A Bellevue Personal Injury Lawyer could help you go after the compensation you deserve from the liable party. Trying to navigate the injury claim process with a well-defended insurance company opposing you can be overwhelming. You do not have to face the legal process and the fight for your recovery by yourself.
Berger and Green have dedicated their careers to fighting for the underdog. We want you to recover all the compensation you deserve for your injuries. We can help you get there. While you focus on your recovery, we will make your claim, negotiate for compensation, and defend your rights with insurance adjusters in court.
Three Pitfalls to Avoid in a Bellevue Premises Liability Injury Claim
Sometimes, an injured person ends up getting less money than they deserve because of a small mistake. Here are three examples of pitfalls you will want to avoid after a Belleview slip and fall injury:
- Accepting a lowball settlement offer. Most people have no idea how much a fair settlement should be. We can review your financial losses and future needs to calculate what you deserve. Without access to information like this, you would have to go on trusting that your settlement offer is reasonable.
- Settling your Bellevue premises liability injury case before your doctor releases you from treatment. Until that point, you do not know if you will need additional treatment for your injuries. If you had already settled your injury claim with the defendant and found out that you will need additional treatment, they would not be obligated to pay you anymore, so you would have to pay for those additional medical bills out-of-pocket.
- Posting on social media. Anything you post on social media, including photos or comments, could be used against you in your injury claim. It is often prudent to take a social media break until after the claim gets resolved.
We provide much more guidance to our clients than these three examples. If we handle your slip and fall injury claim, we will talk to you about specific recommendations in your situation.
For a free legal consultation with a Slip and Fall Injury lawyer serving Bellevue, call 412-661-1400
Factors We Must Show to Win a Premises Liability Case in Bellevue, PA
A successful slip and fall injury claim must show all of these elements to establish the negligence (and therefore the liability) of the defendant:
- The property owner owed you a duty of care.
- The property owner breached that care by allowing a dangerous condition that they knew of or should have known of on the property. For instance, an owner failed to correct a known defect, failed to post sufficient warnings of the defect or failed to block off the area.
- The owner’s failure to take reasonable measures to prevent harm caused you to slip and fall.
- When you fell because of the dangerous condition, you suffered a physical injury and other losses.
These factors determine the liability of the landowner. After proving the property owner’s legal responsibility for the injury, the plaintiff can proceed to the damages phase of the claim or trial.
Potentially Liable Parties in a Slip and Fall Accident
The property owner isn’t the only potentially liable party. Many different people can be responsible for the maintenance of a property, so any one of them could share responsibility for your injuries. Other liable parties could include:
- Property managers
- Maintenance technicians
- Other residents or guests
- Property inspectors
Whoever is responsible for your injuries, we will gather evidence to demonstrate their liability for your losses.
Bellevue Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Types of Recoverable Monetary Damages
Your damages claim will depend on the specific circumstances of your accident, injuries, and losses. These are some of the common categories of compensation injured people can pursue after getting injured in slip and fall accidents:
- Lost income. If you missed paychecks when you were away from the job recuperating from your injuries, we can claim those lost wages.
- Lost future income. If you have lingering problems from your wounds, and these impairments adversely affect your ability to earn a living in the future, you might be able to seek compensation for this lost earning capacity. Examples of impairments that could affect a person’s livelihood include chronic pain, weakness, loss of function, and decreased range of motion.
- Medical bills. Typically, a person injured due to the negligence of another person can go after the reasonable cost of the medical treatment they need for their injuries. Your medical expenses could include the ambulance, emergency room, doctor visits, diagnostic procedures, operations, physical therapy, prescription drugs, and pain management.
- Personal losses. Pain and suffering damages refer to the physical discomfort, emotional distress, and inconvenience of the accident and resulting injuries. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), many people lose their mobility because of fall injuries. Losing mobility can decrease a person’s enjoyment of life.
Your Berger and Green attorney can talk to you about the ways that your injuries have impacted your life, so we can demand appropriate compensation for your suffering.
The Pennsylvania Slip and Fall Statute of Limitations
Don’t wait too long to talk to us about your premises liability injury case. In Pennsylvania, Pa. C.S.A. § 5524 limits you to two years to file a lawsuit from the date of the accident (or discovery of your injuries). After the filing deadline, our state’s laws could bar you from pursuing compensation.
Some people make the mistake of ignoring the deadline to file a lawsuit because they want to negotiate a settlement. The problem is, after the statute of limitations expires, the insurance company will use this passed deadline as a means to limit or deny your compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Getting Started with a Bellevue Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer at Our Firm
At Berger and Green, we are passionate about helping people who get hurt because of someone else’s negligence. We take the time to listen and answer your questions. We keep you updated on the status of your case. We treat our clients with respect and compassion.
You can reach out to us today for a free consultation. There is no obligation.