Do I Need Uninsured Motorist Coverage

For a free legal consultation, call (412) 661-1400

Do I Need Uninsured Motorist Coverage?

As a driver, it is always important to protect yourself on the road. This includes carrying the right insurance for yourself and your vehicle.

Uninsured motorist (UM) coverage is not a requirement for drivers in the state of Pennsylvania. The law does require all licensed drivers to carry liability insurance; however, many drivers do not comply with this law. This is where uninsured motorist coverage can help you.

Uninsured motorist coverage can pay for your injuries and property damage against accidents caused by an uninsured driver. In the event of a hit and run, it could be a primary source of recovery for injuries and damages to your vehicle. 

Underinsured motorist coverage is also offered alongside, uninsured motorist coverage. This type of coverage is needed when the other driver has some bodily injury liability coverage, but it is not enough to cover the expenses related to the injuries you sustained.

Many times, there are additional sources of insurance that can be discovered by an experienced attorney.

Recovering compensation after an accident.

If you or a loved one were injured in a hit and run accident, contact the personal injury attorneys at Berger and Green. Our attorneys will provide you with a free no obligation consultation to evaluate your case. Call 412-661-1400 to speak with an attorney today.

Call or text (412) 661-1400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form