How To Get Proper Medical Care And Document Your Injuries
The attorneys at Berger and Green want our clients to receive proper medical care. As your attorneys, our immediate concern is your state of health and timely recovery from the injuries you have sustained. To accomplish this, you should actively seek all necessary medical attention and treatment, and communicate this information to your Personal Injury Lawyers. This will allow Berger and Green to document your injuries and damages through the medical records obtained from those doctors and medical facilities providing care to you. In addition, Berger and Green will provide your medical providers with appropriate billing information.
In order to allow Berger and Green to assist you, please review the following guidelines:
- If you are experiencing any problems or pain as the result of injuries from the accident, you should promptly seek medical treatment.
- You must take responsibility to seek out all recommended medical care.
- You must comply with all instructions from health care providers.
- You must give a straightforward, factual response to all health care questions, and do not overstate or understate your symptoms.
- If you need a referral to a specialist, ask your treating physician, primary care physician, or hospital emergency room where you were initially seen.
- Your primary focus must be on getting better. Please do not discuss your legal problems with your doctor. Berger and Green will contact your doctor at the appropriate time.
- Your failure to go for all treatment that your doctors recommend will have a negative impact on the value of your case, and will allow the insurance company to argue that there must be nothing wrong with you.
- After each medical appointment, please call Berger and Green at (800) 999-2626 and advise us what you were told by your doctor and when your next medical appointment will be.
- Promptly notify Berger and Green if you are released from treatment or are directed to receive treatment from a new or different provider.
- If you have any questions or concerns about any matter involving your case, please call us at (800) 999-2626 so that we can speak with you.