According to W.A.T.C.H, one child is treated in U.S. emergency rooms every three minutes due to a toy-related injury.
For a free legal consultation, call (412) 661-1400
The consumer group, World Against Toys Causing Harm, also known as W.A.T.C.H, has released their list of the “10 worst toys” parents should look out for during their holiday shopping. These “10 worst toys” are unsafe due to their design and hazardous parts that could potentially make them harmful to children.
With children spending more time at home than in other years, it is important to provide them with safe activities and toys.
W.A.T.C.H.’s complete list of 2020’s “worst toys.”
- Calico Critters Nursery Friends. Potential choking hazards.
- Missile Launcher. Potential for eye and facial injuries.
- Marvel Avengers Vibranium Power FX Claw. Potential for eye and facial injuries.
- Gloria Owl. Potential for ingestion.
- WWE Jumbo Superstar Fists. Potential for blunt force and impact injuries.
- Sci-Fi Slime. Potential for chemical-related injuries.
- Boomerang Interactive Stunt UFO. Potential for propellor-related injury.
- Boom City Racers. Potential for eye and facial injuries.
- My Sweet Love Lots of Love Babies Minis. Potential choking hazard.
- Star Wars Mandalorian Darksaber. Potential for blunt force and eye injuries.
To see the list with photos, click here.
Recovering compensation after an injury from a defective product
Keep in mind, this is only a shortlist of toys and represents one group’s findings. According to the Toy Industry Association, all toys for sale on U.S. shelves go through some of the strictest safety requirements in the world.
When choosing toys for children this holiday season, pay attention to the design and features of the toy. This would include small detachable parts, sharp objects, and loose cords. Ultimately, choose toys that you feel are fitting for your family.
If your child was injured due to a defective or unsafe toy, contact the personal injury attorneys at Berger and Green today at 412-661-1400. You and your child may be entitled to compensation.