Recover Compensation for Your Truck Accident
Being injured in a truck accident you for which you are not at fault can be an overwhelming process. Depending on your injuries, you could be looking at a drawn-out recovery process, ongoing medical bills, and an inability to work.
If you are in this situation because of a Bethel Park truck accident, you are not alone. Berger and Green represents truck accident victims like you. A Bethel Park truck accident lawyer from our team may be able to help you recover compensation for the ways this accident has affected your life.
For a free consultation regarding your case, call Berger and Green at (412) 661-1400. We operate on a contingency-fee-basis. This means that our attorneys can fight for your compensation at no up-front costs to you.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accident lawyer serving Bethel Park, call 412-661-1400
We Can Help You Determine Liability in a Truck Accident Case
The liable party in your truck accident case will depend on what type of truck caused your accident. If the driver privately owned the truck, you may have to file a lawsuit against them directly, like you would if a passenger vehicle was at fault.
If the truck belonged to a company whose employee caused your accident on the job, the driver’s employer may be liable for your injuries under the doctrine of vicarious liability. You may also hear this referred to as the principle of respondeat superior.
Vicarious liability means that (Depending on who owned the truck) you can file a lawsuit against:
- A private company
- A corporation
- A government agency, if a municipality or the state-owned the truck
When you hire Berger and Green, our team can research your accident and determine which party is liable. We are not afraid to take on any party that may be responsible for your injuries.
Bethel Park Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
We Will Track Down Evidence to Prove Liability
A key part of your truck accident case will be proving that the truck driver acted in a negligent manner, and that this act caused your injuries.
Negligence in a truck accident case can include:
- A violation of traffic law, such as a failure to yield
- Drunk or intoxicated driving
- A drowsy driver who was not taking mandatory breaks
- An improperly maintained vehicle that broke down and caused an accident
- Improperly secured cargo that caused an accident
- And more
When Berger and Green represent you, we will gather evidence to demonstrate this negligence, which may include:
- Photos, videos, and police records from the scene
- Security or CCTV footage, if available
- Witness statements, including those gathered after the event
- Evidence requested from the truck owner or trucking company
- Testimony from accident reconstruction experts
- Your medical records
- And more
When Berger and Green handle these fundamentals in a personal injury case, our clients can concentrate on their recoveries.
More Tasks a Bethel Park Truck Accident Lawyer Can Accomplish for You
Even if the truck driver’s liability is clear in your case, the process of recovering compensation can be daunting. From evaluating how much money you may deserve, to negotiating with an insurance company, having more help can lighten your load.
When you hire a Bethel Park truck accident lawyer from Berger and Green to represent your case, we can handle all of the legal work, including:
- Communicating with insurance companies and other parties on your behalf
- Identifying the liable party
- Gathering evidence of the responsible party’s liability and the full extent of your injuries
- Negotiating with the responsible party’s insurance company for a settlement offer
- Suing and taking the case to trial if the other party’s insurance company is not willing to make a fair offer
We are respectful to and communicative with our clients. We can be available to answer your questions, provide legal advice, and discuss possible outcomes throughout your case. Call Berger and Green at (412) 661-1400 to discuss your case and how we may be able to represent you. Initial consultation calls are free.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Types of Recoverable Compensation in a Truck Accident Case
If we are able to prove that the truck driver is liable for your injuries, you may be able to recover compensation for the following damages:
- Ambulance ride or emergency room treatment required after the accident
- Your current medical bills and costs of treatment
- The estimated future costs of your treatment
- Lost wages or reduced earning income
- Pain and suffering
- And more
If your family member died in a Bethel Park truck accident, you may be able to recover compensation in a wrongful death lawsuit. The damages in a wrongful death case may include:
- Medical treatment your loved one required prior to their death
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of protection
- Pain and suffering
- And more
Just as your case required evidence of driver liability, it will also require evidence of the extent of your damages to put a value on your case. Berger and Green can help you produce evidence of the full extent of your damages.
Be Aware of the Statute of Limitations in a Truck Accident Case
Pennsylvania has a statute of limitations- Section 5524—or time limit—for how long a victim has to sue in a personal injury case. In most cases, this time limit is two years under § 5524. If you do not take legal action within two years of your accident, you might lose your ability to sue the liable party or parties in court.
Berger and Green can discuss what legal deadlines pertain to your case when you call us for your free consultation. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can get started on your case.
Call Berger and Green Today for More Information
If you sustained injuries in a Bethel Park truck accident, Berger and Green wants to hear from you. We may be able to represent you while you take time away from the legal proceedings and concentrate on your recovery.
Call Berger and Green today for a free consultation at (412) 661-1400. Remember that there are no up-front costs required to retain our services, as our firm operates on a contingency-fee-basis.