- How Can Berger and Green Help With My Social Security Disability Application?
- Is There More Than One SSD Benefit Program?
- What Are the Stages of My Disability Claim?
- Get Free Help With Your Social Security Disability Case Now
The Social Security Disability (SSD) application process is long and can be difficult to manage on your own. When a Fox Chapel Social Security Disability lawyer from our team accepts your case, we can help you understand the requirements of the benefits application. One of our team members will review the details of your claim, including your current financial position, at no cost.
At Berger and Green, our Social Security disability team is committed to helping you alleviate ongoing financial concerns and get the disability benefits you deserve. We’ll help you determine which SSD program you qualify for, what you can expect from the application process, and how to file an appeal if the Social Security Administration (SSA) denies your request for benefits.
How Can Berger and Green Help With My Social Security Disability Application?
Are you struggling with the SDD application and the tremendous amount of information it requests? We understand how difficult it can be, so we’ll take the following steps to ensure your application is accurate and complete:
- Prepare your application with accurate information
- File your application for the appropriate benefits
- Ensure that your application for benefits is complete
While gathering the plethora of required information, simple errors of omission can be easy to make. Our assistance can help to ensure your application for benefits is complete.
If we are working with you on an appeal, your Fox Chapel, Pennsylvania SSD lawyer can also explain when you could be eligible for back pay once your application is approved and how long it typically takes to receive it.
How Can I Prove My Disability Prevents Me From Working?
Documenting certain aspects of your disability claim is important. Providing documentation that proves the extent of your disability can be difficult. According to SSA guidelines, your application should contain the following medical evidence:
- Contact information for a friend or family member who can attest to your medical condition
- Medical records and all relevant details about your physical or psychological condition or illness
- Contact information for every healthcare facility and provider you received a diagnosis or treatment from
- A comprehensive list of all medications and assistive medical devices required to treat your disability
- Results of any medical or laboratory tests you received and explanations for why they were ordered
At Berger and Green, our Social Security Disability lawyer serving Fox Chapel, PA will review your personal, financial, and medical evidence for accuracy and to ensure your application is comprehensive and complete.
For a free legal consultation with a Social Security Disability lawyer serving Fox Chapel, call 412-661-1400
Is There More Than One SSD Benefit Program?
Disability benefits are available via two programs. Knowing which program to apply for and which application to submit can make the application process easier. Your Social Security Disability attorney serving Fox Chapel, PA will ensure you understand the SSA’s two SSD programs and what happens when you qualify for both.
What Is Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)?
The SSDI program offers benefits for disabled men and women based on their employment. If you worked long enough and your work history is recent enough to qualify, this is the program you should apply for.
SSDI is designed to meet the needs of disabled workers who contributed to the Social Security program while employed.
What Is Supplemental Security Income (SSI)?
The SSI program offers benefits to disabled men and women who do not have sufficient financial means to support themselves and limited or no assets and resources. It is designed to meet their ongoing needs, such as food and shelter.
What Are Concurrent Benefits?
Concurrent benefits are available to disabled individuals whose work history qualifies them for SSDI benefits but whose SSDI income is below the income threshold for SSI benefits.
Your Fox Chapel SSD attorney will examine the details of your case and your potential SSDI benefits. If you are eligible for concurrent benefits, we will review this portion of your application.
Fox Chapel Social Security Disability Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
What Are the Stages of My Disability Claim?
Information gathering is the first part of the application process, followed by submitting the application. Once you have submitted your application, you will wait for a decision.
If the SSA does not approve your application, the appeals process includes up to four phases:
- Hearing by an Administrative Law Judge
- Review by the Appeals Council
- Federal Court review
You are never alone. Your Fox Chapel disability lawyer will represent you at each phase.
What Do Previous Clients Say About Our Law Firm?
Some of our previous clients leave reviews about our passionate pursuit of benefits for the SSD clients we represent. Some of our recent reviews include:
- MaryAnn Moyer: “My injury case was handled professionally from start to finish! The whole process went very smoothly. Attorney Peck was very knowledgeable and responded promptly to any questions that I had. They also represented me in a successful appeal for disability. I highly recommend this law firm.”
- Diana Russo: “They are great!! They were able to get me approved for disability, and you would think that was it, but they offer a free service to their clients to help with Medicare. I highly recommend Berger and Green!”
Our reviews page has more written and video testimonials that let you understand how we treat our clients.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Social Security Disability Lawyer?
It costs nothing upfront to put a Fox Chapel disability attorney from our team to work for you. We understand the financial hardship you might be experiencing while waiting to hear the outcome of your disability claim.
Our fee structure is intentionally risk-free. Instead of charging hourly fees or requesting a retainer, our law firm will not receive compensation until we achieve SSD benefits for you. If your case does not result in SSD benefits, you owe us nothing.
Get Free Help With Your Social Security Disability Case Now
At Berger and Green, we know how hard it can be to wait for the SSD benefits you need to support yourself and your family. If the application process is causing you anxiety or the SSA has already denied your application, a Fox Chapel Social Security Disability lawyer from our team can help.
Contact our case review team today and see how beneficial it can be to put our 40+ years of legal experience behind your fight for disability benefits.