of the team, call (412) 661-1400. We offer a free consultation and work on a contingency basis, which means you pay no attorney’s fees until your case is settled.
For a free legal consultation with a Motorcycle Accident lawyer serving Bethel Park, call 412-661-1400
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Bethel Park
Motorcycle safety is a topic that the National Safety Council reports on, finding that even though motorcycles only accounted for 3% of registered vehicles, 14% of vehicular fatalities were attributed to motorcycle accidents in 2017.
Some of the common causes that lead to accidents with motorcycles include:
- Failing to see the motorcyclist in blind spots
- Making improper lane changes and turning into the path of a motorcyclist
- Reckless driving behaviors, such as speeding or following too closely
- Being distracted while driving by cellphones, GPS, the radio, or similar devices
- Failing to yield to the motorcyclist
Some contributors to motorcycle accidents have nothing to do with the other drivers, but rather:
- Dangerous road conditions, such as poor lighting, potholes, and uneven pavement
- Environmental hazards, like excessive ice or fog
- Defective equipment on the motorcycle either from the manufacturer or a faulty repair
Once our team determines how your accident occurred, we can begin the process of assigning liability and pursuing compensation for your related expenses.
Bethel Park Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Injuries Sustained in a Bethel Park Motorcycle Accident
According to an article from the Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine, most motorcycle accidents injure the rider’s lower extremities, since they do not have a protective barrier to absorb impact.
Additional injuries may include:
- Cuts, bruises, burns, and road rash
- Broken bones
- Knee and joint injuries with torn ligaments and tendons
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Neck, back, and spinal injuries that could lead to paralysis
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Disfigurement and dismemberment
A Bethel Park motorcycle accident lawyer can assist you with your claim to collect compensation for your losses. Call Berger and Green at (412) 661-1400 for a free consultation with a member of our team.
The Damages You May Recover Following Your Motorcycle Accident
Damages are more than just the repairs to your motorcycle. Damages include everything you lost from the collision. Your Bethel Park motorcycle accident lawyer can help you determine the exact value of your accident-related expenses.
If your case is successful, you may be able to recover compensation for the following:
- Lost pay from your time away from work
- Lost future earnings due to injuries sustained in the accident
- Past, and possibly, future medical expenses for doctors’ visits to ongoing therapy
- Costs to repair or replace damaged property
- Reduced quality of life
- Emotional therapy to deal with depression, anxiety, and other psychological conditions
- Scarring and permanent disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
If you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, please accept our condolences. We can also help you with your wrongful death claim during this difficult time.
You may be able to collect compensation for such things as:
- Burial and funeral costs
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of support and protection
We encourage you to speak with a legal professional shortly following your loved one’s passing, as Pennsylvania has a limited time frame for pursuing this type of claim.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How a Bethel Park Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Following any accident, we recommend that our clients seek medical attention as soon as possible.
There are two reasons for this:
- Hidden injuries. After the accident, you may feel fine because of the adrenaline in your system, but you may also have some invisible injuries. Your doctor or healthcare provider can evaluate you, checking for any afflictions that you may not be aware of. Internal bleeding, brain injury, and other conditions will not immediately appear right after the accident.
- Makes a connection. Following the collision, we recommend you see your doctor as soon as possible, is it links the accident with your injuries. If you wait too long, it provides an opportunity for the insurance company to claim that your injuries came from something other than the accident.
That said, we can assist you in several areas to help build and file a claim for compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Gather any documents related to your accident, such as police and medical reports
- Investigate the scene of the accident and speak with eyewitnesses
- Consult with accident reconstruction and medical experts
- Identify the liable parties, from the other driver to the municipality in charge of maintaining the roads
- Calculate the value of your economic and noneconomic losses
- Negotiate with the at-fault driver’s insurance company for an agreeable settlement
- Represent you through the entire process, even in a trial if necessary
Our team may be able to provide services that we have not listed here. When you work with Berger and Green, our goal is to give each situation the attention it needs to promote its success.
The Deadline to Pursue Compensation
You need to be aware, though, that there is a deadline for pursuing compensation, which is legally known as the statute of limitations. In Pennsylvania, you have two years to file a lawsuit with the courts to pursue compensation under § 5524. Filing a lawsuit is not the same as filing a claim with the insurance company. A lawsuit is typically our last option if we cannot reach a resolution with the other party’s insurer. From there, we would seek a judge’s verdict to get you the compensation you deserve.
Get Started with Berger and Green Today
If you have sustained injuries or have lost a loved one in a Bethel Park motorcycle accident, Berger and Green may be able to help you build a claim to collect compensation for your losses. Call us today at (412) 661-1400 for a free case review.