Do I need a lawyer to handle my car accident claim?


You don’t need a lawyer to handle your car accident claim if you don’t want to make full claim recovery. Many people try to do themselves when they end up getting hurt. The insurance carrier has no interest in what happen to you other than getting your name on a release for the cheapest price that they can. You have no idea about the value of your claim. You’ve no way of figuring out whether it’s a good settlement or a bad settlement. So in sense, while you don’t need a lawyer, you really do need a lawyer.

For a free legal consultation, call (412) 661-1400

How much does it cost to hire a car accident attorney?


It costs nothing to hire a car accident attorney or an attorney to represent you in an accident case. Attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. What that means is, they invest their time and talent, trying to make a recovery in your behalf. If they’re unable to, they do not charge you any money. If they’re successful in making a claim in your behalf, they’re paid the percentage of what you recover either by settlement or by verdict.

Do I have to talk to the other driver’s insurance company?


No, you do not have to talk to the other driver’s insurance company, you should never talk to the other driver’s insurance company. All they’re going to want to do is to get information to figure out how to denigrate or deny your claim.

Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today

What if I felt fine after a car accident but notice an injury later?


Well, sometimes you can be involved in a car accident and you think you’re okay and the next day you wake up and you’re stiff and you’re sore and what you should do is see your doctor or go to the emergency room and get checked out. Sometimes, you’re just sore and sometimes you could have something seriously wrong with you but again, it’s very important that you figure out whether or not you sustain injuries in a motor vehicle accident and the only way you’re going to do that is if you seek your doctor’s advice or the advice at an emergency room.

Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now

Will my auto insurance or health insurance pay my medical cost?


If you’re involved in motor vehicle accident, your medical expenses are paid for by your own auto insurance and they pay in accordance with what you purchased. And if your medical expenses exceed your first party benefits then you fall back on your underlying health care insurance and they will pay your medical expenses and they may or may not have a lean or right of subrogation from your third party recovery.

What should I do if the other driver doesn’t have insurance or enough insurance?


If you’re hit by a driver who has no insurance then you would have a claim for uninsured motorist benefits coverage which you had purchased in your own policy. If the person had insufficient insurance money to fully compensate you for your injuries you would have a claim for additional compensation again against your own insurance company for underinsured motorist benefits. Those benefits are purchased by you and the amount of coverage you have is determined by the amount of liability coverage that you purchased at that time the you obtained your policy.

I believe someone other than the other driver is responsible for my crash, can I sue this third party?


If you’re involved in an accident and you’re injured, you have a right to make a claim against any negligent party and that could include your own driver, another driver or property owner who didn’t trim their bushes and obscured an intersection.

If I was a passenger in a car whose driver caused a crash, do I have a claim?


Yes you do. You would have a claim against any negligent party that would include someone else who caused the crash or perhaps against your own driver in addition if they were partially responsible for this accident. As a passenger, your claim is against anybody who was at fault for your injuries.

LAURENCE B.GREEN ATTORNEY,BERGER AND GREEN | author of Injured In An Accident : What You Need to Know

Call or text (412) 661-1400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form