Millions of car accidents happen every day. These accidents can cause severe injuries and staggering economic losses. You can recover compensation for any accident-related injuries and losses, but you must follow certain procedures and do so within a certain period of time or you could end up with nothing.
Fortunately, you do not need to go through this alone. A Butler County car accident lawyer at Berger and Green can handle your case, gather evidence, and advocate for you throughout the entire process. Give us a call today: 412-661-1400.
What should I do after a car accident?
Get Medical Care
After you safely and legally leave the scene of an accident, make an appointment with your doctor or head to the emergency room. It is always a good idea to have a doctor check you out regardless of whether you think you are injured, as some injuries do not become evident immediately. Let the medical professionals determine the extent of any injuries you may have.
Follow Your Doctor’s Orders
Once you have received treatment, follow your doctor’s orders to the letter. If your injuries require ongoing treatment, make sure you follow up. This will protect your physical and your financial wellbeing. If you do not receive treatment or disobey orders, the other side may argue that you are contributing to your injuries. This can make you partially liable for your injuries and decrease the compensation you may be eligible to receive.
Protect Your Legal Rights
Talk to a Butler County car accident lawyer at Berger and Green as soon as possible if you have been injured due another party’s negligence. Your car accident lawyer will need to investigate your accident and gather evidence to prove the other party’s liability. Evidence can disappear over the passage of time; eyewitnesses can move; and memories can fade.
Our lawyers will also ensure you do not do anything that will harm the dollar value of your case. We will stand between you and the insurance company to keep this from happening.
CAUTION: Never sign anything without first having your lawyer read it. Do not give a recorded or written statement without your lawyer’s approval. Do not tell an insurer you are uninjured; instead, simply say that you are discussing it with your doctor.
Can I get compensation for my medical bills and lost wages?
Yes. You can recover compensation for all accident-related losses, such as:
Medical expenses: These might include surgical bills, medications, ambulance fees, emergency room fees, transportation costs, parking fees, ongoing care costs, etc.
Long-term or permanent disability or disfigurement: Damages can include the cost of any long-term or permanent disability you may have following the initial medical treatment. For example, if you need to renovate your home or your vehicle to make it wheelchair accessible, you can recover compensation for those costs.
Lost wages and loss of earning potential: Your damages can include wages you lost due to the accident, medical treatment, and recuperation. You can also recover compensation for loss of earning potential if you had to take a lower-paying job or retire altogether.
Property damage is a component of your total damages. If your vehicle or its contents sustained damage, you may be entitled to compensation.
Pain and suffering: You can recover compensation for pain and suffering and other noneconomic damages if you have full tort insurance, or if you have limited tort and can prove you suffered a serious injury in your accident. Our car accident attorneys can help you prove you suffered a serious injury.
Why do I need an attorney for my Butler County car accident?
Car accidents leave victims vulnerable. The insurance company will try to take advantage of that vulnerability. It might try to contact you within days of the car accident and get you to accept a settlement before you know how much your case is worth. It might also try to get you to agree to a recorded statement, convince you to admit fault, or persuade you into signing a medical release.
A Berger and Green car accident lawyer will protect you from greedy insurers. We will:
- Manage communication with the insurer. This prevents you from accidentally saying or doing something that can lessen the value of your settlement or lose your right to compensation entirely.
- Gather evidence. Most accident victims do not know what evidence to gather. Even if you do, many accident cases require evidence that the average citizen cannot get. We can subpoena the other driver’s phone records or obtain surveillance video from a nearby business to determine exactly how the accident happened.
- Work with experts to determine the exact value of your claim. Most accident victims are not aware of the dozens of damages that might be available to them, or how to get an accurate value of those damages. We will examine your losses and work with medical, vocational, and psychological experts to determine the value of your case.
- Negotiate with the insurer. Insurers are there to make a profit. This means they will offer you as little as possible. They rely on your desperation and lack of experience with accident claims, hoping that you will just accept what they offer. We will negotiate your claim to get you what you deserve.
- Represent you in court, if necessary. If the insurer refuses to offer you a settlement you deserve, we can take it to court.
Call a Butler County car accident lawyer for a FREE consultation today.
The car accident lawyers at Berger and Green are ready to help you. We will take the work and stress off your back. We will investigate your claim and collect the evidence needed to prove your claim. We will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. And we do all this with no upfront or out-of-pocket fees.
Call us today at 412-661-1400 for your free consultation. Do so quickly; you only have two years to settle your claim or lose your right to compensation.