- How Does Negligence Contribute to Slip and Fall Injuries?
- What Can a Duquesne Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer do for You?
- What Damages Can You Demand in Slip and Fall Injury Cases?
- Where Can a Slip and Fall Injury Accident Happen?
- We Take Slip and Fall Injury Cases on Contingency
- Work With a Duquesne Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer
Berger and Green wants to fight for you if you suffered injuries in a fall on someone else’s property. Our personal injury firm has more than 40 years of experience advocating for the rights of accident victims.
If someone else’s negligence caused you to suffer a slip and fall injury, you can demand compensation for any economic and non-economic damages you suffered. Our Duquesne slip and fall injury lawyers have a firm commitment to putting our clients first and helping them get the compensation they deserve.
How Does Negligence Contribute to Slip and Fall Injuries?
Negligence or carelessness by a property owner can take many different forms. In the case of slip and fall injuries, negligence may be in play when property owners don’t maintain safe premises. Anytime a property owner or authorized agent of the owner doesn’t proactively prevent conditions that could reasonably lead to a slip and fall injury, the injured party may be able to hold them financially accountable.
In addition to proactively preventing these types of dangerous conditions, property owners must take demonstrable steps to remedy fall hazards after becoming aware of them. Even if your slip and fall injury was caused by a condition the owner was unaware of, you may still have recourse. Our slip and fall injury lawyers may be able to build a case that the negligent party could have or should have known the potential hazard existed.
Examples of conditions that could cause slip and fall injuries include, but are not limited to:
- Slippery or wet surfaces (e.g., recently mopped or waxed floors, floors with spills)
- Failing to alert visitors to the property of potential slip or fall hazards (e.g., no “Wet Floor” or “Slippery When Wet” caution signs)
- Uneven walkways, such as cracked or broken concrete on walkways at the property
- Allowing walkways and hallways to be blocked or obstructed
For a free legal consultation with a Slip and Fall Injury lawyer serving Duquesne, call 412-661-1400
What Can a Duquesne Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer do for You?
The most important thing a Duquesne slip and fall injury attorney from our firm can do is put your interests first. In many slip and fall cases, the property owner (or their agent) may carry liability insurance that covers them in the event of an accident. However, that coverage is more for their benefit than yours. The insurance company representing the negligent party will likely place their profits above your best interest.
In a situation where you’re already hurt, having an experienced slip and fall accident injury lawyer fighting for your rights could make a difference. The only bottom line we’re concerned with is yours. Regardless of whether the insurance denies liability or makes an offer that doesn’t cover your damages, we will fight for you. It’s our mission to help you get the compensation you deserve, even if it hurts the insurance company’s bottom line.
We do that by building a strong case for you. We’ll conduct a thorough investigation to demonstrate negligence in your case. Part of that process includes witness interviews, searching for any video footage of your accident, and researching the property’s history. If we uncover previous slip and fall accidents or other evidence of negligence, it could strengthen your case.
We Can Negotiate for You in a Slip and Fall Injury Case
Negotiating with the negligent party or their insurance company is one of the most challenging aspects of a slip and fall injury case. Our slip and fall injury lawyers will negotiate directly with the property owner or their insurance company. Our chief concern in these negotiations is getting you what you deserve, not protecting stockholder profits. If we don’t strike a good deal in negotiations, we’re not afraid to fight for you in court.
Duquesne Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
What Damages Can You Demand in Slip and Fall Injury Cases?
You have the right to demand compensation for economic losses you experience because of being injured in a slip and fall accident. Examples of the economic damages you can demand include:
- Payment or reimbursement for medical bills
- Compensation for lost income or money you can’t earn while you are injured
- Cost of transportation (e.g., ambulance or airlift) to the hospital after your slip and fall
- Long-term payments in the event of permanent loss of income or your inability to continue your career
However, economic damages are not the limit of what a slip and fall injury lawyer can demand on your behalf. Pennsylvania law allows us to demand compensation for your non-economic damages, as well. Examples of non-economic damages in a slip and fall injury case include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment or diminished quality of life
- Mental anguish and emotional upheaval
Where Can a Slip and Fall Injury Accident Happen?
A slip and fall injury can literally happen anywhere hazardous conditions are allowed to exist. Some common places where slip and fall injuries occur include:
- Private residences (e.g., homes, condominiums, apartment complexes)
- Private businesses (e.g., restaurants, retail stores, auto shops
- Government property (e.g., schools, parks, administrative offices)
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Take Slip and Fall Injury Cases on Contingency
Berger and Green will take your slip and fall injury case on a contingency basis. We will not bill you for our services unless we win your case. It’s that easy.
Work With a Duquesne Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer
If you’ve recently been hurt in a slip and fall accident, you may have questions about how to move forward. No matter what those questions may be, Berger and Green is here to answer them. Helping people in your situation is all part of our commitment to being a “client first” personal injury firm.
We offer free consultations to any prospective clients. It won’t cost you anything to reach out to us and discuss your case. Call our office today, and Berger and Green will handle the rest.