If you were involved in a motorcycle accident that was not your fault, you could be entitled to financial compensation. An Erie, PA, motorcycle accident lawyer from Berger and Green can review your case, identify the liable party, and name them in an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
If you are the victim of a motorcycle accident, you may be in the hospital, facing multiple surgeries, or at home dealing with chronic pain. If you cannot work right now, you are probably worried about paying the bills and supporting your family. You do not need to face these challenges on your own. Our personal injury team is ready to help you through the legal process and fight for the damages you deserve.
Proving Liability in a Motorcycle Accident Case in Erie
If you are now facing injuries and losses as a result of a motorcycle accident in Erie that was not your fault, you could seek compensation from the at-fault party in a personal injury claim or lawsuit. In many instances, the liable party will be the driver of the other vehicle involved in the crash. However, in some cases, liability rests with a vehicle or auto parts manufacturer, a property owner, or even a negligent pedestrian or bicyclist.
We can investigate your collision, determine the cause of the accident, and hold all those liable financially responsible. To do this, our lawyers will need to prove four elements of negligence. They are the following:
- Duty – The at-fault party had a duty of care to operate in a safe and reasonable manner, obey traffic laws, and cause no harm to others on the road.
- Breach – The at-fault party breached that duty of care by acting in a negligent or reckless way that caused you harm.
- Causation – The breach caused your injuries and other losses.
- Damages – You now have damages as a result of the motorcycle accident.
An Erie motorcycle accident lawyer at Berger and Green can gather evidence, interview eyewitnesses, prove negligence based on the facts, and file a liability insurance claim or civil lawsuit on your behalf. We will also stand up for your rights and best interests and aggressively negotiate for the maximum possible compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a Motorcycle Accident lawyer serving Erie, call 412-661-1400
Compensable Motorcycle Accident Damages
Motorcycle accident injuries can be severe because riders lack the protections other motor vehicles offer, such as seat belts, airbags, or a cab. Common motorcycle accident injuries may include “road rash,” broken bones, head injuries, and spinal cord injuries (SCI). You may face hospitalizations, multiple medical procedures, and a long recovery. If your accident was not your fault, you deserve financial help with your medical bills and other damages.
Fortunately, our Erie motorcycle accident attorneys can help you with a claim for compensation. You may be entitled to two types of damages due to your accident-related injuries. Economic damages are financial losses you have suffered because of the crash. They include:
- Past, current, and future medical expenses – This could include hospital stays, surgeries, medical assistive devices such as a wheelchair, and prescription medications. This may also include future costs such as rehabilitation, physical therapy, or life care.
- Lost wages, benefits, and earnings – This includes back pay for the time you missed from work due to your accident-related injuries. It also includes lost tips, bonuses, or employment benefits.
- Diminished earning capabilities – Perhaps your injuries prevent you from performing your current job duties, and you must find a new career due to the accident. You may even have injuries that require you to leave the workforce permanently.
- Property damage – This would cover the cost of repairing or replacing your motorcycle and other property damaged or destroyed in the crash.
Noneconomic damages include financial recovery for the emotional losses you have suffered due to the accident. They include:
- Pain and suffering – You may be coping with pain every day that prevents you from doing daily activities like cooking for your family or picking your kids up from school.
- Mental anguish – Trauma from the accident may have left you depressed, anxious, or unable to sleep. You may require psychological counseling as part of your recovery.
- Disfigurement or scarring – The accident may have altered your appearance or left you with permanent scars.
- Loss of enjoyment of activities – Your injuries may have taken away hobbies you once enjoyed, such as biking or gardening.
If your loved one suffered a fatal injury in a motorcycle accident, you might be eligible to recover compensation through a wrongful death or survival action. Awards may include the deceased’s medical expenses, funeral and burial costs, and lost income, support, and services. Our attorneys can tell you more about seeking justice for your family member.
Erie Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Do Not Let Pennsylvania’s Statute of Limitations Expire
Every state sets a limit on the amount of time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. In Pennsylvania, you have two years from the date of the accident to file, per Pa. C.S.A. § 5524. If you do not file within that time period, you could lose your opportunity to recover compensation for the accident.
If your loved one suffered a fatal injury, the statute also allows two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit, starting at the time of your loved one’s passing. In addition, you have two years to pursue a survival action, starting when your loved one’s accident occurred.
This is where a motorcycle accident lawyer at our firm can help guide you through the sometimes-convoluted legal process. We can ensure all paperwork is filed on time with the courts so you do not miss any deadlines in your case. Of course, our team will update you with any developments as your case progresses.
Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Work on a Contingency Fee Basis
Another benefit to hiring us to represent you, we work on a contingency fee basis. This means you will never pay anything upfront or out of pocket for our services. We only collect attorney fees if we win a settlement or verdict for you or your family.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Berger and Green About Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident caused by a negligent driver, you might be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering. Do not delay in your journey to seek justice. Let us help you get started down the road to financial recovery immediately.
Contact Berger and Green to schedule a free initial consultation today. A team member can tell you more about our services and how our Erie motorcycle accident lawyers can protect your rights and financial future. Our firm has more than 40 years of experience handling personal injury cases for our clients, so we know what it takes to get the money you deserve. Allow our team to get to work on your case right away.