Car accidents can happen anywhere, including in the sometimes-bustling area of Corry, Pennsylvania. If you were the victim of a car accident, it could have been caused by a third party, and you could have grounds to take action. You may be eligible for various forms of financial compensation.
A Corry car accident lawyer from Berger and Green can help you learn more about your legal options following your accident.
How Hiring a Lawyer from Our Firm Can Help
If you are exploring the idea of hiring a lawyer following your accident, there are several ways you could benefit from our legal representation, including:
- A team available around the clock to answer your questions so you understand each step of the claims process
- Can help you fill out and submit the necessary paperwork, saving you time and stress and allowing you to focus on your recovery during this difficult time
- Give you the peace of mind of knowing you have a professional on your team
- Keep your case on track and remind you of upcoming deadlines
- Give you a sense of how much compensation you might qualify for, which can help you better plan for your future
- Put together the facts of your case to strengthen your chances of recovering compensation
- So much more
If you are concerned about legal fees, you are not alone. It can be expensive to hire a lawyer, especially if your case is complex, as several lawyers charge by the hour. An important thing to remember is that we operate on a contingency fee. Meaning, our legal fees are waived unless you win your case. If you do win your case, our fees come from your settlement or court award, not your pocket. There are no financial risks with this arrangement.
Searching for a Lawyer
As you search for the right Corry car accident lawyer, you could consider experience, a history of winning cases, a dedication to clients, availability at all times, and more. Thankfully, one team near you has all these qualities and more.
Consider our team at Berger and Green as you evaluate your legal options. Our reviews are a testament to our work, and we look forward to helping each client pursue the compensation they deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a car accident lawyer serving Corry, call 412-661-1400
What Kinds of Compensation Do Car Accident Victims Qualify For?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about two million people in the United States are injured in car accidents every year. That is a staggering figure, and if you were among those impacted by motor vehicle accidents, you could qualify for compensation.
Available compensation could come in one or more of the following forms:
- Reimbursement for your past medical bills and possible compensation for future medical expenses. This could include medication expenses, doctor bills, surgical expenses, physical therapy, medical equipment, and more.
- Damages for the emotional suffering you experienced during your accident, potentially impacting your long-term health or ability to enjoy your life.
- Punitive damages are awarded in cases where a court thinks the defendant acted recklessly.
- Compensation for your lost wages or changes to your personal income directly related to your accident.
- Reimbursement for vehicle damage or property loss.
- Much more
How Much Could I Receive?
The compensation you receive following a vehicle accident is directly related to your suffering. No amount of suffering is acceptable when it came at the hands of a third party, so remember you can file a claim no matter how minor your injuries or losses were.
That being said, more severe forms of loss could warrant significant increases in damages awarded, possibly in the five or six-figure range. Our Corry car accident lawyer can help you learn about possible compensation amounts.
If you win your case, you might have to decide on how you would like to receive compensation. Generally, this can come in single, lump-sum payments, or smaller payments deposited over time. Your choice of payment structure could affect your life and the lives of your loved ones. When such an important decision is in front of you, it could be wise to seek professional consultation.
Corry Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 412-661-1400
Strengthening Your Erie County Case by Proving Liability
Proving liability is an important step if you want to win your case. Even if you think you have evidence that a third party caused your car accident, you must prove it in court. Some examples of third-party liability that could hold up legally include:
- A drunk or intoxicated driver that caused your accident
- Speeding, tailgating, reckless driving, and other careless acts on the road that put you in danger or led to your accident
- Inexperienced drivers making errors that led to your crash
- Different forms of negligence, like failing to take care of a mechanical issue, leading to motor-vehicle crashes
- Distracted drivers looking at their cell phones, using the radio, looking away from the road, talking while driving, or engaging in any behavior that makes driving less safe
- Failing to drive appropriately in poor weather conditions
- Much more
If you think you can prove liability based on one of the aforementioned accident causes, or for another reason, you could have a case. Remember you could have a limited amount of time to act.
The Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations for vehicle accident and personal injury lawsuits in Pennsylvania is two years (Pa. C.S.A. § 5524). This means that if you were injured, the clock starts ticking for you to file a lawsuit at the time of your accident and runs out after two years.
Because you have limited time to act, if you are thinking about filing a lawsuit, it makes sense to take immediate action.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Berger and Green Today
If you are ready to fight for the compensation you deserve following your car accident, our team at Berger and Green is available to help. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation while you are still within your legal window to take action.