What is Considered a Serious Injury?

When an individual is involved in any type of accident, the injuries can range from mild to catastrophic or severe. When an injury is so severe that it changes a person’s life, the claim deserves to be handled in a way that will provide adequate compensation.

A serious injury can include:

  • Death, dismemberment, or serious permanent disfigurement or impairment of a bodily function
  • Fractures
  • Burns
  • Amputation
  • Spinal Cord Injuries
  • Scarring
  • Paralysis: paraplegia, quadriplegia
  • Nerve injury or damage
  • Traumatic brain injury (TBI)

A serious injury is an injury caused by the negligence of someone else that prevents the injured party from performing their normal daily activities for a significant period.

When an injury is so severe, one must take into account their present and future needs.

Sometimes an injury is so severe that you will never be able to return to work or do the work you once did. In these cases, and individual may also be eligible for Long Term Disability or Social Security Disability benefits. An attorney can help you understand if you are a candidate for these benefits and help you throughout the process.

For a free legal consultation, call (412) 661-1400

Suffering from a serious injury can bring distress over your health and recovery. You may be wondering whether you will be able to return to work and how you will pay for past and future medical care. Our attorneys understand your circumstances and needs. We will work with you and your family to determine the best outcome possible.

Recovering compensation after an accident.
The attorneys at Berger and Green will help you through the complexities of these types of cases.
We understand that no amount of money can truly compensate you for what you have been through, but our attorneys will fight to obtain the compensation you need to move forward with your life.
Call 412-661-1400 to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Pittsburgh at Berger and Green today.

Call or text (412) 661-1400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form