- Pittsburgh Unsuccessful Left Turn Accident Attorneys
- Are You Worried About Being Able to Afford a Lawyer?
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Left Turn Accident?
- Who Was At-Fault for My Left Turn Accident?
- Should I Accept the Insurance Company’s First Offer?
- What Can I Recover from My Left Turn Accident Case?
Pittsburgh Unsuccessful Left Turn Accident Attorneys
A poorly executed left turn can lead to a severe or deadly accident. If you suffered an injury in a left turn accident caused by another driver’s negligence, you might be entitled to compensation. Unfortunately, obtaining the compensation you need is often quite difficult, especially if you are recovering from serious injuries or dealing with unfair insurers.
You do not need to handle this alone. For help from a Pittsburgh car accident lawyer with experience in dealing with left turn accidents call Berger and Green today: 412-661-1400. Our Pittsburgh personal injury lawyers are here to help you with a free consultation night and day.
For a free legal consultation with a Left Turn Accident lawyer serving Pittsburgh, call 412-661-1400
Are You Worried About Being Able to Afford a Lawyer?
You might be putting off getting a lawyer because you are afraid you cannot afford it.
Here are two important things to know about paying for a Berger and Green accident lawyer:
- You do not pay to discuss your case with our team. We offer free consultations to determine whether you have a valid case and to give advice on how to move forward.
- It costs you nothing upfront to hire a car accident lawyer. If we take your case, you pay no upfront, out-of-pocket costs until you win your case. If you win, we take a portion of what you recovered.
Pittsburgh Left Turn Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Do I Need a Lawyer After a Left Turn Accident?
The law does not require you obtain legal representation for a car accident case. You can negotiate with the insurance company and even go to court without a lawyer.
However, if you handle your case alone, you will need to stand up against people with more experience in the insurance and legal systems and may not get a fair settlement. You will need to manage your entire case alone, gathering the necessary evidence and building a case to establish why the other party is at-fault for your accident.
Without a lawyer in your corner, the insurance company might take advantage of your vulnerability and get you to accept less than you deserve.
It can be hard to determine who is at fault for a left turn accident. You need an experienced accident attorney like those at Berger and Green to find proof.
Who Was At-Fault for My Left Turn Accident?
Any party that behaves negligently can be at-fault. In a left turn accident, the left turn driver is often the party who acted negligently. This is because, under Pennsylvania law, a driver turning left against oncoming traffic (i.e., turning without a green turn arrow) must wait until traffic has cleared. If a driver turns without yielding to oncoming traffic, he is likely liable for any injuries that occur.
However, this does not apply in every situation. The driver going straight can be fully or partially at-fault for the accident if she:
- Ran a red light
- Sped up to beat a yellow light
To prove the other driver was at-fault, you may need evidence such as:
- Eyewitness testimony
- Surveillance video
- Red light camera footage
- Photos of the accident scene (e.g., skid marks, each vehicle’s position, etc.)
- The police report (will include any citations you or the other driver received)
- Testimony from an accident reconstruction expert
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Should I Accept the Insurance Company’s First Offer?
No. In most cases, the insurance company’s first offer will be much less than you need to cover your accident-related losses. Because the insurance company wants to pay you as little as possible, it may offer to settle right away before you know how serious your injuries are.
The settlement might seem hefty, but what if your injuries turn out to be permanent or will take longer to heal than expected? What if you can no longer work? What if you or a family member will need lifelong care? How will you know if you are asking for enough money?
Unless you know your full prognosis, you could lose out on thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars.
What Can I Recover from My Left Turn Accident Case?
In any Pittsburgh accident, you may be able to recover compensation for all your economic damages, such as:
- Medical expenses (both current and estimated future expenses)
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity (if you must take a lesser-paying job or retire completely)
- Other accident-related damages (e.g., the cost of renovating your home or vehicle to accommodate your disability, parking fees at your doctor’s office, gas to get to and from appointments, etc.)
Whether you are eligible to recover noneconomic damages depends on whether you opted for full tort or limited tort when you purchased your car insurance policy. If you opted for full tort, you can recover compensation for noneconomic damages such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, and loss of quality of life.
If you have a limited tort policy, you must establish one of the following:
- The driver was drunk.
- The other driver’s vehicle was registered in another state.
- The other driver has no insurance.
- The other driver caused the crash on purpose to injure himself or another.
- You have a “serious injury” as defined by law.
Pennsylvania car insurance laws say a “serious injury” is any injury leading to:
- Serious impairment of body function or
- Permanent serious disfigurement
Less severe injuries may count but depend on the facts of the case.
Can you get money for pain and suffering? Only if we can establish:
- Your injuries interfere with what you do in your daily life
- Your injuries stop you from enjoying the life you had before the accident.
How Can Berger and Green Help Me?
We will handle your case from start to finish. This might include:
- Looking for proof of what caused the crash
- Analyzing accident reports
- Getting statements from eyewitnesses
- Finding experts to re-create your accident, if needed
- Adding up your medical bills, damages, lost wages, and future costs to determine the value of your settlement
- Handling all communication with the insurance company
- Negotiating with the insurance company
- Filing a lawsuit if the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement
- Meeting court deadlines
- Finding expert witnesses to testify for you
Call Berger and Green to Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
A left turn accident can be a terrifying experience. The aftermath, dealing with insurers and attempting to get the compensation you deserve, can seem even worse. But you have someone in your corner, protecting you and fighting for your right to compensation.
Call Berger and Green for a free consultation. If you cannot travel due to your injuries, our lawyers will meet with you at the hospital or in your home. Trust your case to us: 412-661-1400.