This was the case for a 13-year-old girl whose Samsung Galaxy S4 burned under her pillow. The girl slipped her smart phone under her pillow before falling asleep. She said she could smell something burning; that burning was her smart phone that had caught on fire. The phone burned through her sheets and pillow and then had to be extinguished. Thankfully, no one was injured.

After the incident, the girl’s father admitted that the battery inside his daughter’s smart phone was a third-party battery that was not designed for Samsung devices. He feels that Samsung should have more noticeable warnings about using these third-party accessories.

For a free legal consultation, call (412) 661-1400

An incident like this may lead to an investigation of the product and all accessories used. If someone is injured due to a defective product, a product liability case may exist. Companies often must recall products if there is a defect found in them so more individuals do not get injured. In a previous blog post, we spoke about Office Depot recalling chairs because they were defective. To find out more about that product, visit our blog here.

If you or someone you know were injured because of a defective product, it is important to call a personal injury attorney to evaluate your claim.


Yahoo News, “Galaxy S4 bursts into flames under sleeping 13-year-old girl’s pillow”

Call or text (412) 661-1400 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form