Personal injury occurs when someone suffers mental and/or physical injuries due to the negligence or fault of another party.
If you or a loved one have been injured due to a personal injury incident, you may be entitled to compensation. Compensation can include money for your injuries, medical bills and pain and suffering.
There are many types of personal injuries that can occur from many different accidents.
Some of the most common personal injury claims we see are:
If you decide to file a personal injury claim against the at fault party, you will have to prove that his or her negligence caused your injury.
Personal Injury cases can become complex. One thing victims can do to help build their case is to preserve any evidence they can at the scene/time of accident.
- Notify proper authorities or management.
- Get a police report. A police report will provide much needed documentation that will help further your claim.
- Take as many pictures as you can of the scene.
- If possible, obtain witnesses information.
- Seek medical treatment. The injuries will then be reported in your medical records which can be used for your claim.
- Contact an experienced personal injury attorney to help build your case.
Recovering compensation after an injury.
If you or a loved one were injured in an accident, do not assume the accident was your fault. You may have the right to recover money for medical bills, wage loss and pain and suffering.
Contact the personal injury attorneys at Berger and Green at 412-661-1400 for a free no obligation consultation to discuss your case today.
It is important when pursuing a claim to collect evidence before any repairs are made or any materials are disposed of. Contact the personal injury attorneys at Berger and Green at 412-661-1400 for a free no obligation consultation.