W.A.T.C.H.’s Top Ten Unsafe Toys The consumer group, World Against Toys Causing Harm, also known as W.A.T.C.H, has released their list of the “10 worst toys” parents should look out for during their holiday shopping. These “10 worst toys” are unsafe due to their design and hazardous parts that could potentially make them harmful to children.
W.A.T.C.H.’s complete list of 2017’s “worst toys.”
- HALLMARK “ITTY BITTYS” BABY STACKING TOY. Potential choking hazard.
- PULL ALONG PONY. Strangulation and entanglement dangers.
- WONDAR WOMAN BATTLE-ACTION SWORD. Potential to cause blunt force injuries.
- HAND FIDGETZ SPINNERS. Potential choking hazard.
- SPIDER MAN SPIDER DRONE OFFICIAL MOVIE EDITION. Potential for eye and body injuries.
- NERF ZOMBIE STRIKE DEADBOLT CROSSBOW. Potential to cause eye injuries.
- SLACKERS SLACKLINE CLASSIC SERIES KIT. Potential to cause strangulation and fall injuries.
- OVAL XYLOPHONE. Potential for choking and ingestion injuries.
- JETTS HEEL WHEELS. Potential for blunt impact and burn injuries.
- BRIANNA BABYDOLL. Potential for choking injuries.
Recovering compensation after an injury from a defective product
Keep in mind, this is only a short list of toys and represents one group’s findings. According to the Toy Industry Association, all toys for sale on U.S. shelves go through some of the strictest safety requirements in the world.
When choosing toys for children this holiday season, pay attention to the design and features of the toy. This would include small detachable parts, sharp objects and loose cords. Ultimately, choose toys that you feel are fitting for your family.
If your child was injured due to a defective or unsafe toy, contact the personal injury attorneys at Berger and Green today at 412-661-1400. You and your child may be entitled to compensation.
W.A.T.C.H., “2017 10 Worst Toy List”