Pennsylvania Driver’s Negligence
Driving is stressful. Sitting in traffic or getting cut off by someone can be extremely frustrating. Most of us might be angry for a minute or two and then let it go. But what happens when drivers let their anger get the best of them? What happens when another driver’s “road rage” causes an accident? What do you do? Where do you turn? Can you hold the driver responsible for his or her actions?
Under Pennsylvania law, if you can prove the other driver’s negligence caused your accident, you may be able to file a claim against that driver and recover compensation for your injuries. Accident claims can be tricky; you will want to enlist the help of a road rage accident lawyer in Pittsburgh to help manage your claim.
Our attorneys at Berger and Green know how the law works and how tricky it can be to navigate a road rage accident. But we have a proven record of success. And we are so sure that we can help get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries that we will not accept a dime from you unless we recover a favorable result. So call us today to schedule a consultation: 412-661-1400.
For a free legal consultation with a road rage accident lawyer serving Pittsburgh, call 412-661-1400
What is road rage?
According to Merriam Webster, road rage is “a motorist’s uncontrolled anger that is usually provoked by another motorist’s irritating act and is expressed in aggressive or violent behavior.”
Road rage behaviors include:
- Obscene or violent hand gestures
- Reckless driving (e.g., swerving in and out of lanes of traffic, speeding, cutting off other drivers, trying to beat/running red lights, etc.)
- Confronting you or other drivers
- Purposefully hitting another car
- Trying to run another driver off the road
- Attempting to keep another driver from changing lanes
The reason road rage is so dangerous is because anger can entirely consume drivers and make them forget about the duty they owe other drivers. When this happens, these reckless drivers can cause serious or fatal accidents.
If you are involved in a road rage accident, you may be entitled to file a claim to recover compensation for your injuries and property damage.
Pittsburgh Road Rage Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
How to Prove Fault On the Part of a Driver with Road Rage
For your road rage accident case to hold any weight, you must be able to prove fault, or negligence, on behalf of the driver. This is where collecting evidence will be important.
In some cases, proving negligence will be easy enough. Since many road rage accidents are the result of aggressive driving, often you will simply need to show proof of speeding, tailgating, or other reckless driving that led to your accident.
You can establish that aggressive driving led to your accident through:
- Eyewitness testimony from other drivers or pedestrians
- Police reports (these reports will likely contain any tests or citations an officer issued)
- Any traffic camera footage available from the area where your accident occurred
- Any damage to your car
What damages can I recover?
You can file a lawsuit to request compensation for:
- Any medical expenses (e.g., hospital bills, medications, surgery costs, costs of transportation to and from doctor’s appointments, renovating your home or vehicle to accommodate your disability, etc.)
- Damages to your vehicle or other property
- Lost wages (either current or future)
- And pain and suffering the accident causes you to experience
To establish your damages, you can provide medical records, medical bills, pay stubs, W-2s, auto shop receipts, gas bills, and a pain journal (to show pain and suffering/how the injury affects your daily life).
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Pittsburgh’s Road Rage Accident Attorneys
The accident attorneys at Berger and Green understand that dealing with the aftermath of a car accident can be challenging, frustrating, and scary, especially when it is the result of the actions of an angry and aggressive driver.
That is why we work so hard to make things as effortless as possible for all of our clients. To make our clients’ lives just a bit easier, we offer:
- Free case evaluations
- Free home and hospital visits
- Zero attorney fees unless we get you a successful verdict or settlement
We have helped thousands of clients and we are confident that our hard work will pay off for you too. We have a history of showing negligent drivers and their attorneys that we are willing to go to trial for our clients and will not accept any low-ball settlements.
If you or a loved one suffered severe or fatal injuries in a road rage accident in or around Pittsburgh, give us a call and see how we can help you get your life back on track.
We will not allow the negligent actions of one person ruin the lives of others. We will fight tooth and nail to get you the recovery that you need and deserve.
Contact us today: 412-661-1400.