A serious car accident can completely flip your life upside down — physically, emotionally, and financially. There are various issues that will need your attention, and you are probably feeling quite overwhelmed with it all. This is a normal reaction.
Getting treated for your injuries is top priority, but you will also need to take care of things such as filing an insurance claim, informing your employer that you need time off to recuperate, getting your car fixed or replaced, and finding a way to pay for the resulting medical bills and other expenses, not to mention dealing with the emotional issues that come with sustaining a serious injury.
A Duquesne car accident lawyer at Berger and Green is here to help with all your legal and insurance issues. We can answer any questions you may have about filing a claim, estimate the value of your claim, and help you take the necessary steps to pursue financial compensation for your losses. Call us today at 412-661-1400 for a free, no obligation consultation.
What steps do I take after a car accident in Duquesne?
Car accidents are all too common across Pennsylvania. If you are ever involved in a car accident in Duquesne, there are several steps you should take to take care of yourself and protect your rights:
- Call 911 and try to remain calm as you wait for paramedics and the police to arrive.
- If possible, move yourself and your vehicle to a safe location out of the way of traffic.
- Render aid to anyone that needs it. (Do not move an injured person unless it is absolutely necessary.)
- Provide necessary information to the police.
- Seek medical attention. Even if you do not think your injuries are severe, get an evaluation to note the accident on your medical file and protect yourself legally.
- Write down the other driver’s name, license number, and insurance information.
- Collect evidence, such as photos of the scene and damage to the cars, eyewitness contact information and statements, and a copy of the police report.
- Contact an attorney from Berger and Green to briefly go over the accident and get advice on how to best handle your claim.
- Contact the insurance company to report the accident and begin the claims process.
- Continue with your medical treatment and keeping track of your accident-related expenses so that you can seek appropriate reimbursement.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Duquesne, call (412) 661-1400
Do I need a Duquesne car accident lawyer to file a claim?
An insurance company’s #1 goal is to pay injured victims as little as possible for an accident. In many cases, this means insurers will resort to tricking vulnerable accident victims out of thousands of dollars. They might try to:
- Offer you a quick, lowball settlement, especially if you have not had enough time to determine the true severity of your injuries.
- Trick you into admitting fault, or admitting that your injuries are not as serious as you claim.
- Have you sign a medical release form so they can examine your medical records and pin your injuries on a previous accident or preexisting condition.
Our car accident lawyers at Berger and Green have been helping Duquesne accident victims with their claims for over 40 years. We know the insurers’ tricks and how to defend against them.
We are a full-service personal injury law firm which means that we can help with any and all aspects of your car accident case. We can file paperwork, gather evidence, help you place a value on your claim, negotiate with insurance companies, and tell your side of the story in a clear, detailed manner so that you can get the full settlement award that you deserve.
And because we have a “You do not pay unless you win your case” fee policy, there is no risk in using our services. To learn more about our firm and how we can help you with your car accident case, call 412-661-1400.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (412) 661-1400
How much is my car accident claim worth?
The value of your claim depends on several factors, including the extent of your injuries, the insurance policies involved, and fault. Some claims may be worth several thousand, while others may be worth millions.
We can assess your losses and expenses and estimate how much your car accident case is worth. A few of our attorneys at Berger and Green are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a prestigious group of attorneys who have won million- and multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts for their clients. We know how to advocate for victims’ best interests and fight for maximum compensation.
You may be able to recover damages for things such as:
- Medical bills, including hospital bills, surgeries, prescriptions, specialist appointments, future care, and rehabilitation
- Loss of wages, loss of benefits, reduced capacity to work
- Disability, scarring, and disfigurement
- Emotional injuries, e.g., depression, anxiety disorders, and post-traumatic stress disorder (not uncommon in serious accidents)
- The effect of your injuries on your career, family, and well-being
Family members of people who sustained fatal injuries from a car accident may also be eligible to file a claim and collect damages for their losses.
What types of car accident cases does Berger and Green handle?
With over four decades of service, our lawyers at Berger and Green have handled just about every type of car accident scenario imaginable. Below are just a few examples of claims we can facilitate:
- Drunk driving accidents
- Texting while driving accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Multi-car collisions
- Car accidents while on the job
- Passenger car accidents with semi-trucks
- Uninsured and underinsured drivers
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Accidents caused by defective cars
- Hit and run accidents
- Car accidents involving carriers and public transit
- Disputed/shared fault accidents
- Fatal accidents
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Talk to a Duquesne car accident lawyer for FREE.
For a free consult with a car accident lawyer in Duquesne, call Berger and Green. Feel free to bring a list of any questions you have to the meeting. We will listen to your story, address your questions, and explain the next steps in the claims process. Let us help you get the full amount of damages that you are entitled to.
Contact us at 412-661-1400 today.