Safety Tips for Students:
· Students should get to the bus stop early to avoid rushing.
· Always wait until the bus has come to a complete stop before walking toward it.
· If you have to cross the street, look both ways to make sure there is no moving traffic from either direction.
· Always cross in front of the bus so the driver can see you.
· Remain in your seat while on the bus at all times.
· Keep all hands and feet inside the bus.
· Never get off at a stop that is not yours.
· Students who walk to school should be accompanied by an adult until they are 10 years old.
· Encourage children to walk in a group to school.
· Teach children what to do if they are approached by a stranger while walking.
Safety Tips for Drivers:
· Motorists must stop when they are behind a bus, meeting the bus or approaching an intersection where a bus is stopped with its red lights flashing.
· Never begin driving until all children have reached a safe place.
· All motorists need to slow down.
· Be an alert driver and eliminate all distractions.
For a free legal consultation, call (412) 661-1400
Sadly, you cannot always protect your children from an accident. It is important, however, to hold negligent parties accountable for your child’s injuries. If your child was injured in an accident, contact the personal injury attorneys at Berger and Green for a free no obligation consultation.
Source: Nationwide Children’s, “Back-to-School Safety”