If you suffered injuries in a truck accident, you may be feeling mentally and emotionally exhausted. Truck accident victims often experience financial strain because of the costly medical expenses associated with a severe injury. Luckily, you have options for recovering compensation. If you hire a Fox Chapel truck accident lawyer from our firm, we can fight for your financial recovery.
When another party is to blame for your Fox Chapel truck collision, you should not be responsible for the resulting financial consequences. You may be able to recover compensation for all your accident-related expenses by filing an insurance claim or lawsuit against the liable party. Our team is prepared to help you hold the at-fault party accountable for the damage they caused.
What Can Our Fox Chapel Truck Accident Attorney Do for Your Case?
When you retain our Fox Chapel personal injury lawyer, they can handle all the legal tasks in your case. You can focus on your recovery while we:
- Investigate the cause of your accident: Your attorney will investigate how the crash happened. If reckless driving, distracted driving, or driver fatigue contributed to your accident, we can use this information to prove liability.
- Handle insurance negotiations: You don’t need to worry about negotiating for a fair settlement when you hire our Fox Chapel team. We can speak with insurers on your behalf and ensure you are not settling for less money than you deserve.
- Speak to witnesses: Your lawyer can contact any party that witnessed your accident. Witness statements can strengthen your case and prove that you did not cause the truck crash.
- Collect evidence: Your medical records, photos, videos, police report, and bills may be useful evidence in your case. We will add any evidence we gather to your file and use it to help you pursue compensation.
At Berger and Green, our team has years of experience working with injured truck accident victims. You are not alone in your fight for justice.
We Can Take Your Truck Accident Case on a Contingency-Fee Basis
You do not need to worry about how much a lawyer costs when you hire an attorney from Berger and Green. We work with injured truck accident clients on a contingency-fee basis,meaning you don’t owe us any money upfront or out-of-pocket when you hire us.
Instead, our team receives a percentage of your compensation as payment for our legal services. We cover all the costs of pursuing your case until it is won or settled.
For a free legal consultation with a Truck Accident lawyer serving Fox Chapel, call 412-661-1400
You Could Recover Damages After Suffering Injuries in a Truck Collision
Injured truck accident victims can recover damages from the at-fault party. The amount of compensation you can recover will depend on the details of your case. How severely you were injured and the way your injuries impact your life may affect how much money you recover in your final settlement.
In addition, the kinds of damages you are eligible to claim may depend on whether you meet the tort threshold to file a lawsuit in Pennsylvania. Our attorneys will review your case to assess litigation as a possibility.
Types of Damages in Truck Accident Cases
Generally, injured victims in Fox Chapel can recover economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages reimburse you for the financial losses you suffered because of the accident. Non-economic damages account for your personal losses.
Some examples of recoverable economic damages include:
- Lost income, if you are not able to return to work because of your injuries
- Reduced earning capacity, if your injuries forced you to switch to a lower-paying job
- Property damage, such as the costs of repairing or replacing your vehicle
- Your medical expenses, including the cost of doctor’s appointments, prescription medications, and travel to appointments
You may also be able to recover non-economic damages such as:
- Loss of enjoyment of life, if your truck accident injuries do not allow you to participate in activities you once enjoyed
- Physical pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
Our team will analyze your case to determine the damages you could recover after your truck accident. We can assign a value to your non-economic damages to ensure you are demanding appropriate compensation.
Fox Chapel Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Don’t Wait To File Your Lawsuit in Pennsylvania
In some truck accident cases, victims can reach a fair settlement through an insurance claim. Other times, filing a lawsuit may be in a victim’s best interest.
If you decide to sue the at-fault party for compensation, you have a limited amount of time to do so. The personal injury statute of limitations, or Pa. C.S.A. § 5524, states that you typically have two years to take legal action. There is a statute of limitations to file a wrongful death lawsuit, as well.
Our attorneys can interpret the statute of limitations for your situation as well as possible exceptions that can shorten this timeline. Protect your right to compensation and leave the deadlines to us.
Our Fox Chapel Team Is Prepared To Identify the Liable Party in Your Accident
If you are eligible to file a lawsuit, you won’t be able to secure compensation until you prove that another party was the reason you were injured. Our team can help you determine liability. You could seek compensation from more than one party if we discover that multiple people are to blame for your accident.
Possible liable parties could include:
- A truck driver that was operating their vehicle while tired, distracted, or under the influence
- A trucking company manager, who may have scheduled their employee to drive for too many hours
- A cargo loader who overloaded the truck
- A maintenance worker that did not maintain the truck properly
Some accidents may be caused by driver error, while others occur because of a faulty truck part. No matter the conditions that caused your accident, we can prove that you deserve compensation from negligent or reckless parties.
We Can Establish Negligence To Prove Liability After a Truck Crash
Your Fox Chapel truck accident lawyer can satisfy the four elements of negligence to prove that another party caused the accident. These include:
- Duty of care: The liable party had a responsibility to keep you and other road users safe.
- Breach of duty: The at-fault party failed to maintain their duty of care.
- Causation: The liable party’s negligence was the cause of your accident and the injuries you suffered.
- Damages: You suffered damages because of the accident that the liable party caused.
Driving too fast for the road conditions and failing to properly secure cargo are examples of negligence. We can gather proof that shows how the at-fault party’s negligence led to your accident and injuries.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Berger and Green To Secure a Fox Chapel Truck Accident Lawyer
After your truck accident, reach out to Berger and Green. A member of our team can answer your case-related questions and explain your options for pursuing compensation. We’re ready to help you bring the at-fault party to justice.
Call us today for a free initial consultation.